Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Toby Stevenson released

Toby has left after his contract ended. Thought he would end up shining when he first made his appearances for us. Shame he never pushed on. Good luck to him wherever he ends up next

Comments

• Surprised he wasn't kept on until the end of the season. 4 goals in the 8 games he played for us!
  • Don't think he had a bad game for us, I liked him. 
  • Afraid he wasn't good enough.  Appeared to not grow physically and often got outmuscled,  which is a real no no for a centre half. 
  • Good luck to him
  • Good luck Toby.
  • Good luck to him, a very nice lad.  Hope he finds a good level and works his way back up
  • Defenders can develop late.
    Good luck to the lad.
  • It's not every young defender who scores a hat trick on his debut!

Neat and tidy defender, could sometimes pick a pass too.
    Just felt he lacked a bit of bite and aggression.

Need to be a bit more 'Tom Lockyer', Toby! 

• Sponsored links:

• Should have stuck him up front. Scored more goals in 1 game than Hemed & Green have got together.
  • He didn't do enough at full back, too slow. Wasn't strong enough to play centre half. Was never going to get a new contract. Good luck to him in his future career.
  • Apart from the hat trick game never thought he looked near first team quality. But good luck to him. He'll always be the answer to a Charlton pub quiz question. 
  • Hat-trick aside, he was nowhere near good enough to play for us when he made his league debut for us at Blackpool and had an absolute stinker, I’m sure he will be a good signing for Bromley or Ebbsfleet though.
  • edited July 2020
    I saw him at the Stevenage game and he was superb then a year later in a pre season friendly at Biggleswade Town he looked half the player and was taken off . Not that surprised he’s gone . Good luck Toby 
  • No surprise really. Hope he gets a decent gig elsewhere. 
  • Slightly surprised as thought he may come good. Had an eye for the odd goal. Good luck to him. 
  • Hat-trick aside, he was nowhere near good enough to play for us when he made his league debut for us at Blackpool and had an absolute stinker, I’m sure he will be a good signing for Bromley or Ebbsfleet though.
    I thought he did okay that day.....
  • Hope he's not another one who comes back to haunt us!
  • Seems a shame after that cracking start, I wish him luck...
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope he's not another one who comes back to haunt us!
    For his sake I hope he is
  • I think that’s a bad decision. It’s not like we’re bursting with left backs or that TS earns so much  I hope TS gets a new job straight away. Let’s hope this talented prospect doesn’t come back to haunt us 
  • I feel haunted already
  • I think he ought to do well for someone. Wouldnt surprise me at all if he went on to play a lot of games and think we will come across him in future (like Barry Fuller). 
  • I think that’s a bad decision. It’s not like we’re bursting with left backs or that TS earns so much  I hope TS gets a new job straight away. Let’s hope this talented prospect doesn’t come back to haunt us 
    I have watched him regularly at U23 level and he is not good enough at left back or centre back. This is one player that won't come back to haunt us.
  • Simonsen said:
    I think he ought to do well for someone. Wouldnt surprise me at all if he went on to play a lot of games and think we will come across him in future (like Barry Fuller). 
    I very much doubt it. Will play non league football.
  • Nowhere near good enough.  I'm sure he'll have a good career as a semi-pro but he wouldn't cut it in the professional game.
  • dickplumb said:
    I think that’s a bad decision. It’s not like we’re bursting with left backs or that TS earns so much  I hope TS gets a new job straight away. Let’s hope this talented prospect doesn’t come back to haunt us 
    I have watched him regularly at U23 level and he is not good enough at left back or centre back. This is one player that won't come back to haunt us.
    I'll take no pleasure in being right about him when he next stars at the Valley - unless he emulates the Oztumer, Greene, Wilson career path.
  • Should have stuck him up front. Scored more goals in 1 game than Hemed & Green have got together.
    This is not a joke. If he can score goals, why the hell not? I wonder if they even tried him up front in training. I suppose that we have to trust our training staff on this rejection.
  • edited September 2020
    Potentially playing the second half against Spurs today for Watford

Unless its a different Stevenson as his Dad has retweeted the Watford tweet announcing their two teams