Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• incoming points deduction !
    This season or next? 
  • Surely this season. Can’t think of a reason why it would be next.
  • I don’t think a points deduction is a given
  • Have Wigan gone into administration?
  • Surely this season. Can’t think of a reason why it would be next.
    I believe administration results in an automatic and immediate deduction - so yes this season.
  • edited July 2020

Didn't they get taken over recently?

EDIT: taken over last month..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52920816

• Rothko said:
    I don’t think a points deduction is a given
    it's normally automatic and immediate isn't it?
  • it has it has to be this season. Hopefully she’d wed get 10 points and that should be us safe
  • Sponsored links:

• Am I right In thinking That Sheffield Wednesday players haven’t been paid fully this month too?
    This season or next? 
    That's rhetorical right?
    EFL won't even react to this until 5 minutes before next season kicks off, then they'll grant Wigan some right to appeal and the matter won't be resolved until summer 2021 at the earliest.
  • Gutted for their fans and their creditors - especially any small businesses that are their suppliers and will likely only be paid mere pennies on every pound they’re owed. 
  • With their form 10 points won’t necessarily relegate them. Might also mean they have something to play for when we play them 
  • They go into administration the day after hitting 50 points. Do they know that the points deduction will be next season?

arguing with myself now

or could it be that today is a new month and that can’t pay wages etc.
  • I think there is a cut off date/  I think is next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Really feel for them - don't know the situation at all but to go on the run they have been and then get hit by this news is devastating
  • Do you think that a mass of clubs could go into admin to force a bailout or lack of punishment due to the recent pandemic 
    This season or next? 
    That's rhetorical right?
    EFL won't even react to this until 5 minutes before next season kicks off, then they'll grant Wigan some right to appeal and the matter won't be resolved until summer 2021 at the earliest.
    Such little faith in the EFL doing the right thing!!! 

if we finish outside the relegation zone without them having a deduction I would prefer next season. 

Just hope we are not going to end up in the same boat, we are far from out of the woods financially. 
  • Wigan are in such good form I think they will still save themselves
  • i thought 12 points was the automatic deduction not 10
  • From the sun:

A top Manchester-based firm have been brought in to sort out their affairs while the EFL may be forced to dock them 12 points for the action.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12000255/wigan-administration-championship-football/
  • I could be wrong but I think it will apply this season if it relegates them, or next season if it doesn't?  Points deduction is up to 12 now not 10.
  • Extract from BBC website:

"The standard points deduction for an English Football League club entering administration is 12 points and, should that penalty be applied this season, it would drop them to the foot of the table, four points from safety with six matches left to play".

• sammy391 said:
    Am I right In thinking That Sheffield Wednesday players haven’t been paid fully this month too?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53242237