Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 30 June 2020 6pm ko

Have you seen the team? :smile:

Charlton: Phillips, Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr, Doughty, Forster-Caskey, Field, Cullen, Lapslie, Green, Aneke.

Subs: Amos, Purrington, Oshilaja, Pratley, Williams, McGeady, Morgan, Bonne, Davison.

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Looks like 3-5-2 wing backs with JFC on the left.
  • Think that’s what’s called wholesale changes.
  • 7 changes is unexpected. 
  • Think it must be three at the back with Lapslie and Doughty on the wings. Andre and Chunks up top.

——————Phillips
    ———Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Lapslie Field Cullen JFC Doughty
    —————Green Aneke
  • Oggy Red said:
    Looks like 3-5-2 wing backs with JFC on the left.
    Got to be Doughty on the left and Lapslie in the right.
  • Bowyer doing a Riga  ...... saving the best for the Millwall game! :smile:

•  Expecting 

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Lapslie F.Caskey Field Cullen Doughty
    Aneke Green

Strong line up, but not sure I'd drop Deji or Matthews.

Not used to a manager with a plan B!

• Sponsored links:

• P.s quicker side for sure.
  • I’d have taken a draw before I’d seen the team. Hope I’m wrong, but think we could be on for bit of a hiding. 
  • Very attacking bench. 

• The OS has this to say:

Lee Bowyer has named seven changes to his side for Tuesday evening's clash with Cardiff City at Cardiff City Stadium.

Having remained unchanged for the last two games, which have yielded six points since the restart, the Addicks have shuffled their pack with the fixtures coming thick in fast in the form of three games in just six days.

With that in mind, Bowyer has brought Naby Sarr, Jake Forster-Caskey, Alfie Doughty, George Lapslie, Sam Field, Andre Green and Chuks Aneke into his starting XI.

Dillon Phillips, Jason Pearce, Tom Lockyer and Josh Cullen are the four players who retain their places from the start, while Deji Oshilaja, Aiden McGeady, Darren Pratley, Albie Morgan and Macauley Bonne take their places on the bench.

They join Ben Amos, Ben Purrington, Jonny Williams and Josh Davison as Bowyer's options in reserve, while Adam Matthews receives a rest.

Charlton: Phillips, Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr, Doughty, Forster-Caskey, Field, Cullen, Lapslie, Green, Aneke.

Subs: Amos, Purrington, Oshilaja, Pratley, Williams, McGeady, Morgan, Bonne, Davison.

• Could be Doughty and Green either side of Aneke. 

• Got a bad feeling about this game, think we might lose by a few goals
  • edited June 2020
  • Mixed feelings, but I can appreciate why the changes have been made. Would rather have seen us keep the same shape but Matthews needs a rest, and if that's happening then we can't swap Matthews out for anyone else at RB. Can we, Chris Solly? Prick.
    Cardiff have a lot of pace and power on the wings so the two wing backs will have to work hard. Hopefully having Field in there will shield the defence enough for JFC and Cullen to pull some strings. I do worry that there's a lack of forward drive in that midfield which will leave the strikers isolated. Would much rather have a midfielder like Jonny who can bring the ball forward in place of JFC but never mind. Here's hoping for another win and more breathing space.
  • Dazzler21 said:
     Expecting 

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Lapslie F.Caskey Field Cullen Doughty
    Aneke Green

Strong line up, but not sure I'd drop Deji or Matthews.

Not used to a manager with a plan B!

Matthews rested. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cardiff: Smithies, Sanderson, Morrison (c), Nelson, Bennett, Bacuna, Pack, Ralls, Mendez-Laing, Adomah, Glatzel

Subs: Etheridge, Flint, Bamba, Smith, Vaulks, Whyte, Tomlin, Hoilett, Paterson
  • Very attacking bench. 

Might need it as the starting 11 is pony.

Lapslie runs about like a headless chicken. No skill & no creativity

JFC played well at Fulham as a makeshift  LWB so just hope he plays there because when he played after xmas he was a yards off the pace.

Front 2 have scored 3 goals between them.
  • Bowyer playing his 'horses for courses' card.

To me, it looks very much a team to sit and strangle midfield, hopefully contain Cardiff and close down space.

Then quick strikes on the break, with Doughty and Green our speed merchants - and Mountain Chuks to hold the ball up.
    Well that may be the plan.

But with that attacking bench if we need to chase the result, well possible to change the game plan entirely!

• a point will do hopefully. expecting a huddersfield esque defeat
  • Could be Doughty and Green either side of Aneke. 

Decent shout but is Naby alright playing left back?
  • Have to say I'm quiet shocked by that line up. Its not to say that the players coming in are not up to it, because there's actually still plenty of quality in that 11.

However making 7 changes, and playing 5 at the back, to me feels like an admission that you're not looking to get a positive result, and when every point counts I thought Bowyer would least be going for them.

As ever though, in Bowyer we trust. I am sure we will still be competitive and hard to break down.

Also Williams not being able to make it knot this 11 is quiet telling. 
  • Matthews is being rested! 
  • Scum 1 up already
  • Cardiff: Smithies, Sanderson, Morrison (c), Nelson, Bennett, Bacuna, Pack, Ralls, Mendez-Laing, Adomah, Glatzel

Subs: Etheridge, Flint, Bamba, Smith, Vaulks, Whyte, Tomlin, Hoilett, Paterson
    How the fuck is smithies starting in goal for them ahead of Etheridge?!?!?
  • With 5 subs allowed we could revert back to the same team as Hull/ QPR (minus Matthews and Hemed) if needed.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!