Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton close to signing former Love Island star from Wealdstone

https://t.co/Cl4eQX04Fw

The phrase ‘Bottom of the barrel‘ comes to mind.

Comments

• edited June 2020
    He seemed a bellend. Also looks to have put on some weight since Love Island.
  • nonsense rumour
  • That's just rubbish, he ain't even got a silly multi-coloured hair do!
  • How tall is he?
  • Can't look at the link. Is it The Wealdstone Raider?
  • Far better having a punt on someone like him, who Gallen seems to like, than throwing a million on a League 1 striker who happened to have one good season and expects a £10k a week pay day.
  • What's his house like?
  • Sponsored links:

• The usual comments when we sign someone from non league, something which all clubs at our level do
  • You want some!
  • Should have a decent malt in tow, being Love Island n'all...

• Thought we were still under a transfer embargo? So total non starter and made up rubbish.

If we are taking about signing reality tv stars, they might as well say we are signing Gemma Collins to sit in the holding midfield role. 
  • Hasnt exactly set the world on fire with his goals for Wealdstone has he like what Bonne did at Leyton Orient

Nor is he the same age as Davison so wont be a development type player
  • Thought we were still under a transfer embargo? So total non starter and made up rubbish.

If we are taking about signing reality tv stars, they might as well say we are signing Gemma Collins to sit in the holding midfield role. 
    So did I, but we must have improved josh and Albies wages to sign them up... which I tbought wag against the rules of an embargo 
  • He actually played against us for Crawley in the CheckYourProstate Trophy 3 years ago. 

We’ve had worse 
  • love island .. he didn't couple with anyone ! .. we can't go back to 1 up front 
  • Perfect for the centre of the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Thought we were still under a transfer embargo? So total non starter and made up rubbish.

So did I, but we must have improved josh and Albies wages to sign them up... which I tbought wag against the rules of an embargo 
    We were allowed to sign loan players in the last window and I assume that was allowed because the wages didnt exceed what we were already spending. So it could mean with Taylor leaving his wages could be used to improve the Morgan and Davison contracts with enough left over for the Wealdstone guy.
  • The usual comments when we sign someone from non league, something which all clubs at our level do
    It’s a tad disingenuous to suggest that all Championship clubs shop in the non league, very few do. 

Nothing wrong signing players from non league, there’s some real gems in there - but my issue is that we’re looking at a 23yo Striker/Reality TV reject who’s hardly been stand out in the National League South. 

If Gallen sees something there then I’m all for it, but to me this confirms another year of struggling to keep our head above water in the Championship. 
    It’s a tad disingenuous to suggest that all Championship clubs shop in the non league, very few do. 

Nothing wrong signing players from non league, there’s some real gems in there - but my issue is that we’re looking at a 23yo Striker/Reality TV reject who’s hardly been stand out in the National League South. 

If Gallen sees something there then I’m all for it, but to me this confirms another year of struggling to keep our head above water in the Championship. 
    This doesn’t confirm anything, it’s speculation which may have been driven by the players agent.

Even if we do sign him it’ll be as a punt, we’re not going have a squad made up of non league signings.

No way of knowing where we’ll be in a few months with the ownership, a potential takeover, which league we’ll be in etc. With COVID we can’t even be certain if/when the season will finish.
  • edited June 2020
    Scoham said:
    The usual comments when we sign someone from non league, something which all clubs at our level do

This doesn’t confirm anything, it’s speculation which may have been driven by the players agent.

Even if we do sign him it’ll be as a punt, we’re not going have a squad made up of non league signings.

No way of knowing where we’ll be in a few months with the ownership, a potential takeover, which league we’ll be in etc. With COVID we can’t even be certain if/when the season will finish.
    You’re quite right that this is likely agent speculation. 

I also take your point about ownership/COVID/league, but I just fear that unless we’re purchased by people who truly want the best for the club within the next few months, I dread to think where the club will be in general - let alone signings and contract extensions. 

This club can’t take another set of bad owners. 
  • This is more the CAFC we know and love, far better than the speculation about Messi and the other big names when Nimer appeared on the horizon.
  • Gallen will be deciding and on that basis I’m prepared to give the boy a chance. 
  • What league do Love Island play in?
  • What league do Love Island play in?
    What is Love Island?
  • dickplumb said:
    What league do Love Island play in?
    What is Love Island?
    It's an Island. 
  • If Gallen wants him at Charlton then so do I.