Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are The Days Of Flogging Our Players On The Cheap Gone?

My answer to the question would be, I sincerely hope so.....

What raised the question was whilst having dinner tonight, coming across the bottom of the telly on sky sports was a quote from Sean Dyche Burnley’s manager , which simply said The days of nicking Nick Pope for 1.5 million  and  James Tarkowski for 4 million have gone.

An honest statement from Mr Dyche, which reminded me (and made me angry) how crap we were run.

So can we look forward to decent prices being achieved in our transfer dealings, or are we still at the stages of if it moves... sell it quick?

Comments

• I think transfer fees will drop across the board, so answer is our young players will go even cheaper. 
  • I think transfer fees will drop across the board, so answer is our young players will go even cheaper. 
    I agree and I think that was what Mr Dyche meant. 
  • To answer your question.....

Yes........because we dont have much talent left & there are only so many times you can go to the well. The well in this context is the youth academy.

No.........because until we get a decent owner the crap ones will always use it as a way to fund the team without them having to dip their hands into their pockets. Or lately, a way they can take more money out of the club.
  • If that made you angry, so will this! I thought we sold Pope for about £800k
  • edited June 2020
    The answer to that is no. And will stay that way until we get proper owners who put players onto proper contracts. 

Don't believe me? Watch what will happen to Alfie Doughty. Only contracted to the end of next season I believe. Why should he sign a new contract in this madhouse. The club will have to try and sell him for a couple of quid in January or watch him walk away for nothing in the summer. 
  • The answer to that is no. And will stay that way until we get proper owners who put players onto proper contracts. 

Don't believe me? Watch what will happen to Alfie Doughty. Only contracted to the end of next season I believe. Why should he sign a new contract in this madhouse. The club will have to try and sell him for a couple of quid in January or watch him walk away for nothing in the summer. 
    More likely flog him this summer than risk getting to January and no one coming in for him.
  • If that made you angry, so will this! I thought we sold Pope for about £800k
    Which we thought was great business at the time
  • Glad that you've mentioned that SantaClaus, when RD took over the club
    Richard Murray's quote was ''at least now we don't have to sell our best players''.
    That went well! Some people have short memories!