Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conceding a goal just after HT and just before FT

We nearly did it again! This made me think of one for the stattos out there. How many goals have we conceded this season say from 45-50mins and 88-90mins +?

Would be an interesting stat, especially to see the translation into points. 

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Goals conceded in the 90th min or later:
    Huddersfield Town (A) - Two Goals - Cost us nothing
    Huddersfield Town (H) - One Goal - Cost us one point
    Sheffield Wednesday (H) - One Goal - Cost us nothing
    Sheffield Wednesday (A) - One Goal - Cost us one point
    Hull City (H) - One Goal - Cost us two points
    Millwall (A) - One Goal - Cost us one point
    Bristol City (A) - One Goal - Cost us one point

Goals conceded in the 46th min
    West Brom (H) - One Goal - We still earnt a point
    Bristol City (H) - One Goal - We still won

So if we hadnt conceded at the death in those games we'd have a further six points
  • se9addick said:
    Sheffield Wednesday (H) & (A) - One Goal - Cost us nothing
    Hull City (H) - One Goal - Cost us three points

Hull at home cost us 2 points didn’t it?
    Of course it did, thank you have amended my post
  • Thanks all. It's felt a lot worse over the course of the season. Maybe alongside the depleted squad, just felt like one nail after another. 
  • edited June 2020
    Statistically nearly every team will concede most goals in the last ten minutes . That's when most goals are scored. 
  • Goals conceded in the 90th min or later:

So if we hadnt conceded at the death in those games we'd have a further six points
    And already be 13th in the table, on 51 points ..... safety almost guaranteed.

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

And then take off the five points we gained ourselves in similar circumstances...
  • edited June 2020
    Simonsen said:

And possibly crucially, gave Huddersfield 2 extra points, Hull an extra point, Sheff Wed 2 extra points. 
    And the table would read:

CAFC ............13th - 51pts
    QPR ..............14th - 50
    Reading ........15th - 49
    Brum ............ 16th - 49 
    Sheff Weds ... 17th - 47 
    Wigan ..........  18th - 47
    Boro ..............19th - 44
    Stoke .............20th - 43
    Hull .............. 21st -  41 
    -----------------------
    Huddersfield..22nd - 40
    Luton .............23rd - 39
    Barnsley..........24th - 38  

:smile:

• Oggy Red said:

And then take off the five points we gained ourselves in similar circumstances...
    No, no, no. That would spoil the illusion.  :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

No, no, no. That would spoil the illusion.  :smile:

Regardless we'd still be six points above Huddersfield
  • Oggy Red said:
    Simonsen said:

And possibly crucially, gave Huddersfield 2 extra points, Hull an extra point, Sheff Wed 2 extra points. 
    And the table would read:

CAFC ............13th - 51pts
    QPR ..............14th - 50
    Reading ........15th - 49
    Brum ............ 16th - 49 
    Sheff Weds ... 17th - 47 
    Wigan ..........  18th - 47
    Boro ..............19th - 44
    Stoke .............20th - 43
    Hull .............. 21st -  41 
    -----------------------
    Huddersfield..22nd - 40
    Luton .............23rd - 39
    Barnsley..........24th - 38  

:smile:

lets not apply the same rule to all other teams... ;)
  • Absolutely not.

This is purely a rose tinted specs moment, of course!

• edited June 2020
    I've focused on the natural teams that have been at the bottom this season

Goals that I've counted are only those scored in the 45th min (so right before Half time) | 46th min (right after HT) | 90th min (FT) e.g. I've not counted Lyle's 89th min equaliser @ Barnsley

I've of course ignored any last minute goals that havent contributed to the outcome of the game e.g. Huddersfield's two goals against us as they'd already won the game

Interesting when you compare us with other teams that its not just Charlton that have suffered with goals scored at the death, but we are the only team that struggles right after HT

Ironic that both Charlton and Wigan are the worst teams for conceding at the end of games but are the highest in the table

Barnsley: Scored: 4 (Gained them 5-pts) - Conceded: 2 (Lost 2-pts); should have 3-less points
    Luton Town: Scored: 3 (Gained them 5-pts) - Conceded: 3 (Lost 5-pts); should have 0-pts
    Huddersfield Town: Scored: 2 (Gained them 4-pts) - Conceded: 0 (Lost 0-pts); should have 4-less points
    Hull City: Scored: 3 (Gained them 3-pts) - Conceded: 2 (Lost 3-pts); should have 0-pts
    Stoke City: Scored: 4 (Gained them 7-pts) - Conceded: 1 (Lost 2-pts); should have 5-less points
    Middlesbrough: Scored: 0 (Gained them 0-pts) - Conceded: 1 (Lost 2-pts); should have 2-more points
    Wigan Athletic: Scored: 1 (Gained them 1-pts) - Conceded: 5 (Lost 6-pts); should have 5-more points
    Charlton Athletic: Scored: 3 (Gained them 5-pts) - Conceded: 5 (Lost 6-pts); should have 1-more points
  • Off_it said:
    I've focused on the natural teams that have been at the bottom this season

Goals that I've counted are only those scored in the 45th min (so right before Half time) | 46th min (right after HT) | 90th min (FT) e.g. I've not counted Lyle's 89th min equaliser @ Barnsley

I've of course ignored any last minute goals that havent contributed to the outcome of the game e.g. Huddersfield's two goals against us as they'd already won the game

Interesting when you compare us with other teams that its not just Charlton that have suffered with goals scored at the death, but we are the only team that struggles right after HT

Ironic that both Charlton and Wigan are the worst teams for conceding at the end of games but are the highest in the table

Barnsley: Scored: 4 (Gained them 5-pts) - Conceded: 2 (Lost 2-pts); should have 3-less points
    Luton Town: Scored: 3 (Gained them 5-pts) - Conceded: 3 (Lost 5-pts); should have 0-pts
    Huddersfield Town: Scored: 2 (Gained them 4-pts) - Conceded: 0 (Lost 0-pts); should have 4-less points
    Hull City: Scored: 3 (Gained them 3-pts) - Conceded: 2 (Lost 3-pts); should have 0-pts
    Stoke City: Scored: 4 (Gained them 7-pts) - Conceded: 1 (Lost 2-pts); should have 5-less points
    Middlesbrough: Scored: 0 (Gained them 0-pts) - Conceded: 1 (Lost 2-pts); should have 2-more points
    Wigan Athletic: Scored: 1 (Gained them 1-pts) - Conceded: 5 (Lost 6-pts); should have 5-more points
    Charlton Athletic: Scored: 3 (Gained them 5-pts) - Conceded: 5 (Lost 6-pts); should have 1-more points
    You busy mate?
    ;-)
    Ran off me feet ;) 
  • I've focused on the natural teams that have been at the bottom this season

Wigan for the first couple of months of the season were regularly "throwing away" points at the end of games, I remember the Quest EFL highlighting this. They completely turned their season around since then
  • Sponsored links:

• I've focused on the natural teams that have been at the bottom this season

Wigan for the first couple of months of the season were regularly "throwing away" points at the end of games, I remember the Quest EFL highlighting this. They completely turned their season around since then
    Yeah last time they suffered from a 90th min goal was against Derby on Boxing Day
  • edited June 2020
    Since Paul Cook took over I think the goals against is dramatic

Completely wrong thanks to FA below
  • ross1 said:
    Paul Cook has been in charge at Wigan for a few years now
  • ross1 said:
    Paul Cook has been in charge at Wigan for a few years now
    Quite right FA, heard him being interviewed yesterday and was being congratulated how he has succeeded in getting 6 (I think) clean sheets in a row, and how he has turned the team around and wrongly presumed he had recently took over. Laziness my only excuse and I did not check information
  • Really don’t get the point of these threads - we won we didn’t concede any it’s like shutting the door after the horse has bolted. 
  • edited June 2020
    As back as it is conceding goals just after half time, but some of those were when we took took centre after second half.
  • That's true and also I remember it feeling that many of the goals conceded were last kick of the game, hence Bows funny rants about injury time.
  • edited June 2020
    LouisMend said:
    I’m wondering if the seemingly high number of goals in the last ten minutes is mainly due to the fact that the ‘last ten minutes’ is nearer 15 minutes with additional time. Additional time is usually low in the first half as there are few substitutions, injuries and less time wasting. The outlier is, therefore, probably 51-60 mins.
  • mendonca said:
    We nearly did it again! This made me think of one for the stattos out there. How many goals have we conceded this season say from 45-50mins and 88-90mins +?

Would be an interesting stat, especially to see the translation into points. 
    But we didn't concede at all in either game since the return so far.
  • 2 wins and clean sheets on the bounce. No complaints. Just seeing the teams around us pulling wins out of the bag made me think back to Pre CV games.