Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Albie Morgan and Josh Davison - New contracts

On OS albie 3 year deal and josh 2 year deal. Excellent stuff.

Comments

• Good news. 
  • Very positive news
  • Good to hear. I see videos the other day of Davison training with the first team, almost forgotten about him.

• Fucking best news out the club for weeks. 
  • Great news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully we see new deals for more senior players following
  • dickplumb said:
    Where is the money coming from?
    I did wonder this. I thought signing or extended deals came with a signing on fee? If so, who's paying this I wonder?
  • I am really happy for both of them but Albie has been at the Club since he was 9. I have watched him from U16s through U18s, U23s and the first team. Very impressed with how Josh Davison played for the U23s. He also was excellent for the first team against WBA.
  • Smart move. Young hungry players who will be here even if we drop into league one and develop further. Doughty signing would be great but think his head was turned by the Fulham bid in January. Does anyone else think there are any academy players coming through ? 
  • I was critical of Morgan’s weight pre lockdown but now he looks like he would benefit from McDonald’s opening
  • edited June 2020
    Great stuff... Especially well done to Josh, for Albie its a bit of a given that he should deserve a new deal but its worth remembering how well Davison did when called upon in January
    Not sure it was a given for Albie at all to be honest. There is a great player in there but he hasnt shown it consistently yet IMO. I wouldn't have been that surprised if he had left when his contract was up. The fact he started last game is a real positive and the new deal means Bow and his team are clearly very happy with him which is great news.
  • Great news
  • yes good news 
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice to see the youngsters given a fair shot and good luck to them, that aside it does make you wonder who is paying/ negotiating the new deals with the current question marks with ownership and any funds..
  • Great news! I was really worried that Albie might play well for the next 8 games, then sign for another club. I can't believe how much slimmer he now looks, it's as if someone has photoshopped his body!

The forced perspective (why is it being used?!) makes Albie and Josh look like giants. Wouldn't want to spill their pints!
  • ct_addick said:
    Smart move. Young hungry players who will be here even if we drop into league one and develop further. Doughty signing would be great but think his head was turned by the Fulham bid in January. Does anyone else think there are any academy players coming through ? 
    Not yet in these twos class but at Under 23 level there are (in my opinion) AMB, Vega, Powell, Mingi, Vennings, Keefe and Wierdu. I would also  add Wassim Aouachria, a very promising forward from Marseille or Lyon, who was injured the whole of last season. I don't know their contract situations, so may be already sorted.

Some very promising Under 18's including Albon and Aaron Henry who made his debut in the FA Cup v West Brom. Also rate the goalkeeper Osaghae. I am sure there are others. Hope this is helpful.
    Not too sure about Mingi or Vega, but certainly the rest are good prospects.
  • Got high hopes for Albie so this is good news 
  • edited June 2020
    Josh looking huge 
  • dickplumb said:
    Where is the money coming from?
    Is it costing money to renew contracts?
  • dickplumb said:
    ct_addick said:
    Smart move. Young hungry players who will be here even if we drop into league one and develop further. Doughty signing would be great but think his head was turned by the Fulham bid in January. Does anyone else think there are any academy players coming through ? 
    Not yet in these twos class but at Under 23 level there are (in my opinion) AMB, Vega, Powell, Mingi, Vennings, Keefe and Wierdu. I would also  add Wassim Aouachria, a very promising forward from Marseille or Lyon, who was injured the whole of last season. I don't know their contract situations, so may be already sorted.

Some very promising Under 18's including Albon and Aaron Henry who made his debut in the FA Cup v West Brom. Also rate the goalkeeper Osaghae. I am sure there are others. Hope this is helpful.
    Not too sure about Mingi or Vega, but certainly the rest are good prospects.
    I agree that Vega may be a punt out of all the others I mentioned, but before his injury Mingi really impressed after a less than auspicious start when on trial the season before last.