Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pubs can reopen from 4th July

Pubs, restaurants and hairdressers can reopen from 4th July.

Cheers!

Comments

• that weekend is gonna be messy. 

shame the millwall game is on the friday but i presume the MET didn't want the extra agro 
  • What about cocktail bars? Nightclubs is a no, pubs is a yes, we're in between that but nothing concrete either way yet
  • sam3110 said:
    What about cocktail bars? Nightclubs is a no, pubs is a yes, we're in between that but nothing concrete either way yet
    Just open up and presume you fall into the pub category 
  • Thank god. Really missed going to my local (s).
  • Anything about having to sign in?
  • Anything about having to sign in?
    Just the basics mentioned, guess details will be released over the next few days.
  • I may be wrong, but I thought I heard Boris say it is table service only.
  • Sponsored links:

• pettgra said:
    If you are only allowed to book for two. Who do you take, your mate or your missus. What a dilemma.
    The dilemma is how you tell your missus, no brainer who to take :) Yes i am single btw :) 
  • will be table bookings

names taken down etc

not going to be free flowing pints. 
  • pettgra said:
    If you are only allowed to book for two. Who do you take, your mate or your missus. What a dilemma.
    The dilemma is how yojohnnybev1987 said:
    pettgra said:
    The dilemma is how you tell your missus, no brainer who to take :) Yes i am single btw :) 

I am going to tell her its lads only for the first month. It is the pubs rules and nothing can be done about it. On reflection I somehow think that is not going to work.
  • I mean it's great that things are opening back up and it does seem to be being done sensibly but I am fully expecting not to be able to properly get to a pub until the end of summer. 
  • But not gyms. :(
  • Strong words StigT. I would argue you will see and hear many from this board visit the pubs,  but I can't support their "couple of functioning brain cells."
  • Good to see Cummings has spent the last couple of months usefully, coming up with a moronically opaque crock of shit to appease a few more tory donors while shamelessly confusing the majority which will inevitably lead to utter chaos and infections spikes all over and not helping to save a single remaining viable business.
    He and Boris prove again, if proof were need, what heinous idiotic self-serving shitcnuts they both are.  Nobody with a couple of functioning brain cells will take themselves anywhere near a congested pub, bar, shop, salon of any description until one can protect oneself against infection, with significant certainty.
    Until such time as any substance abuse or vanity problem outweighs my ability to organise my daily life I'll not be changing one iota of the social aspects.  Until then the 23/03/20 strictures remain.  This household won't be embracing a whole new level of risk just cos Cummings tells Boris it's different when patently it isn't.  They don't get the chance to tell me it's raining when I know full well they'll both piss on me and laugh while doing so.
    Many pubs, bars and hairdressing salons will be rammed/fully booked.
  • Good to see Cummings has spent the last couple of months usefully, coming up with a moronically opaque crock of shit to appease a few more tory donors while shamelessly confusing the majority which will inevitably lead to utter chaos and infections spikes all over and not helping to save a single remaining viable business.
    He and Boris prove again, if proof were need, what heinous idiotic self-serving shitcnuts they both are.  Nobody with a couple of functioning brain cells will take themselves anywhere near a congested pub, bar, shop, salon of any description until one can protect oneself against infection, with significant certainty.
    Until such time as any substance abuse or vanity problem outweighs my ability to organise my daily life I'll not be changing one iota of the social aspects.  Until then the 23/03/20 strictures remain.  This household won't be embracing a whole new level of risk just cos Cummings tells Boris it's different when patently it isn't.  They don't get the chance to tell me it's raining when I know full well they'll both piss on me and laugh while doing so.
    Take that a no you won’t be going to the pub on the 4th July.
    Not even for a cheeky one? @Chizz is buying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Back to the thread. Excluding getting my haircut won’t bother using pubs and restaurants until social distance restrictions are taken down.

Nothing to do with risk, just don’t think the experience will be very enjoyable. Prefer to stick with drinking and BBQ in the garden etc. I am not willing to accept their version of new normal and will stick to what we are doing at the moment. 

• The pubs will re-open on 4th July.

Does that mean Covid-19 is over?

Well put.
  • Yes, it’s table service only and Johnson also mentioned that you will have to register in case the pub is linked to an outbreak. I will definitely be in a beer garden soon, but not the 4th or 5th; pubs will be rammed (or what passes for rammed in this new world!)
  • First weekend will be a nightmare all those once a year pub goers will be out like at Christmas taking 10 minutes to order a round drink by drink as they haven’t thought about what to have to drink before they get to the bar (or using an app in the new world). 
    Much as I have missed it will not be rushing on the first weekend. 

It will be like NYE for the first month with dickheads everywhere. That aside, I cant believe how few people are happy they can see family or friends again... but are just moaning about pubs they have no intention of using.