Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Question re purchasing a live package for the remaining 8 games?

I am a Valley Pass member but not a season ticket holder nowadays.
Can I buy an 8 game package.....or is that only for season ticket holders?
If I can’t, I assume I will have to purchase a link at the cost of £10 per game each time?

Comments

• Think you have to pay per game mate, which might work in your favour if more matches are shown on Sky.

I would imagine last game of the season against Leeds will be picked by Sky. So in theory there's only 6 games left you need to buy.

Thanks DC.👍🏼
  • If you have not Sky you can buy a weekly pass (Now TV) for the Sky matches from Currys for £10. Which give you access to the Sky Sports Channels for 7days, instead of paying to just watch one game. Got mine this morning ready for the Millwall game.  
  • Dansk_Red said:
    If you have not Sky you can buy a weekly pass (Now TV) for the Sky matches from Currys for £10. Which give you access to the Sky Sports Channels for 7days, instead of paying to just watch one game. Got mine this morning ready for the Millwall game.  
    Thanks for the info Dansk.......but I already have the full Sky Sports package.👍🏼
  • Also if you sign in with a  VPN to purchase it's £5 per game. You do not need the vpn after that so can watch on TV/Computer/iPad after. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Also if you sign in with a  VPN to purchase it's £5 per game. You do not need the vpn after that so can watch on TV/Computer/iPad after. 
    Does that work with the CAFC cash?
  • edited June 2020
    Unfortunately I don't know as I've not had a season ticket since 04/05.

If it's simply a credit to your account it might do? 
  • I have signed up for Sue Park's to text me updates from all the remaining games  :)
    You wouldn’t let it lie......... ! 
  • edited June 2020
    I know there was a technical issue with the sound, but I thought the production quality was better than usual. May just be Hull's end. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Will the games that are on sky also be on valley pass? Don't have sky or now tv
  • Will the games that are on sky also be on valley pass? Don't have sky or now tv

What about if a Charlton game is on Sky Sports?

Due to EFL restrictions only season-ticket holders will be able to access Charlton games on Sky Sports via Valley Pass. Season-ticket holders will need to purchase through the club’s ticketing website by clicking here for any games on Sky Sports.

• clive said:
    Will the games that are on sky also be on valley pass? Don't have sky or now tv

Due to EFL restrictions only season-ticket holders will be able to access Charlton games on Sky Sports via Valley Pass. Season-ticket holders will need to purchase through the club’s ticketing website by clicking here for any games on Sky Sports.

That would seem to be at odds with what Doctor Charlton is suggesting?
    Let’s get this right......you seem to be saying that although I have a full Sky Sports package that I won’t be able to view the Charlton games they are airing without first paying to go through Valley Pass.......I can’t see that being the case. If it were everyone in the country would have to pay......doesn’t seem right to me or have I misunderstood you?
  • clive said:
    Will the games that are on sky also be on valley pass? Don't have sky or now tv

That would seem to be at odds with what Doctor Charlton is suggesting?
    Let’s get this right......you seem to be saying that although I have a full Sky Sports package that I won’t be able to view the Charlton games they are airing without first paying to go through Valley Pass.......I can’t see that being the case. If it were everyone in the country would have to pay......doesn’t seem right to me or have I misunderstood you?
    Our games which are shown live on Sky can only be viewed on Valley Pass by season ticket holders,obviously if you are a Sky subscriber you have the option of Sky coverage.
  • The way I see it, if you have Sky Sports Package you will be able to watch the game on the designated channel. Charlton are only allowed to sell the match to season tickets holders. Non season ticket fans will ba able to buy a day pass from Sky (Now Tv) so Sky get the monies. As I stated earlier you can purchase a weekly Now Tv pas from Currys for £10 the same as it cost for a day pass.  
  • Is it just me or is this f’ing confusing?
    Though I now fully understand that I am OK using just the Sky channels for the two games they are covering.
    However, I just took a butcher’s at the other thread and there would seem to be a fair number of folk who are still puzzled.
    You gotta laugh......well done clive for trying to sort out all the questions.
    Though I now fully understand that I am OK using just the Sky channels for the two games they are covering.
    However, I just took a butcher’s at the other thread and there would seem to be a fair number of folk who are still puzzled.
    If you have Sky you watch it via Sky.

If you don't have Sky you can watch it via Valley Pass but you need to be a season ticket holder to access it and pay the appropriate fee to CAFC. For the other games anyone can watch it on Valley Pass (providing they pay and navigate into the system)
  • Maybe it wasn’t such a great idea as a sky customer to use all my CAFC cash to buy access to the last 8 games 😱
  • I know there was a technical issue with the sound, but I thought the production quality was better than usual. May just be Hull's end. 
    The Hull game was my first ever watch of live streaming.  Visuals were perfect, while commentary by Greg Stubley (?) and another chap was informative and cheerful.  One minor quibble: too many 'shout-outs' for Barry, Sharon, Darren, Leanne, et al gets a bit tedious.
    No, it's not just you!  I really wanted the whole nine-game package, partly paid for by my season ticket rebate if possible.  Far, far too complicated!  So I'm aiming to take each game as it comes, Brian, even if it means paying a bit more.

I think part of the nightmare confusion is not making it absolutely clear that the path to buying a pass is closed until the Wednesday before a Saturday game.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe it wasn’t such a great idea as a sky customer to use all my CAFC cash to buy access to the last 8 games 😱
    I’ll be asking for a credit back in CAFCCash for those two games. As you said I was I wasn’t  so hasty to sign up for the 9 game package.
  • This is a good explanation:  https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/everything-you-need-to-know-to-watch-this-weekends-sky-bet-championship-action/

If you’ve got Sky you get the 38 games that Sky select. If you want to watch any of the other 70 Championship fixtures you get iFollow. If you’ve got a season ticket you get iFollow at no extra cost. 
  • Just to clarify...

I bought the £72 9-game pass last week. Entered my code and watched the game on Saturday.

I don't have to wait for codes for every game, do I? It was just the one code for access to ALL of the games... correct?

• Just to clarify...

I bought the £72 9-game pass last week. Entered my code and watched the game on Saturday.

I don't have to wait for codes for every game, do I? It was just the one code for access to ALL of the games... correct?

Nope that should be the code for all nine games so you wont have to enter another one

Be surprised if you did as the club would be creating a lot of unneccessary work for itself
  • Just to clarify...

Nope that should be the code for all nine games so you wont have to enter another one

Be surprised if you did as the club would be creating a lot of unneccessary work for itself

Thanks mate.

I'm 99.9% sure that's the case anyway.

• Just to clarify...

Thanks mate.

I'm 99.9% sure that's the case anyway.

Also if you go on your subscriptions it'll show you've got a "CAFC STVOUCHER" which'll expire around: 16 Jun 2021

Its that voucher that was activated when you entered the code
  • Got my code today, good old Lewis has done his job, good lad.
  • Sorry for giving your post a LOL Vf......you just couldn’t make it up!