Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Fathers Day

To all you dads out there, hope you’re having a good day and being spoiled.

I had breakfast made for me and my wife and daughter brought me back a lovely coffee when they went out for a run.

My daughter made me this card of all the things I love, the rectangle above the middle ‘D’ is my bed apparently!

Comments

• From my daughter and Magnus, artwork by her.
    Nice. Mine got me an Airfix plane to make and M&S chocolates.
  • I got beer. Mines a good lad 
  • Got a card from my Son - He's only two so card wont have been from him but the gesture was still very much appreciated 
  • I received a voucher from my son for three films on Amazon Prime or Sky Store, and an invite from my daughter to take on The Bermondsey Beer Mile, so I am well happy. Oh and a box of After Eight Mints.
  • To all you dads out there, hope you’re having a good day and being spoiled.

I had breakfast made for me and my wife and daughter brought me back a lovely coffee when they went out for a run.

My daughter made me this card of all the things I love, the rectangle above the middle ‘D’ is my bed apparently!

That’s a lovely card but I see a dirty word under the charlton badge 

It's lovely but I'm interested in what the green thing is above the bbq? 

Spitfire?

A spitfire 

He’s her favourite player and haven’t had the heart to tell her the truth.
  • Sponsored links:

• That looks easily edited to lyle toilet. 
  • Mixed feelings today really, had some nice little gifts and cards from the boys (well the missus, they're still too young).
    It's also my dad's birthday who passed away 3 years ago, he was another Addick. 
  • Couple of shirts and a Piston Head multi-beer selection which was nice as never had their beers before. 
  • Talal said:
    Mixed feelings today really, had some nice little gifts and cards from the boys (well the missus, they're still too young).
    I know what you mean. This is the first Father's Day since my dad passed away. I'm not overly sentimental but it did bring it home to me today when I realised this morning and took some time to remember him. 
  • Talal said:
    Mixed feelings today really, had some nice little gifts and cards from the boys (well the missus, they're still too young).
    I know what you mean. This is the first Father's Day since my dad passed away. I'm not overly sentimental but it did bring it home to me today when I realised this morning and took some time to remember him. 
    I’m with you there. Last time I saw my Dad was Father’s Day last year, as he passed away 2 days later. Been a horrible week with the anniversary closely followed by Father’s Day. On the flip side, my son visited yesterday and in a month’s time I’ll be a Grandad for the first time.
  • Roo (10) has managed to persuade my ex to buy me two Riedel Pinot Noir glasses and a very decent bottle of Pinot half of which has now been drunk. Yum. 

He’s helped cook a beef roast, whisked the cream for strawberries and cream and we’ve just watched The Karate Kid  for the first time.

my dad’s card arrived even though only posted it Friday and his present also turned up today.

Been a good day 😁

• Your daughter looks well pleased !!
  • Your daughter looks well pleased !!
    She best not b millwall 
  • @Spitfire76 08/09 season I believe. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 2nd fathers day for me, absolutely loved it 
  • Talal said:
    @Spitfire76 08/09 season I believe. 
    Cheers m8 & any idea on the different colour scheme?
  • First Father's Day with myomy grandaughter. Got a lovely picture of my granddaughter with Arundel castle in the background, great big fuck off bar of dairy milk, socks, mug, Bowie LP, Damned quadruple LP, plus beer and bar snack collection. Truly blessed. Even better was that we were all together for dinner but I miss not being able to give my granddaughter a cuddle.
  • edited June 2020
    A
  • My teenage daughters got me a local deli box of cured meats, cheese, chutneys and pork pie slices. They also put my favourite photo of my dad, who passed away in February, and I put into a frame.

• My boys came over this morning to bring presents and cards - only stayed outside the back door for 15 minutes or so but I saw them on Father's Day :)
    Pressies were a Cardboard End booking for me, a hamper with beer, chocolate, cheese biscuits and onion marmalade - and a programme from the Boxing Day game against Norwich in 1997 - the very first game I took them to.
    Aftershave from the missus - plus she paid for all the equipment for a professional dart board set-up in the summer house!
  • Talal said:
    @Spitfire76 08/09 season I believe. 
    Cheers m8 & any idea on the different colour scheme?
    Not really, probably just another option. I know the darker one was used by the management team, not sure if the lighter one ever was. 
  • I got a lovely card made by my 5 year old, my 7 year old also made me a card but hid it so I would not find it and can't remember where.

• Thoughts with all of you for which things like today are a difficult day (for various reasons).

Thats a lovely post @Spitfire76

• edited June 2020
    Nice selection of fine ales and a Charlton  Fathers Day card from my daughter.