Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SKY Q

In the next week or so Iam going to have SKY Q installed. I do have sky HD at present and the set top box has a scart connection, which is handy because I still have a Video/DVD recorder.
 As the sky Q box does not have a Scart connection, does any one have advice as to how I can make recordings to my DVD Recorder.

Comments

• Your Sky Q recording memory is pretty massive. Any reason you want or need to record onto disc ? 
  • Its handy sometime to record films for friends who do not have SKY. The Q box is 1Tb
  • Derek1952 said:
    Its handy sometime to record films for friends who do not have SKY. The Q box is 1Tb
    I’m not as qualified as some will be on this but I suspect your other hardware might want an upgrade. HDMI on your Disc recorder and TV ?
  • I will  see if the SKY Engineer has any advice when he installs the Q box
  • Probably want to prepare another line than 'want to put things on disc for people who don't want to pay for Sky' when talking to the Sky engineer?
  • Derek1952 said:
    I will  see if the SKY Engineer has any advice when he installs the Q box
    I think you can get Scart to HDMI converter but I’m sure the quality of the images will be greatly reduced.
  • HDMI is protected by HDCP copy, it can be a real fuss to get it to record and some money will need to be spent. I did a quick google and found this: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sky-Q-and-DVD-Recorder/td-p/3107745#

Think you're going to struggle here.