Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last 8 Games

Thoughts, predictions, results etc. from our relegation rivals.

Fixtures:
6 pointers in bold italics

Charlton:
QPR (H)
Cardiff (A)
Millwall (H)
Brentford (A)
Reading (H)
Birmingham (A)
Wigan (H)
Leeds (A)

Wigan:
Blackburn (H)
Stoke (H)
Brentford (A)
QPR (H)
Barnsley (A)
Hull (H)
Charlton (A)
Fulham (H)

Stoke:
Middlesbrough (H)
Wigan (A)
Barnsley (H)
Leeds (A)
Birmingham (H)
Bristol (A)
Brentford (H)
Forest (A)

Huddersfield:
Forest (A)
Birmingham (A)
Preston (H)
Reading (A)
Luton (H)
Sheffield Wednesday (A)
West Brom (H)
Millwall (A)

Middlesbrough:
Stoke (A)
Hull (A)
QPR (H)
Millwall (A)
Bristol (H)
Reading (A)
Cardiff (H)
Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Hull:
Birmingham (A)
Middlesbrough (H)
West Brom (A)
Bristol (A)
Millwall (H)
Wigan (A)
Luton (H)
Cardiff (A)

Barnsley:
Millwall (H)
Blackburn (H)
Stoke (A)
Luton (A)
Wigan (H)
Leeds (A)
Forest (H)
Brentford (A)

Luton:
Swansea (A)
Leeds (A)
Reading (H)
Barnsley (H)
Huddersfield (A)
QPR (H)
Hull (A)
Blackburn (H)

Comments

• Could be a good opportunity for Stoke to pull away in those next three games, although their defeat at Reading yesterday was maybe a tad premature in thinking they'd be safe now

If we can stay undefeated at the Valley and pick up 10-pts from those four games then that'll be enough I reckon

Not ruling out getting points at Cardiff or Birmingham though
  • Stoke drew at Reading.
  • edited June 2020
    Stoke drew at Reading.
    Cheers forgot they got a late goal
  • It’s better if one or two of those teams win all the six pointers to leave others in the mire. Plenty of drama to come - unfortunately.
  • Wow Huddersfield have a tough run in.
  • Wow Huddersfield have a tough run in.
    They do however have a few games against teams that will have nothing to play for by the time they play them. 

It will be intresting how teams cope with out a crowd.  Will some play with les fear of failer?  Will some struggle without the backing?  You can't set up to silence the crowd etc etc.

I can't see Barnsley and Luton BOTH getting out of it, so it's one of them and then 2 from 7.    I actually think it will be 2 from 4 within a few weeks. I suspect we will get down to the last few games with most of those 8 clubs safe. 
  • edited June 2020
  • I can't calculate at the moment if it is better for us that most other teams have 6 pointers rather than us. We've done well against teams below us but not immediately above.
  • edited June 2020

Judging by the low points totals it looks like I’ve gone a bit draw heavy all round. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Reckon the bottom three will contain Have three out of Barnsley, Hull, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and us. Hopefully not us. 
  • Reckon the bottom three will contain Have three out of Barnsley, Hull, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and us. Hopefully not us. 
    You think Luton stand more chance of survival than us?

I think it'll be three from: Barnsley / Hull / Luton / Middlesbrough 
  • We need three wins - tough to see where they will come but in LB we trust. 
  • Boro's run in doesn't look too tough so I would have thought they would get out of it. If Stoke lose all their 6 pointers in the next 3 games then they are back in real do do. And wouldnt want Barnsley's run in? Especially as they have a run of 6 pointers before that.

Our main problem is after next week. QPR dont have much to play for & by all accounts weren't up for it yesterday. We really need to win that as I don't see us getting much from the 3 after that. 
  • I wasn't feeling particularly confident before yesterdays game. However, i can see us picking another 10 points up.
  • I went into the 9 thinking 4 wins should be enough

still think that so 3 more should hopefully do

QPR
    Reading
    Birmingham
    Wigan

win 3 of those 4 and we will be fine
  • We should be better than the spell that saw our poor run BUT

We still need to be slightly better with our clearances

Watching yesterday there were multiple times when it took a few headers or kicks of the ball to get it to safety

Need to be better there as thats where we got punished so often
  • edited June 2020
    Nine points doesn’t feel like it’s going to be enough, but twelve points feels unreachable. 

It’s going to be a nail biter and I wouldn’t be surprised if we are losing at Elland Rd but staying up by virtue of one of our rivals also losing. Millwall beat Huddersfield to keep us up?
  • A lack of goals will be our problem 
    Only need four of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Barnsley picked up yesterday where they left off - bang on form. 

We need 6 pts from Brum and reading as they are mid table 
  • If Brentford can beat West Bromwich Albion then they really have an amazing opportunity.
  • edited June 2020
    Huddersfield have a tough run in on paper, bad result for them yesterday to lose against Wigan at home.

Hull look doomed to me, their run in is tough and when they’re losing Wilks at the end of the month as well, I just can’t see them staying up.

• Nice one, we’re practically mid-table!
  • Any clubs in this other than us and Hull missing important players?
  • Any clubs in this other than us and Hull missing important players?
    Middlesbrough
  • QPR have lost a few (we're playing them Saturday).
  • Got to hope Luton and Barnsley both lose their next two and it knocks the stuffing out of them before some easier games... And Hull just lose them all.  Huddersfield and us with the toughest run ins I think.