Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Well, that’s news to me. Eagles can suffer from Gout. Too much Port and Stilton, clearly 
  • Should this really be in this category ?
    Seriously. 
  • edited June 2020
    Saw the bloody thing at Eagle Heights in Eynesford a couple of years ago, mean looking fucker!

At least its travails are over. Hopefully Palarse will have it stuffed... sorry, get stuffed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Should this really be in this category ?
    Seriously. 
    Changed to something more appropriate.
  • Apologies if any felt I was laughing at the death of the animal itself.

It was more that it was considered a newsworthy story and the predictable reaction as it is Palace
  • "Kayla was a joy to have at Selhurst Park. She never failed to amaze as you watched her soar from one goal to another. She made the match-day experience so special and will be sorely missed."

Trust Palace to do something spectacular. All we do at Charlton is fall on our sword.

• Glad she lived a long and hopefully happy life (think the average lifespan for her species is 20 years, so 28 is a decent age), and that she saw the only team she actually cares about win a Super Bowl.

Dunno why the Glaziers needed a bird around!

RIP Kayla.
  • As someone that has an immense dislike to performing animals, an Eagle flying the length of a football pitch is hardly a circus trick. I rescued small birds of prey mainly barn owls, kestrels and Buzzards and was licensed, there are a 101 reasons why that beautiful bird was in captivity. Using the bird in that way would help raise awareness to their specific plight and I dare say a few quid for bringing it along. Football clubs as do all sorts of stadium regularly use birds of prey to prevents birds settling in stand roofs. 
  • T_C_E said:
    As someone that has an immense dislike to performing animals, an Eagle flying the length of a football pitch is hardly a circus trick. I rescued small birds of prey mainly barn owls, kestrels and Buzzards and was licensed, there are a 101 reasons why that beautiful bird was in captivity. Using the bird in that way would help raise awareness to their specific plight and I dare say a few quid for bringing it along. Football clubs as do all sorts of stadium regularly use birds of prey to prevents birds settling in stand roofs. 
    I do remember we used to have a pigeon problem at The Valley. 

Palace had their eagle. Have the Massives got an owl?

• They should have stayed with their original nickname and had a pane of glass at each game.

At least they could look forward to the transfer window...............
  • Sponsored links:

• They should have stayed with their original nickname and had a pane of glass at each game.
    Ive always thought of them as a pane of glass, well almost.
  • They should have kept their original name the Fucktards with Iain Dowie at each game .
  • @Henry Irving do you have google alerts set up for deaths?
  • Vitesse Arnhem have been flying an Eagle pre match for years. It was far more impressive than the one at Palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsfE5x3ufaw

• PopIcon said:
    @Henry Irving do you have google alerts set up for deaths?
    Do you troll RIP threads as your life is so boring?
  • edited June 2020
    Who needs an Eagle when you have @WoolwichPigeon?

• In the Brighton squad v Arsenal today apparently. 
  • Trying to punch it was almost as embarrassing for us as having it in the first place is embarrassing for them.

I'm sure it was a lovely bird and its a shame that it has died, but it goes down in a long litany of nonsense:-
     - Copying other teams kits
     - Changing nicknames to be more relevant (we did the same but at least we realised our error)
     - Creating rivalries with geographically distant teams.
     - "Ultras" with their black hoodies and banners - unbelievably cringeworthy.
     - Claiming a history that isn't theirs (oldest club FFS).
     - "South London and proud".

Knobs, cocks, twats and dicks the lot of them...

Most of this is fair enough, but the rivalry they have with Brighton makes as much sense as that between Norwich and Ipswich, or Swindon and Oxford. They are all the biggest team in their respective county - Brighton in Sussex and Palace in Surrey. The distance between Brighton and Croydon is about the same as Ipswich to Norwich as well. 
    Not every team can be like us London clubs and have rivals just down the road.