Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chromecast Help !!!

A few people have said you can connect your IPad to your TV to show the game by downloading an app called Chromecast.

Can someone explain it all to me?

What app exactly in the App Store would I need to download (there are a few similar ones)?

Is this a paid or free app?

What do you need to do once downloaded on your iPad to project Valley Pass to your TV?

very grateful for any assistance
cheers 

Comments

• I think it's a device like a fire stick
  • Miracast and Allcast can stream stuff from your phone to TV if you install both apps on device and tv
  • ads said:
    I think it's a device like a fire stick
    Ah, ok. Thanks!
  • ads said:
    I think it's a device like a fire stick
    Ah, ok. Thanks!
    Yeah its a device you plug into the TV then cast from Your phone to the chromecast. Ive got one and they are great if you dont have a smart tv
  • So you shouldnt need a specific app for Chromecast itself... Instead just need the ValleyPass app - When you click on any video whether it be VP / YouTube etc you should get the below icon

All you need to do is click that and connect with Chromecast like you would do when you connect to a Bluetooth device for example

• edited June 2020
    Or get an iPhone to hdmi adapter and just plug your phone into the hdmi slot of your tv

• MrOneLung said:
    Or get an iPhone to hdmi adapter and just plug your phone into the hdmi slot of your tv

I bought something similar in Asda last week. £11.
  • The Chromecast is a physical device that plus into a spare HDMI socket on your TV, designed to stream content from phones and tablets to a TV

Once you have it you download a free App on your tablet etc, and set it up with the provided password so that on that device you can send any streamed content to your TV (if it doesn't have that App on it already)

I bought it for streaming BT Sport to my TV, but also use it for ITV Hub and other catchup devices. It works for Valley Pass.
  • I would go with the hdmi adapter. You will need to power the Chromecast and a hdmi lead just plugs in. 
  • Now I’ve seen this, I definitely agree the adapter is the most simple solution.. didn’t even know they existed tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• I have an iphone adapter and Chromecast and personally I find Chromecast much easier and more reliable.
  • A few people have said you can connect your IPad to your TV to show the game by downloading an app called Chromecast.

What app exactly in the App Store would I need to download (there are a few similar ones)?

What do you need to do once downloaded on your iPad to project Valley Pass to your TV?

cheers 

In addition to all the helpful comments on here already, if you have a Sky box, you can cast it directly to that. Follow what @ForeverAddickted said and you should be able to cast it straight to the box and the tv you have the box connected to will show it. 
  • Chizz said:

In addition to all the helpful comments on here already, if you have a Sky box, you can cast it directly to that. Follow what @ForeverAddickted said and you should be able to cast it straight to the box and the tv you have the box connected to will show it. 
    I don't have a Chromecast or a Smart TV (or Sky Q), but would be interested to know how you cast to your Sky Plus Box 
  • Any app recommendations for casting videos to your tv? Allcast is a bit sketchy.
  • Trial and error had Cast To TV-XCast being the best.
  • A few people have said you can connect your IPad to your TV to show the game by downloading an app called Chromecast.

cheers 

Yes, thank you. 
    Thought I was the only thick, miserable, old git on here. (Smiley face).

Got a Samsung Galaxy tablet, but can't get it to connect to telly.

Looked at Google apps, said Chromecast or Google Chrome is now Google Home. I have no idea how that works.
  • adsads
    edited June 2020
    A few people have said you can connect your IPad to your TV to show the game by downloading an app called Chromecast.

cheers 

Yes, thank you. 
    Thought I was the only thick, miserable, old git on here. (Smiley face).

Got a Samsung Galaxy tablet, but can't get it to connect to telly.

Looked at Google apps, said Chromecast or Google Chrome is now Google Home. I have no idea how that works.
    My Samsung galaxy tablet has a cast thing built in,pull the screen down from the top to the menus, there might be an option called smart view, click on that an follow the instructions
  • @ads
    Thanks, appreciate your help. 
    I've tried that, the pulling down, smart view thingy, but the telly doesn't seem to want to connect even though it's on the same home wi fi.
    Seriously, thank you. 

• @ads
    Thanks, appreciate your help. 
    I've tried that, the pulling down, smart view thingy, but the telly doesn't seem to want to connect even though it's on the same home wi fi.
    Seriously, thank you. 

Some TVs have an 'enable mirroring' option in the settings, see f it has one of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank you for helping.

• Looks like I’ll be watching on the iPad, not the worst to be honest and better than the phone. Have tried everything to connect phone / iPad to tv, even connected by HDMI cable....nothing, have given up now and resigned to the iPad...at least kids will stay quiet as they can have the tv I suppose!!
  • Looks like I’ll be watching on the iPad, not the worst to be honest and better than the phone. Have tried everything to connect phone / iPad to tv, even connected by HDMI cable....nothing, have given up now and resigned to the iPad...at least kids will stay quiet as they can have the tv I suppose!!
    I’ve used Apple TV box, it works fine. Mirroring from my iPhone via the valleypass app. 
    I’ve used Apple TV box, it works fine. Mirroring from my iPhone via the valleypass app. 
    Exactly what I did on Saturday. 
    FYI a lot of the newish samsung tv's have apple tv built in. 

Might be a good solution for anyone that doesn't realise they don't need to buy anything extra