Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Pass | Frequently asked questions

edited June 2020 in General Charlton

Please find below answers to frequently asked questions about Valley Pass ahead of Saturday's game against Hull City.

The club will continue to update this page based on queries from supporters (last update 16/06/2020).

Do I need to be a Valley Pass subscriber to access live streaming?

No, you don’t need to be a Valley Pass subscriber. However, you do need to have registered a Valley Pass account. This is free to do and can be done here.

I’ve tried resetting my password for my account but I don’t get any emails, what should I do?

Please email website@cafc.co.uk.

What pass do I need to watch a game if I live in the UK?

Fans in the UK can purchase one of the below passes to watch any of Charlton’s remaining nine games not shown on Sky Sports:

- A matchday pass for the specific game you want. This costs £10 (the minimum the club is allowed to charge under EFL regulations) and can be purchased here three days before the game is due to be played.

- Season-ticket holders and matchday ticket holders can purchase an individual match pass on the club’s ticketing website for £10, which can be purchased three days before the game is due to be played. Supporters taking this option can use money they are owed as refunds now games have moved behind closed doors, to pay for this. Find out more about how to use your CAFC Cash by clicking here. Season-ticket holders and matchday ticket holders that are being sent codes to access games, should ensure they are using a working email address and that their email addresses accept emails from the club.

- Season-ticket holders have access to all the money owed to them now games have moved behind closed doors in their tickets account. This money, CAFC Cash, can be used to purchase a combination of the games at a discount price. Click here for more information. Season-ticket holders and matchday ticket holders that are being sent codes to access games, should ensure they are using a working email address and that their email addresses accept emails from the club.

What about if a Charlton game is on Sky Sports?

Due to EFL restrictions only season-ticket holders will be able to access Charlton games on Sky Sports via Valley Pass. Season-ticket holders will need to purchase through the club’s ticketing website by clicking here for any games on Sky Sports.

Will Charlton games be behind the red button on Sky Sports?

None of Charlton’s remaining games are set to be behind the red button on Sky Sports.

What pass do I need to watch a game if I live outside the UK?

The Valley Pass service has not changed for fans outside the UK. The club can stream every Charlton game outside of the domestic territory unless it is selected for international broadcast, Here for a list of upcoming games selected as the main game on Sky Sports which will not be available in all countries.

- Fans outside the UK can purchase a matchday pass here for the specific game you want. This costs £5 (the minimum the club is allowed to charge) and can be purchased three days before the game is due to be played

- Fans who have already purchased the annual international streaming pass for £110, will still be able to access any game they would normally be entitled to.

I’m a season-ticket holder or match-ticket holder, how do I activate the code I have been given?

To activate your code, simply click here, scroll down and put the code you have been sent into the box below “Have you got a Gift Voucher or Discount Code?”.

Then click “Redeem”. 

If you are already logged into Valley Pass then the process will be complete. If you aren’t logged in, you will need to log-in. If you don’t already have a Valley Pass account, you will need to register. 

How do I watch games on Valley Pass?

A direct link to the live stream will be posted on the club’s website and social channels on the morning of the game. Supporters are strongly advised to tune in at least 30 minutes before kick-off.

With the increase in demand compared to the normal amount of games, will Valley Pass be able to cope with the increased demand?

The club has worked with our streaming partners to make sure Valley Pass is able to cope with the additional demand. Should you have any technical issues on the day of the game with the stream, please email VPSupport@streamamg.com.

Will the commentary and the pictures be synced properly?

There were a few issues with sound on Valley Pass, and other iFollow channels, in the early weeks of the season but this issue appears to no longer be a problem. If you do notice a difference please let us know at the Twitter handle @Valley_Pass or by emailing website@cafc.co.uk and we’ll pass on to the technical team.

I can’t watch the live stream on my mobile or tablet?

Due to EFL regulations, to watch the game on your mobile or tablet you’ll need to watch it via the Valley Pass app. To access the app, simply search for Valley Pass in your respective app store. From there you can log-in and scroll over to the ‘Live’ page. 

What do I do if I have technical difficulties in the run-up or during the game?

Should you have any technical issues on the day of the game with the stream, please email VPSupport@streamamg.com.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ee892a0ac1df/valley-pass-frequently-asked-questions

Comments

• Does anyone know if there is any plugins or extra downloads needed? Asking as using a PC that is locked from adding extra stuff without admin rights, thanks 
  • So still £5 if you're outside the UK, that's good. 
  • Supporters will be able to watch Saturday's game on desktops and laptops and on their Apple and Android devices with the Valley Pass app. To access the app, simply search for Valley Pass in your respective app store.

Further information on accessing and testing the live stream will be available later this week.

Please note, supporters who have already purchased a multi-game package for live streaming will not have to purchase a match pass to access the game.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ee9e45527256/get-your-match-streaming-pass-for-saturdays-game-against-hull-city

• Please find below answers to frequently asked questions about Valley Pass ahead of Saturday's game against Hull City.

The club will continue to update this page based on queries from supporters (last update 17/06/2020).

No, you don’t need to be a Valley Pass subscriber. However, you do need to have registered a Valley Pass account. This is free to do and can be done here.

I’ve tried resetting my password for my account but I don’t get any emails, what should I do?

Please check your junk mail. If you are still having problems please email website@cafc.co.uk.

What pass do I need to watch a game if I live in the UK or Ireland?

Fans in the UK and Ireland can purchase one of the below passes to watch any of Charlton’s remaining nine games not shown on Sky Sports:

- A matchday pass for the specific game you want. This costs £10 (the minimum the club is allowed to charge under EFL regulations) and can be purchased here three days before the game is due to be played.

- Season-ticket holders and matchday ticket holders can purchase an individual match pass on the club’s ticketing website for £10, which can be purchased three days before the game is due to be played. Supporters taking this option can use money they are owed as refunds now games have moved behind closed doors, to pay for this. Find out more about how to use your CAFC Cash by clicking here. Season-ticket holders and matchday ticket holders that are being sent codes to access games, should ensure they are using a working email address and that their email addresses accept emails from the club.

- Season-ticket holders have access to all the money owed to them now games have moved behind closed doors in their tickets account. This money, CAFC Cash, can be used to purchase a combination of the games at a discount price. Click here for more information. Season-ticket holders and matchday ticket holders that are being sent codes to access games, should ensure they are using a working email address and that their email addresses accept emails from the club.

Due to EFL restrictions only season-ticket holders will be able to access Charlton games on Sky Sports via Valley Pass. Season-ticket holders will need to purchase through the club’s ticketing website by clicking here for any games on Sky Sports.

None of Charlton’s remaining games are set to be behind the red button on Sky Sports.

What pass do I need to watch a game if I live outside the UK and Ireland?

The Valley Pass service has not changed for fans outside the UK and Ireland. The club can stream every Charlton game outside of the domestic territory unless it is selected for international broadcast, Here for a list of upcoming games selected as the main game on Sky Sports which will not be available in all countries.

- Fans outside the UK and Ireland can purchase a matchday pass here for the specific game you want. This costs £5 (the minimum the club is allowed to charge) and can be purchased three days before the game is due to be played

- Fans who have already purchased the annual international streaming pass for £110, will still be able to access any game they would normally be entitled to.

I’m a season-ticket holder or match-ticket holder, how do I activate the code I have been given?

To activate your code, simply click here, scroll down and put the code you have been sent into the box below “Have you got a Gift Voucher or Discount Code?”.

Then click “Redeem”. 

If you are already logged into Valley Pass then the process will be complete. If you aren’t logged in, you will need to log-in. If you don’t already have a Valley Pass account, you will need to register. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ee892a0ac1df/valley-pass-frequently-asked-questions

• clive said:
    Supporters will be able to watch Saturday's game on desktops and laptops and on their Apple and Android devices with the Valley Pass app. To access the app, simply search for Valley Pass in your respective app store.

Further information on accessing and testing the live stream will be available later this week.

Please note, supporters who have already purchased a multi-game package for live streaming will not have to purchase a match pass to access the game.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ee9e45527256/get-your-match-streaming-pass-for-saturdays-game-against-hull-city

Any idea when this info is going to be available Clive? I have set up my account and had confirmation that my payment has been received - I had expected that e-mail to come with some kind of access code?  
  • This will be interesting..... Im bloody sure this will be A feck up of mega proportion by 3 o’clock Saturday.   
  • Used my CAFC CASH to buy the Hull game, did it yesterday.
    Also e-mailed them at 5pm today asking if I needed a code.

Got a fairly prompt reply saying if I ordered yesterday my code would arrive today.
    Well, still waiting, but I can understand they must be busy.
    Assuming they are still working.
  • I have tried to log in with my Valley Pass account and it is saying I haven't got one!
  • I signed up no problem. Then attempted to buy using Debit Card. Did not want to play at all. So purchased via PayPal. Says iv paid but received no mention of needing a code or anything like that. Says iv paid though...... so will find out tomorrow when IT DOESNT BLOODY WORK.
  • Sponsored links:

• I signed up no problem. Then attempted to buy using Debit Card. Did not want to play at all. So purchased via PayPal. Says iv paid but received no mention of needing a code or anything like that. Says iv paid though...... so will find out tomorrow when IT DOESNT BLOODY WORK.
    Had the same issues... Don't think we are getting any codes as I logged in.. Got a test screen and then saw the LB interview?
    Presume tomorrow will work??? 
  • I think we need to be clear whether we're talking about buying the Hull game as a one-off, or getting one of the season ticket holders passes. I'm not a season ticket holder, so set myself up with a new Valley Pass login, bought the Hull game via Paypal (which only cost me a tenner, not sure if that's due to the fee not applying due to paypal or the method I connected to it), and haven't been sent any kind of code. Was still able to login in last night and access the Bowyer press conference footage.
    So I think you only need a code if you're buying a multigame pass.
  • This will be interesting..... Im bloody sure this will be A feck up of mega proportion by 3 o’clock Saturday.   
    On or off the pitch?
  • Like @aliwibble I have purchased as a one off and have not been sent an access code, and although the page said "This test has now concluded" I have still been able to access the press conference and following the link I have got to a test card saying that I have been successful logging in.  
  • aliwibble said:
    I think we need to be clear whether we're talking about buying the Hull game as a one-off, or getting one of the season ticket holders passes. I'm not a season ticket holder, so set myself up with a new Valley Pass login, bought the Hull game via Paypal (which only cost me a tenner, not sure if that's due to the fee not applying due to paypal or the method I connected to it), and haven't been sent any kind of code. Was still able to login in last night and access the Bowyer press conference footage.
    So I think you only need a code if you're buying a multigame pass.
    Hi Ali. I don't think we are getting a code as it's a one off. Hopefully the link will appear on Valley Pass tomorrow morning🤞
  • According to @Airman Brown here, it's actually to do with how the payment's been taken, so if your using your Charlton Cash you'll need a code, but if you've used paypal there's no need so you'll be fine.
  • Out with the dog, just got my code emailed to me. I’m supposed to be painting the hallway, stairs & landing today. First thing first, set the TV up for tomorrow.
  • I've got no option to purchase, have I missed the deadline or something for tomorrow's game?
  • Valley Pass - Frequently asked questions:
    1. WTF?
    2. Why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Please find below answers to frequently asked questions about Valley Pass ahead of Saturday's game against Hull City.

The club will continue to update this page based on queries from supporters (last update 19/06/2020).

Please check your junk mail. If you are still having problems please email website@cafc.co.uk.

What pass do I need to watch Saturday's game?

A matchday pass for Saturday's game can be purchased here.

Then click “Redeem”. 

I've purchased a package on the ticketing website and my code hasn't arrived yet?

Codes for Saturday's game against Hull City have all been distributed. If you haven't received yours please email website@cafc.co.uk.

Any home-game package codes will not be sent out until next week.

How do I watch games on Valley Pass?

On Saturday coverage from the KCOM Stadium begins on Valley Pass at 2pm. If you have a pass, click here at that time to watch the live stream on your desktop or laptop. If you want to watch from a phone or tablet you will need to download the Valley Pass app, log-in and click on the ‘Live’ button

Ahead of Saturday's game please access the test stream to make sure you’ll be able to gain access to Saturday’s game. Click here to test the live stream channel at any point on laptop or desktop. If you want to test from a phone or tablet you will need to download the Valley Pass app, log-in and click on the ‘Live’ button

Will Valley Pass be able to cope with the increased demand for the remaining nine games?

The club has worked with our streaming partners to make sure Valley Pass is able to cope with the additional demand. Should you have any technical issues on the day of the game with the stream, please email VPSupport@streamamg.com.

Will the commentary and the pictures be synced properly?

There were a few issues with sound on Valley Pass, and other iFollow channels, in the early weeks of the season but this issue appears to no longer be a problem. If you do notice a difference please let us know at the Twitter handle @Valley_Pass or by emailing website@cafc.co.uk and we’ll pass on to the technical team.

I can’t watch the live stream on my mobile or tablet?

Due to EFL regulations, to watch the game on your mobile or tablet you’ll need to watch it via the Valley Pass app. To access the app, simply search for Valley Pass in your respective app store. From there you can log-in and scroll over to the ‘Live’ page. 

What do I do if I have technical difficulties in the run-up or during the game?

Should you have any technical issues on the day of the game with the stream, please email VPSupport@streamamg.com.

• There doesn’t seem to be a way to make the payment for tomorrow’s stream with CAFC Cash? Am I missing something? 
  • cafctom said:
    There doesn’t seem to be a way to make the payment for tomorrow’s stream with CAFC Cash? Am I missing something? 
    There was a 9am cut off. 
    I believe you csn still buy a match pass for Hull with your own money. 
  • edited June 2020

I want to use my CAFC Cash to buy a match stream but it is no longer available?

The deadline to purchase with CAFC Cash for Saturday’s game passed on Friday morning.

You can still purchase Saturday's game by clicking here: https://charltonafcpayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1

You will be able to access CAFC Cash to assign to streaming purchases again from Sunday.

The deadline was communicated later than it should have been and fans who have missed out on a discount because of this will be compensated accordingly. If this is relevant to you, please email website@cafc.co.uk from Sunday.

Latest update issued at  22.00  19/6/20

• Has anyone successfully set up Valley Pass on a Firestick?

I've loaded the app but when opened it doesn't display correctly, it looks all squashed up

I've loaded the app but when opened it doesn't display correctly, it looks all squashed up
    I used my firestick yesterday, I didn't use the app, I went in via the website. I couldn't get rid of the big red Charlton banner at the top of the screen. 
  • Anyone know if you can watch back games on VP?

I used my firestick yesterday, I didn't use the app, I went in via the website. I couldn't get rid of the big red Charlton banner at the top of the screen. 
    I signed in via Firestick, but couldn't find the game listed and it stopped me from viewing other videos that had the unlocked symbol next to them with a message that "you don't have permissions".... 
    Ended up using laptop, which wasn't ideal. Be even worse if it's an early KO as my daughter will watch too 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Anyone know if you can watch back games on VP?
    Looks like the answer is no to both questions. 
  • Has anyone managed to watch the game on a smart tv? I’ve tried on an LG and a sharp tv. Haven’t been successful yet. I’ve gone into the valley pass account and signed in. When I go to watch the game the other day, it kept saying I needed to log in.