Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Chippy, Pizza Shop, Indian, Chinese Takeaway

Just thinking as the lockdown has resulted in restaurants being shut, takeaway places have started to open up and many people will be wanting to get their eat out fix. 

Which Chippy, Pizza Shop, Indian, Chinese Takeaway do you always  use / recommend?

Comments

• Out of the way for most, but if in Sheffield the Mangla Restaurant in Spital Hill takes some beating. Free delivery within three miles. 
  • Chinese we always get from Chans in Barnehurst 
  • Have only had 2 takeaways since lockdown, both deliveries from The Ruchi in Albany Park (Indian), both superb.
  • Britannia grill in Crayford/Dartford has never let me down.
  • I dont eat a lot of takeaways, however we are getting a Chinese on Sunday. Most of the Chinese takeaways I've had are grim. Can anyone recommend good one that will deliver to Lee?
  • PopIcon said:
    I dont eat a lot of takeaways, however we are getting a Chinese on Sunday. Most of the Chinese takeaways I've had are grim. Can anyone recommend good one that will deliver to Lee?
    Bento Lee High Road. Japanese but does of the traditional dishes on most English Chinese menus. Definitely a cut above the usual overly greasy takeaway fare. 
  • Inaga in Coney Hall is very good for Indian.  

Beluga in Eden Park excellent for fish and chips and Barturellas there does a very good non branded, made on site pizza.

Not been for a few years but Peking Chinese on Bromley Road, Beckenham always used to be head and shoulders above other Chinese takeaways.

• Babur, Honor Oak.
  • Another vote for chans in barnehurst and also another vote for ruchi at albany park. Love their punjabi chicken.

Big fan of onamika in barnehurst too.
  • edited June 2020
    Ban Mi Leo in Greenwich is excellent Thai, the Pizza Room in New Cross & Mama Dough in Ladywell for great takeaway pizza.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mr Man's in Belvedere for fish & chips. 
  • Bromley Hill Fish Bar. Trumpy...but fantastic. 
  • Best "Chippy" is at my house.
  • edited June 2020
    Barnehurst Kebab (Near the Station) for me is up there with one of the best if not the best Chick Shish kebab’s I’ve ever had...😋😋😋😋
  • Kentkebabfish.co.uk.  We’ve been using them regularly. Excellent quality. Do a great deal for £19.50    Bit of everything, three pittas. Can of drink. Take 10% off. Quick delivery. 

For Chinese we’ve been using the New Phoenix via BigFoodie. Pretty consistent quality. 

Curry experience has been mixed. Had a great first one from the Polash on Dartford road but second one was very poor. Had one the other night from the Viceroy of India in Bexley via JustEat (20% off on Tuesdays) and it was terrific but I’m wary given the Polash experience. Will give it another go though. 
  • Mama Dough and the fish and chip shop both in Ladywell are excellent
  • Fish @ Perri in New Romney High Street is very good. 
  • Kai's Kitchen, Thai in Tunbridge Wells. Very good.
  • Shampan, indian
    Chinagaga, Chinese
    Stuzzichini, Italian including great pizza
    Hello Burger, Burger etc

• Have only had 2 takeaways since lockdown, both deliveries from The Ruchi in Albany Park (Indian), both superb.
    Used to take me dad in there
  • Sponsored links:

• Wing Lee in Gravesend is superb, the same people who run the one opposite Charlton BR Station
  • Babur, Honor Oak.
    Restaurant used to be good, takeaway from the restaurant never good - at least not the two times we’ve used it, the last two weeks ago. 
  • Seamaster just south of Peckham Rye has generally been excellent. Saying that, the last time a couple of days ago wasn’t great.
  • Indian room in Balham 
  • If you happen to be a snoop doggy dog "Just eat" user.

Pizza2Night is good reliable and highly rated.

Every pizza takeaway from any place is rather expensive but they are good value for money in my opinion if you compare them to others.

There's one in welling and Gravesend 👍

They always either arrive on time or about 10-15 mins early 
  • Kai's Kitchen, Thai in Tunbridge Wells. Very good.
    The spice is great if you’re in t Wells. 
  • Ocean Fish bar in barnehurst on Mayplace Road make their own thick naan breads then fill them with tandoori chicken, with loads of garlic sauce on it. It’s honestly a thing of beauty.
  • Mr chippy grove park really nice