Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Stewart said:
    The PS5 looks horrendous. Does it have to be white?

If I get one, it will be a PS
    Comes in black aswell
    Black is much better imo.
  • That looks so much better. 
  • The look of the console is very unimportant, Its not a piece of art! 
  • I play the amazing single player exclusives on my PS4 Pro, and mainly use my Xbox One X for playing games with my friends online, so I was incredibly torn between the next gen consoles.

The PS5 presentation last night has now put me firmly in their court for a day one purchase, mainly due to Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I look forward to what Xbox show off at their first party presentation next month, and hope they announce a new Fable game is coming as they can't rely on Halo, Gears and Forza for another generation 
  • Did Sony confirm any release date titles or was it just snippets of games coming out at some stage?
  • Did Sony confirm any release date titles or was it just snippets of games coming out at some stage?
    There was a few announced for holiday 2020. Main one is the new Spider-Man title
  • The PS5 looks like a wireless router!
    Opposed to the X-Box that looks like a composting bin.
  • Stig said:
    The PS5 looks like a wireless router!
    Opposed to the X-Box that looks like a composting bin.
    Would you rather play games on something that looks like a fridge or something that looks like a trophy? 

Love the PS5 design and its the two tone colourscheme for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The downside of digital only is that if the console is backwards compatible to PS4 then there'll be no way to play the PS4 games you have on disc. Unless Sony announce some way you can carry them over to a digital download. It would be good if you got a download code in future physical games (similar to what you get if you buy a Vinyl now)as sometimes you can find good deals on the physical versions.
  • Stewart said:

Comes in black aswell
    That's pretty awesome (is just a mock up - look at the reflection) but I like the white and black mixed vibes. 
  • Really like that kind of AlienWare style. 
  • edited June 2020
    That's so wrong, the scaling is wrong on the comparison pictures (the control has been seen in hand on review channels and it's almost the same size as the current control. It's also almost the same as the XBox control.
  • The black version is a mock up to show it looks better in black, which it definitely does.

Play Station really ought to make it in both white and black and let people choose.
  • The XBox will definitely be smaller height wise as the internals are stacked on top of one another (Will be a pain to fix/clean)

I can't see the PS5 being much taller than the Xbox One.

• edited June 2020
    Sage said:
    The black version is a mock up to show it looks better in black, which it definitely does.

Play Station really ought to make it in both white and black and let people choose.
    Would definitely increase sales, but also costs. 

I remember the Silver Boomerang PS3... I think there's a good chance it'll all be black by release.

• The PS5 only has one USB-A port by the looks of it. If I have a racing rig and usb Bluetooth wireless headset then I'm gonna be pretty screwed.

Appears the controllers will now be charged via USB-C too.

• The PS5 only has one USB-A port by the looks of it. If I have a racing rig and usb Bluetooth wireless headset then I'm gonna be pretty screwed.

The original PS4 which I still have only has 2 on the front which is annoying enough! (My external hard drive has to be connected from the front and looks a mess!)
  • edited June 2020

The PS5 only has one USB-A port by the looks of it. If I have a racing rig and usb Bluetooth wireless headset then I'm gonna be pretty screwed.

The original PS4 which I still have only has 2 on the front which is annoying enough! (My external hard drive has to be connected from the front and looks a mess!)
    I've got a cheap USB splitter on mine so I have 5 useable ports instead of 2 and 1 of those is used up by a Seagate 4TB Ext hard drive. 

So I still have 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    That's so wrong, the scaling is wrong on the comparison pictures (the control has been seen in hand on review channels and it's almost the same size as the current control. It's also almost the same as the XBox control.
    I doubt it will be as big as the picture makes out, I personally don't get all the fuss about what they look like although I do think the Xbox does look a bit bland.
    I saw a control comparison video and like you say there was nothing between them size wise. 

I think both consoles will have some good points the other doesn't have and both with have flaws, it depends what eco system you are in as to which one you get - a bit like the Android v Apple debate, ultimately they are both good.
  • Dazzler21 said:

The PS5 only has one USB-A port by the looks of it. If I have a racing rig and usb Bluetooth wireless headset then I'm gonna be pretty screwed.

I've got a cheap USB splitter on mine so I have 5 useable ports instead of 2 and 1 of those is used up by a Seagate 4TB Ext hard drive. 

So I still have 4.

I did consider one of those but I read reviews saying if using extendable storage it can lead to some of the ports not working which could of course stop your game mid-session.

You never had any problems?

• Dazzler21 said:

So I still have 4.
    Yeah i've got a splitter for when I need it, its just annoys me having to look at the wires coming out of the front of the console!

I'd be amazed if no USB on the back, about time they supported wireless headsets natively instead of having to dick around with plugging into controllers or using dongles.
  • ps5 for me, but not until sometime next year, wait for a better level of games to come out to catch up with the new power
  • Glovepup said:

I'm going to need to go all out and get a 4K tv for it too, so I'm probably looking close to £800 all in on my setup.

Did they mention anything about backwards compatibility with hardware? Couldn't find anything on it. I have a racing rig for PS4 and would be gutted if that was no longer compatible, means my spending for the setup would be north of £1000.

It definitely works with PSVR ,PS4 camara & motion controllers , I know there is new camera & there will be new motion controllers but they confirmed a while back that PSVR will work on it with existing set up so I guess that means camara etc.
    On the VR subject, they say a PSVR 2 is coming for PS5 & this is expected to be 4K , I was planning on a new TV to go with PS5 as I have with each PlayStation launch I got a new Sony TV that they recommend is optimal for gaming but this time I won’t bother although I will probably have one anyway as mine is a few years old but I won’t get the latest one to go with PS5 as since I’ve had a VR headset I’ve not gamed on regular tv since , it’s transformed gaming for me & I love it ,the 3D sound on it is excellent & this is in the ps5 but combined with VR it’s so immersive.
    i watched the presentation last night on my headset on giant screen & it looked awesome 

I would be surprised if the new PSVR is 4k, even new PC VR headsets are way off that right now. I could be wrong of course. I have a Oculus Rift on my PC and to run 1080p at 90fps you need a high-end PC, you will struggle to get the same power in a console. 
    Almost 8k!! (4K+4K) I cant copy the link

• edited June 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

So I still have 4.

I did consider one of those but I read reviews saying if using extendable storage it can lead to some of the ports not working which could of course stop your game mid-session.

You never had any problems?

None as yet. 4 months on maybe.
  • Really dont want to change from xbox but that one looks a shocker. My xbox one sits perfectly in my tv stand right now. I wouldnt know where to put that monstrosity. 

• edited July 2020
    Stewart said:

Comes in black aswell
    Whilst it doesn't necessarily come in black (this was a dev mock up - look at the reflections)

It seems it will have swappable cover plates. Personally if I can get a Matte red or matte black cover plate set and controller cover set, I'd be extremely happy with the options. I also love how different it looks so even if they plates aren't swappable and are just easy access - I like the design.