Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• What a horrible web site . 
  • Birmingham confirmed no points deduction 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53011517
  • Fucking ridiculous. 

They agreed to the EFL's stipulations that they should sell players in the January 2019 transfer window. Decided they couldn't get a good price for them & so didnt do. BREACH. Sold them in the summer window thus getting more money (which I expect helped them buy more/better players and/or help pay higher wages)

THATS WHY YOU  WERE SUPPOSED TO SELL THEM IN JANUARY. ITS CALLED A PUNISHMENT.

Talk about flouting the rules.
  • No doubt they are useless but are they corrupt?

We know money talks in football, just saying.

I believe they should be investigated.
    I honestly do believe they are corrupt. 
  • edited June 2020
    I have no issue with Birmingham getting no points deducted.  They didn't bend over and have their pants pulled down in Jan and instead retained their assets to sell for vastly more in the summer.  That seems sensible, prudent management that the EFL should encourage.  If this was Charlton, not Birmingham then we as fans would be lauding that.
  • edited June 2020
    To be honest I've got no issue with Birmingham getting no punishments etc. I think what bugs me the most is why the EFL appealead the decision in the first place

Its like that annoying kid at school that has to prove he's always right about everything

By winning this particular appeal all the EFL are doing is going: "Ner Ner Ner Ner, we won commision, up yours, we're the bigger group"

Its pathetic and a complete waste of time when there are bigger issues to deal with
  • Sponsored links:

• Fucking ridiculous. 

They agreed to the EFL's stipulations that they should sell players in the January 2019 transfer window. Decided they couldn't get a good price for them & so didnt do. BREACH. Sold them in the summer window thus getting more money (which I expect helped them buy more/better players and/or help pay higher wages)

THATS WHY YOU  WERE SUPPOSED TO SELL THEM IN JANUARY. ITS CALLED A PUNISHMENT.

Talk about flouting the rules.
    Maybe the fault in this was with the punishment itself. 
  • bobmunro said:
    At the risk of repeating myself, the EFL along with the FA Premier League are not governing bodies - they are member organisation who act as mandated by their members (the 72). Those members will protect their interests and the perceived big hitters among that membership (that includes Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Birmingham, but does not include Macclesfield) shout the loudest. The Football Association is the governing body - and I agree that they, like the member organisations, are not fit for purpose.
    I also agree, there needs to be a public enquiry into the whole running of the national game.
    well, seeing as the EFL are a "member" organisation I'd say the the dissatisfied members should do something about it. Probably more than the 3 that are currently up "in the dock". 

Refuse to play against those 3 teams.
    Go on strike.
    Call for a ballot to the other 68 teams & see what the majority want to do about it.

As you say.....its a member organisation.  

• Money talking again .. Wednesday, Brum and Derby are all owned by very rich men, and are 'bigger' clubs than lil ol Barnsley .. 
  • Barnsley are owned by Chien Lee, whose business is worth about $9 billion, but Barnsley are absolutely committed to living sustainably. To an almost ridiculous degree. I wonder how different some of these outcomes would be if he really started throwing his weight around.
    Well we could find out seeing that Barnsley have threatened legal action if nothing gets done about Derby / Sheffield Wednesday

I'm quite impressed by them actually - As things stand they're not the side to benefit from any points deduction (as dont see either side being docked enough points to lift Barnsley out of the relegation zone)

Of course I imagine they've still got the focus of making up the required points to get out of trouble yet part of me still doesnt see it happening for either them or Luton, just too much of a gap at the moment
  • Re Barnsley:

At the very least, any court action should publicly expose any EFL action/inaction that is not in strict accordance with their own regulations.

It could also minutely expose financial activities of Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County in particular.

I'd find it very interesting to see what a court ruling would find.

• Sponsored links:

• kafka said:
    So they're basing the rumours on Bowyer saying he received a nice reception from Birmingham fans at the Valley this season and the fact that he thinks ESI are a mess

Other than that Bowyer hasnt made a single comment that suggests anything to do with the vacancy!! 
  • When do we find out what punishment we get?
  • kafka said:
    So they're basing the rumours on Bowyer saying he received a nice reception from Birmingham fans at the Valley this season and the fact that he thinks ESI are a mess

Other than that Bowyer hasnt made a single comment that suggests anything to do with the vacancy!! 
    My thoughts exactly.

Click bait. 
  • When do we find out what punishment we get?
    For what ?
  • I'm not a subscriber to the telegraph so cannot read the full article. Any hint of points deductions?
  • I'm not a subscriber to the telegraph so cannot read the full article. Any hint of points deductions?
    Hearing started. Could take 15 minutes, but probably a week.

I think that after a fair hearing they should be found guilty and deducted 20 points. 🙂
  • The massive fans seem to be a bit concerned about their legal representation

This is what it says

Sheffield Wednesday's legal fight with the English Football League will start on Tuesday, in a potentially significant development for the Championship season.

Wednesday's battle with the EFL over charges of breaching Profitability & Sustainability rules is being heard by an independent disciplinary commission this week, after the dispute was brought forward following complaints from a number of rival clubs.

The Championship club were initially expected to appear in front of the three-man panel in July but it is understood proceedings will now begin on Tuesday, with the complexity of the case ensuring it is likely to last for the rest of the week.

Wednesday have been locked in a dispute with the EFL since last November after they were charged with financial misconduct - which they strenuously deny.

Potential punishment, if found guilty, ranges from a points deduction to a transfer embargo or fine, and will be decided by the independent commission.

The decision on when to impose any punishment - if applicable - can also be made by the commission, but sources suggest it is expected to be announced before the end of this season. 

It has been alleged privately by a number of rival clubs that Wednesday could be facing a hefty points deduction if they are found guilty. 

Barnsley have already written to the EFL to reveal they will consider legal action if they are relegated and the charges have not been concluded.

The EFL declined to comment on Monday evening.

Wednesday were charged over alleged breaches regarding the £60 million sale of Hillsborough to chairman Dejphon Chansiri, enabling them to post a pre-tax profit of £2.5m.

The charges relate to "how and when" it was sold, and its subsequent inclusion in the 2017-2018 accounts when it was sold a year later.

Wednesday deny the charge and also issued a counter-claim against the EFL for allegedly "acting unlawfully".

The club are currently 15th in the Championship table, eight points adrift of both the play-off positions and relegation zone. Wednesday drew 1-1 with Nottingham Forest in the season restart on Saturday, and travel to Bristol City this weekend.

Derby County are still waiting to discover the date of their hearing, after they were charged in January with exceeding "excess losses", which is understood to relate to the £80m sale of Pride Park to a company owned by Mel Morris, the club's chairman.

Morris has always maintained that the sale of fixed assets was previously allowed in the rules and Derby will "strongly contest" the charge.

Last season, Birmingham City were docked nine points after being found guilty of breaking the Profitability & Sustainability rules, previously known as Financial Fair Play.