Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardboard Cut-out Fans

Brighton are offering their fans the chance to send in a selfie - wearing BHA kit - and they'll make a cardboard cut-out of the torso and put it on a seat in the empty stadium (apparently idea started in Australia).  £20.00 a go.  I'd be in if we did it!

Comments

• great if your game is televised as it adds something to the experience. Petty pointless if no one except the players see them. Bah humbug
  • Better than plastic fans!
  • Sponsored links:

• SE7toSG3 said:
    We seem to have a cardboard cut out board room at the moment
    What a silly comment.

We don't have anyone in the boardroom. 
  • Really disappointed this isnt Crystal Palace

I could happily laugh at them coming up with the idea, as its Brighton its a bit cheesy but smart way to get a bit more revenue
  • great if your game is televised as it adds something to the experience. Petty pointless if no one except the players see them. Bah humbug
    What does it add to "the experience" exactly? Genuinely interested to know as I can see zero point in having cardboard cutouts or sticking selfies on them.
  • Along with crowd noise played on the speakers, cardboard cut outs can be very effective.  Monchengladbach did it. Fooled my senses completely, and the players seemed more 'at it'  too.

The crowd noise should match up to play on the pitch, e.g. noisier during attacks and at corners and goals. Good work for the comms team too.
  • Waste of time, money and a bit shit for the environment.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    great if your game is televised as it adds something to the experience. Petty pointless if no one except the players see them. Bah humbug
    What does it add to "the experience" exactly? Genuinely interested to know as I can see zero point in having cardboard cutouts or sticking selfies on them.
    Just think visually it will be better than a sea of empty seats. Personally wouldn't spend a penny on it.
  • The odious brat behind me will still be kicking my seat and its skinwasting human failure of a parent will get the arsehole all over again when I upbraid the pair of them for their rank inconsideration.
    Seriously tho folks, my image doesn't get used in public for under £100 a day so for £20 they can do the other thing.
  • I will have one, on the condition I can take it to my seat myself at 2:55 or 7:40pm before each home game. Sit with it and then take it away at the end of the game

I don’t like to get there early and never leave before the end my cardboard cut out should mirror this.
  • Will these cutouts be getting up a few times during the game to have a piss?
  • Will the police box next to the Jimmy Seed still be filming the crowd to root out anti social troublemakers?
  • They’ve been doing it in the NRL.
    Some brilliant ones that clearly the Aussies don’t realise were for laughs.
    Dominic Cummings turned up on one.
    Now people are sending photos of their dogs.
    I find it very funny & it takes my mind off the commentators who are god awful.
    How brilliant would it be to play in front of a wall of dogs?!?!?!?! This is probably the closest you'll ever get. I'm gonna start a petition for all dog cardboard cutouts required at matches. 
  • A virtual FKW? No thanks. 🤣
  • Knowing Charlton they will have 26000 cardboard cut outs of Matt Southall and 1 of Sue Parkes at the Buffett 
    26,000 Seb Lewis cut outs would be good
    Should be a Seb Lewis stand!
  • How very sad