Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

********CL June 2020 Chess.com Tournament**********

I will create another Charlton Life chess tournament on Chess.com to start next Sunday. 

If you want to enter please let me know your Chess.com user name here.

Same format as before but if we get more than 12 entries the format will be groups consisting of minimum 6 players with top 3 and ties progressing to a final group.

I will promote it a bit longer this time with the occasional bump until next Sunday.

Comments

• Go on then. I will try to play more slowly and carefully this time...
  • edited June 2020
    Thank you red.

seth plum
    previous bronze medalist
    :smile:
  • Count me in please - IdleHans on there too.
  • And another. Thanks for organising 
  • Can everyone post their Chess.com usernames on this thread please. I don’t want to have to cross reference the previous thread in order to identify the Chess.com usernames when it comes to sending out the invitations.
  • Yes please. Jints69
  • It is actually
    SethPlum
  • spencerpollard75
  • Can I have a go please, UncleFruit
  • I've just joined chess.com for the first time and played about 12 games and won about half of them! well pleased with that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone used this particular app?

It's just the one I use.

On a side note, if anyone would like a 1 on 1 game and your not in this tournament, send me a dm and it can be arranged.

I like chess. Might be a good warm up for us both. My time is rather limited. Would just be easier to arrange.

Cheers 🙂
  • ******Reminder******

Post your Chess.com username on this thread if you want to be invited to join the next Charlton Life Chess Tournament due to start this Sunday.
  • I hope Talal and Charante are able to join in.
  • Talal1905. Intend on playing a lot slower this time though, was on my phone too much last time. 
  • I'll have a go this time please. User name is Ianmh29 . I presume you will post the rules up again for those of us who didn't play last time 
  • I have sent invites on Chess.com. Let me know if you have registered and cannot see your invite.
  • Apologies, only just seen this. I guess I’m too late? My bad as the kids say.
  • No, you’re not too late. Entries open until Sunday. Invite sent.
  • edited June 2020
    I have sent invites on Chess.com. Let me know if you have registered and cannot see your invite.

Cant see anything on mine, @Red_in_SE8

Edit
    Oops, ignore me, nothing on phone pp, but it's on the desktop version, thanks
  • I can see a pending invitation to IdleHans. Have you entered a previous tournament that may not have completed yet? Non premium players are only allowed to play one tournament at a time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see any invite either @Red_in_SE8 ??
  • supaclive said:
    Can't see any invite either @Red_in_SE8 ??
    I can see pending invite to Spencerpollard75. Have you checked on desktop or iPad.
  • edited June 2020
    Still time to enter this tournament. Post your Chess.com username here.

Still some pending invitations that have not been accepted yet.

@superclive are you still not able to see your invitation?
  • No.  Will download to laptop
    My app isn't showing it!
  • redman said:
    I'll have a go this time please. User name is Ianmh29 . I presume you will post the rules up again for those of us who didn't play last time 
    Minimum 1 move per day per match. No vacation time. Play each opponent twice. If 10 players in tournament you play 9 simultaneous matches and a total of 18 matches.
  • IN! SORTED. :)
  • Tournament has started.
  • Underway.  Good luck all!
  • Good game IdleHans, had me in trouble a few times