Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ALL GAMES ON IFollow(or clubs equivalent)

edited June 2020 in General Charlton
Its now been confirmed

All games will be available on Ifollow or clubs equivalent 

Free for Season Ticket Holders
£10 a game for non Season ticket Holders

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/sky-bet-championship-returns-to-sky-sports/

Comments

• It won't feel the same not being there, but this is probably the best solution that doesn't unnecessarily increase risk, so I appreciate them doing so.
  • I’ve got three season tickets but we’ll only be watching one feed in the house  . Does that mean I can give my son’s season ticket numbers to someone who doesn’t have season tickets ? 
    Not sure but if it does work I will pay you for one if you offer a discount to Ifollow haha
  • I’ve got three season tickets but we’ll only be watching one feed in the house  . Does that mean I can give my son’s season ticket numbers to someone who doesn’t have season tickets ? 
    Yes, that can happen 
  • Wonder if it'll still be £5 for those abroad... If so you'll only need to switch on your VPN to pay for the game
  • Reading the fact that the Play-Off Final will be at the start of August, it makes me wonder how long any of the promoted teams will have to prepare for life in the Premier League

Wont be surprised if all three get relegated next term
  • Glad they are showing it, but theres not a chance im paying £10 to watch it at home. 
  • Can't complain about that, as a season ticket holder
  • and some might be on Sky generally - is that how to read it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2020
    What a joke, £10 a game! :( hardly going to get people to watch it is it

Looks like i'll stick to Prem/other leagues unless Sky sports show some via the red button. 
  • Kick off times below 

Weekends

-  Friday – 6pm and 8pm

-  Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm

-  Sunday – 12pm

Midweek

-  Tuesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm

-  Wednesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm

• What a joke, £10 a game! :( hardly going to get people to watch it is it

Looks like i'll stick to Prem/other leagues unless Sky sports show some via the red button. 
    Only £10 for non season ticket holders. 

My interpretation is that a season ticket holder of a Championship club can watch every Championship game for free (not just their club) plus all the play off matches for all EFL divisions. That's quite a decent sized group of people
  • edited June 2020

My interpretation is that a season ticket holder of a Championship club can watch every Championship game for free (not just their club) plus all the play off matches for all EFL divisions. That's quite a decent sized group of people
    Yeah I've just read the statement again, really does sound as though ST Holders will get the away games for free too

Only thing I dont like is the fact that the season will end midweek on the 21st / 22nd July

Surely the final round of games should be played at the same time...

- We play Leeds on the Tuesday, we win and think we're safe
     - Hull play whoever on the Wednesday, THEY win, because they know exactly whats required to survive so put in the extra effort

Playing all games at the same time is fairer, Hull may know we're winning but only have 10-mins to find that winning goal themselves, not a further 90mins
  • So do we wait for an email for thhe club or something regarding this 

Yeah I've just read the statement again, really does sound as though ST Holders will get the away games for free too

Only thing I dont like is the fact that the season will end midweek on the 21st / 22nd July

Surely the final round of games should be played at the same time...

- We play Leeds on the Tuesday, we win and think we're safe
     - Hull play whoever on the Wednesday, THEY win, because they know exactly whats required to survive so put in the extra effort

Playing all games at the same time is fairer, Hull may know we're winning but only have 10-mins to find that winning goal themselves, not a further 90mins
    Yes, that's surprising. You could have a team playing on Wednesday knowing a draw would be enough for the playoffs rather than a win, which is a real benefit
  • Would be decent if we get away games included too.
  • I don’t believe they’re allowed to have the final game of the season on separate time and days. It’s as you say to stop any potential advantage a club may have, and to stop any potential match fixing scenarios.

I think the way it has been written doesn’t make it clear.

However, I believe that what they’re saying is the final game of the season will be played on the midweek of 21 and 22 July, but it’s yet to be decided whether it be on the Tuesday or the Wednesday. The date will be decided likely when they know if the Play-Off Final is to be on Sunday 2nd August, or Monday 3rd.

Overall, the change to the fixture layout has changed drastically for us. We will now play every remaining home game on a weekend, and every remaining away game, except Hull, during the week.

It means that where we would’ve played QPR in a midweek, we will play them on the weekend of 27th June, and we will play Cardiff away in midweek thereafter. Millwall at home will be the following weekend, July 4th or 5th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    I don’t believe they’re allowed to have the final game of the season on separate time and days. It’s as you say to stop any potential advantage a club may have, and to stop any potential match fixing scenarios.

I think the way it has been written doesn’t make it clear.

However, I believe that what they’re saying is the final game of the season will be played on the midweek of 21 and 22 July, but it’s yet to be decided whether it be on the Tuesday or the Wednesday. The date will be decided likely when they know if the Play-Off Final is to be on Sunday 2nd August, or Monday 3rd.

Overall, the change to the fixture layout has changed drastically for us. We will now play every remaining home game on a weekend, and every remaining away game, except Hull, during the week.

It means that where we would’ve played QPR in a midweek, we will play them on the weekend of 27th June, and we will play Cardiff away in midweek thereafter. Millwall at home will be the following weekend, July 4th or 5th.
    To be honest that kinda suits me... Of course it all hinges on the Hull game but if we can win that one and three others at home (c'mon we're not going to beat Millwall) then that SHOULD put us in good stead

Even before the season got halted I was of the opinion that anything achieved away from home is a bonus
  • So do we wait for an email for thhe club or something regarding this 
    I wouldn’t hold your breath.
  • Now there is no crowd and they are putting extra Championship games on Sky

I wonder if they will put Charlton v Millwall on Sky Sports 
  • I would be prepared to pay more than £10 to watch Charlton, albeit I would rather be there  I can’t so it will have to be TV. 

Given I was going to be spending well over £300+going  to Hull, Birmingham, Brentford, Cardiff  and Leeds it’s a good deal to spend £50 for the five away games. 

I couldn’t care less about the Primadonnaship I doubt I will watch more than a couple of the overhyped games. 

I'd pay £10 for someone to tie me up and blindfold me so I don't have to watch Charlton.
  • I can't fucking wait
  • Statement reads as if season ticket holders get access in lieu of a refund. I go with my missus, she isn’t going to watch a seperate stream. Legally I must be due a refund for one of my tickets if I want it, even if the statement doesn’t suggest it’s due....
  • What if you don't have access to the Internet, I do obviously but some won't. 
  • Well that is some clarity, and I appreciate that exact times\dates will need clarification. But  I hate to think if a team  have  several players contracting the virus?...... what happens then, they concede the game/points?. Replay at a later date?. Players like we have do not want to play in July because there is an increase to the 'R' rate,? ..... or is that just hard luck......
     I have sky sports anyway, (currently on pause, but noticed  the June bill it has resumed subscription ) and what happens if you have several  season ticket holders in a family? Will the club be prepared to offer a refund or credit if you do not have access to the internet, or just  do not want to accept this  proposal\solution.
    I guess it is what it is..... hopefully the club\EFL will announce  more details this coming week

Unfortunately I am not a season ticket holder hence the moan. £5 ,would be fair imo. I will have several games I can watch instead and it's not like I'm buzzing to watch us play.. I might change my mind but still would rather on TV much better viewing than on a laptop
  • edited June 2020

Unfortunately I am not a season ticket holder hence the moan. £5 ,would be fair imo. I will have several games I can watch instead and it's not like I'm buzzing to watch us play.. I might change my mind but still would rather on TV much better viewing than on a laptop
    Have you got anything like Chromecast etc.? - Should be quite easy to stream on to your TV rather than on the Laptop

Games in a normal season are available for viewers abroad for £5

If thats still the case get a free VPN, set your location to the United States etc. pay for the game and then switch off the VPN when it comes to watching the game so your bandwith isnt limited (as that'll cause bufering)