Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Corona distancing based disagreements

My boys football club for a start. They have been back training for two weeks. We haven't. 
Saw a few pictures and the social distancing was minimal as far as I could see. I'm taking him back tomorrow and they are supposed to be split into two groups but have my doubts. Can see a bit of a split amongst parents regarding it.

Another one is my mum. Going round there later as it's my eldests birthday. Plan was to sit in the garden, but typically the Carribbean climes disappear the moment you plan to do something!
Just spoken to her and she said come into the house and she'll sit in the kitchen. Absolutely not I said. We'll go round and sit on the drive in the car. Can tell she's not happy as she's desperate to see the kids, but it's now created a bit of tension.
Can see these scenarios being played out up and down the country as we enter the can we/ can't we phase.

Comments

• My boys football club for a start. They have been back training for two weeks. We haven't. 
    Saw a few pictures and the social distancing was minimal as far as I could see. I'm taking him back tomorrow and they are supposed to be split into two groups but have my doubts. Can see a bit of a split amongst parents regarding it.

Another one is my mum. Going round there later as it's my eldests birthday. Plan was to sit in the garden, but typically the Carribbean climes disappear the moment you plan to do something!
    Just spoken to her and she said come into the house and she'll sit in the kitchen. Absolutely not I said. We'll go round and sit on the drive in the car. Can tell she's not happy as she's desperate to see the kids, but it's now created a bit of tension.
    Can see these scenarios being played out up and down the country as we enter the can we/ can't we phase.
    That's totally wrong as the FA only gave the go ahead (with strict rules and risk assessments being in place) for grassroots football last Monday.

The club should be ashamed.
  • The first week was a kind of unofficial meet over the park the day after the 6 people meet up was announced. Basically the manager saying I'm taking my boy over the park if anyone wants to see us over there.
    We'll see what the set up is like tomorrow.
  • That’s taking ‘win at all costs’ to a whole new level. 
  • I don’t really see much difference in sitting in garden and sitting away from each other within the house. Wear a mask if makes you feel better. 
  • I've had two disagreements with cyclists riding on the pavement during Lockdown. Recently had some guy, mid twenties, brush past me from behind whilst talking into his mobile. Shouted out in annoyance and he stopped and asked what the matter was. Told him he was a selfish wanker for ignoring social distancing. "Don't call me a wanker" he retorted. "OK then you're just a fucking selfish idiot" I replied. He rode off. Tosser.
  • 3/4 junior teams training on foxes field this morning. Followed by thier travelling supporters
    Looks like those junior teams have similar sized squads to Charlton!
  • I've had two disagreements with cyclists riding on the pavement during Lockdown. Recently had some guy, mid twenties, brush past me from behind whilst talking into his mobile. Shouted out in annoyance and he stopped and asked what the matter was. Told him he was a selfish wanker for ignoring social distancing. "Don't call me a wanker" he retorted. "OK then you're just a fucking selfish idiot" I replied. He rode off. Tosser.
    That’s bikey’s for ya !! 
  • Boys training was actually organised pretty well in the end. Kept in small groups. He'd put plenty of markers and cones out for distancing measures.
  • MrOneLung said:
    I don’t really see much difference in sitting in garden and sitting away from each other within the house. Wear a mask if makes you feel better. 
    The difference is that one of those two things is specifically prohibited right now, in order to prevent the further spread of a deadly, incurable disease. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 3/4 junior teams training on foxes field this morning. Followed by thier travelling supporters
    By the looks of it the council have only put one rubbish bin on the field.......with the travellers stopping over for a while they’ll be going to need more than that!!
  • I think you might have to be careful talking about social distancing & football. Might get this thread closed down........or moved to the HoC. 
  • As someone who goes to football , cricket and tennis , I think there are more cunts/arseholes per fan at football than the other two , just my experience mind you .
  • As someone who goes to football , cricket and tennis , I think there are more cunts/arseholes per fan at football than the other two , just my experience mind you .
    For that to be true there would need to be more women than men at games 
  • Nope, just one woman would be sufficient to increase the ratio from 1:1, so you just need to have more women at football than cricket or tennis.
    Tennis wins hands down.
  • MrOneLung said:
    I don’t really see much difference in sitting in garden and sitting away from each other within the house. Wear a mask if makes you feel better. 
    Alternatively just join a protest with thousands of others and you'll be able to see whoever you want at close quarters, so long as they also attend. Problem solved.
  • MrOneLung said:
     One big difference. Ventilation.
  • Can’t see how those protests are allowed and not going to football even if you limit stand capacity. 
  • Can’t see how those protests are allowed and not going to football even if you limit stand capacity. 
    Those protests aren't allowed but the Police have been put in an impossible position.