Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

80th Birthday today and alone

Comments

• dont be suprised if he suddenly gets a load in a weeks time.

was my wifes birthday last week and 10 days before ordered a card from me and another from our boys (all on one order).
    The boys' card arrived two days later and today my card arrived. Twice !!
  • Awww that’s a lovely update from your Dad ❤️
  • That's a good choice of favourite players. Have really enjoyed listen to the Steve Sutherland podcast interviewing Keith Peacock with all his stories.

I managed to get out today and a belated card is on its way to Dad (Alan).
  • Happy belated Birthday Alan from a fellow 12th of May birthday haver
  • Happy birthday Alan. 
  • Happy belated birthday Alan
  • Sponsored links:

• Loved reading through this thread. Happy belated birthday to Alan!
  • Been asleep through today - NHS nights.

Dad said he received another 25 cards today. Fantastic effort, including one from Fanny 😃 A very happy and greatfuli Alan in sunny Sheffield today. That said, he said he felt a bit of a fraud as he said he's not totally alone as people have delivered him food. Silly bugger. 

Any other questions Charlton or meaning of life related for him are most welcome. 
    How good was Derek Ufton?

He won an England cap but, as a centre half, probably wouldn't have passed the 'Charlton Life Height Test.'
  • Happy birthday Alan. Ms Latimer lives in Mosborough south Sheffield and she shares the same birthday as you and Florence Nightingale. Which is also another coincidence as 12th May is international Nurses day and Ms Lat is a community matron. Hope you had a lovely day 
  • Happy birthday Alan OBE (over bloody eighty!)

Many happy returns
  • ads said:
    Been asleep through today - NHS nights.

Dad said he received another 25 cards today. Fantastic effort, including one from Fanny 😃 A very happy and greatfuli Alan in sunny Sheffield today. That said, he said he felt a bit of a fraud as he said he's not totally alone as people have delivered him food. Silly bugger. 

Any other questions Charlton or meaning of life related for him are most welcome. 
    Don't do that, don't you remember the 'question for BDL thread'? People will be asking if a shark would win a fight with a crocodile
    Depends if it's an inflatable one or not, reckon I could take him then!

• Should be some more cards arriving today/tomorrow. 
  • 6 more cards arrived today including robinofottershaw. Thanks again Fanny and all of our friends. Dad is very humbled. Some lovely things have been written. 

• Been asleep through today - NHS nights.

I just want to know whether he managed to give himself eighty bumps on his birthday.
  • Chizz said:
    Been asleep through today - NHS nights.

I just want to know whether he managed to give himself eighty bumps on his birthday.
    He will so if he drinks all of the booze that people sent him. 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• 6 more cards arrived today including robinofottershaw. Thanks again Fanny and all of our friends. Dad is very humbled. Some lovely things have been written. 

Ah brilliant.
  • HBTY HBTY HBDA HBTY !!!!!! ( Belated but heartflet)
  • edited May 2020
    Hope our one arrives soon or Alan will be 81 years old!
  • edited May 2020
    Happy Birthday Alan. 

Here is some useless information for you to enjoy:

May 12, 1940 was a Sunday

You are 29,214 days old

You've slept for 27 years!

• Great to see, Alan, and hopefully will keep you smiling. Welcome to the world of Charltonlife!
  • Rather embarrassed but greatfuli for the generous spirit. A picture taken at the INSISTENCE of my son. 

Many thanks
    Alan & The Prince-e-Paul

Welcome to the madhouse Alan!
  • That’s great to see
  • Rather embarrassed but greatfuli for the generous spirit. A picture taken at the INSISTENCE of my son. 

Many thanks
    Alan & The Prince-e-Paul

Crikey Alan, you sure you’re 80?
    I see the Smith Family card made the front row.
    I hope Paul Edwards didn’t mind me using his photo? He does take a cracking picture 😳🤣🤣