Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup Final Classics BBC1 2.15-3.45PM TODAY

1989 Liverpool v Arsenal Title decider highlights  ITV 5-6pm
MOTD Top 10 FA Cup Finals BBC1 10-20-11pm

Sunday BBC1 10.30-12.30pm
FA Cup's 50 Greatest Moments

Comments

• Thanks for thé info. Would've missed that.
  • edited May 2020
    I can remember the 1970's cup finals, but I don't remember Wigan winning in 2013.
  • Watching Palace Vs Man Utd. David Madden on bench, was one of the most talented all-round midfielders I've seen for us.  Bows excepted. Pass, tackle, dribble he had it all. Retired I think at 28. Sad.
  • 1989 Liverpool v Arsenal Title decider highlights  ITV 5-6pm

Just watched that - very enjoyable. Still brings a tingle down the spine even now. I remember not really being that bothered who won at the time, but I jumped off my sofa when the second went in.

Given what was at stake and who was playing I just don't think you can ever have a more dramatic finish to a normal season than that.
  • Watching Palace Vs Man Utd. David Madden on bench, was one of the most talented all-round midfielders I've seen for us.  Bows excepted. Pass, tackle, dribble he had it all. Retired I think at 28. Sad.
    Coppell (manager) said he wanted to take the cup back to Croydon!
  • Off_it said:
    1989 Liverpool v Arsenal Title decider highlights  ITV 5-6pm

Just watched that - very enjoyable. Still brings a tingle down the spine even now. I remember not really being that bothered who won at the time, but I jumped off my sofa when the second went in.

Given what was at stake and who was playing I just don't think you can ever have a more dramatic finish to a normal season than that.
    Ditto. 31 years on and I still felt nervous watching that and elated with the winner, even though I don't like Arsenal and wasn't bothered who won.
  • I still find it remarkable that this was so soon after Hillsborough (about 6 weeks) and the focus was on the title (and the double) with little reference. I don't know if they were different times (it doesn't seem so long ago) but I can't see that the world would return to relative " normality" so quickly nowadays?
  • I still find it remarkable that this was so soon after Hillsborough (about 6 weeks) and the focus was on the title (and the double) with little reference. I don't know if they were different times (it doesn't seem so long ago) but I can't see that the world would return to relative " normality" so quickly nowadays?
    Yes. I feel quite sure that if covid19 had hit back then, we wouldn't be pussyfooting around so much.
    Yes. I feel quite sure that if covid19 had hit back then, we wouldn't be pussyfooting around so much.
    And do you think more or less people would have died?
  • Off_it said:
    I still find it remarkable that this was so soon after Hillsborough (about 6 weeks) and the focus was on the title (and the double) with little reference. I don't know if they were different times (it doesn't seem so long ago) but I can't see that the world would return to relative " normality" so quickly nowadays?
    More. 

But they'd be fewer going out of business, getting overweight, getting depressed, and generally leading less fulfilling lives.
  • Sponsored links:

• There would certainly be - they'd be dead. How much more of an unfulfilling life can you get than that - dying.
  • I give up. 

• Off_it said:
    I still find it remarkable that this was so soon after Hillsborough (about 6 weeks) and the focus was on the title (and the double) with little reference. I don't know if they were different times (it doesn't seem so long ago) but I can't see that the world would return to relative " normality" so quickly nowadays?
    Less.

More NHS resources, Thatcher in charge, less obese people & less old people around as they would have been dead already.

The one big problem with the NHS system today is that we keep wanting to keep people alive. If it carries on the way it has been then in another 30 years time people will be living to 120 & having heart transplants at 100.

The human species is not designed to live forever. 
  • I can remember the 1970's cup finals, but I don't remember Wigan winning in 2013.
    I can but can't remember who wonit this year !!
    no-one?