Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Sadly quite true, he was probably the one we expected the most from and has delivered the least.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    He hasn't been good enough but I do have some sympathy with him that our formation just doesn't suit him. Powder puff up front and he's no wing back despite having a few decent games there. 
  • Options
    One of half a dozen, or so, players either brought in to do or ending up doing a job they weren't suited to.   Have some sympathy with him but he has been the most disappointing one of a sorry bunch. 
  • Options
    He has been very disappointing, but in no way does he deserve any more or less stick than the rest of the squad, only a few would be exempt from any negative comments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excels in training apparently. Seems a v nice guy. 
  • Options
    The formation we play is just about the worst one possible for him. Shame really 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The formation we play is just about the worst one possible for him. Shame really 
    He should have been able to play up front in this league, even in a 352, and rip it apart.  Maybe with a more creative/passing midfield, he would have done so.  I appreciate he wanted to play wide in a 433, but we didn't have a striker mobile enough to play that system either.
  • Options
    This is a kid who made his PL debut at 16, played for England at every age group from U16-U20, and incredibly in 2017 was nominated for the European Golden Boy award (it was won by Mbappe that year), yet now he can barely get a game for an average league one team.

Still only 22 though so has time on his side but he needs to do more wherever he ends up next, otherwise he'll be playing in league 2 in a couple of years.
  • Options
    Unplayable in training apparently. 
  • Options
    This is a kid who made his PL debut at 16, played for England at every age group from U16-U20, and incredibly in 2017 was nominated for the European Golden Boy award (it was won by Mbappe that year), yet now he can barely get a game for an average league one team.

Still only 22 though so has time on his side but he needs to do more wherever he ends up next, otherwise he'll be playing in league 2 in a couple of years.
    I think it could be much sooner than that. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I’m not convinced, I think in league one Leko should be a right handful and scoring goals as one of the two up top.  Maybe he didn’t get to play with Stockley enough I’m not sure on the stats, but he’s been poor, gutted for him.
  • Options
    Cheltenham away was one of the worst cameos I've ever sene anyone have in a Charlton short. Just looked like a player completely devoid of confidence 
  • Options
    Destined for Bolton, Portsmouth or Oxford I reckon, he’ll get one more side step and if he doesn’t liven up he’ll slide down the leagues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Destined for Bolton, Portsmouth or Oxford I reckon, he’ll get one more side step and if he doesn’t liven up he’ll slide down the leagues.
    Big year for him next year, needs a Karlan Grant coming of age loan or like you say he'll just slip into lower league oblivion.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The best form of his career was with us and we used him as a striker in a 4-4-2 diamond, he wasn’t always playing out wide that season. Our formation isn’t that different to a diamond, you only need to push a CB into midfield and move wing backs to full back.
  • Options
    Unplayable in training apparently. 
    Well naturally, he's playing Charlton  ;)