Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Pratley confirms a member of the Charlton coaching staff had coronavirus

Pratley believes "there's no point in playing" if tackling is not permitted and cannot see players sticking to the rules because of their competitive natures.

"I'm worried because one of our coaches had the virus and he said it's the worst thing that's ever happened to him and he wouldn't wish it upon anyone," he said.

"No one knows what effect the virus is going to have on you afterwards. Football isn't going to last forever. I want to be able to be able to live a normal life and run around with my daughter in the garden.

"It's going to have a massive impact. I want to get back, but it has to be safe for everyone. That's the main thing. If you can't do the tests, then I can't see it [football] getting back personally."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52673930

Comments

• edited May 2020
    It was Basey

JJ mentioned it in a song
  • The nearly all white suits in charge of footy decide its ok for all the black lads to run around and catch covid...hmmm....
  • The nearly all white suits in charge of footy decide its ok for all the black lads to run around and catch covid...hmmm....
    So the white footballers won’t be allowed to play?
  • It was Basey

Well Grant is/was possibly obese, certainly overweight and that does appear to be a negative factor for Covid.
  • It was Basey

Well Grant is/was possibly obese, certainly overweight and that does appear to be a negative factor for Covid.
    I wondered why you caught it mate:)
  • It was Basey

Its not going to affect your chances of catching it, just increases the severity of the illness.

• It was Basey

Makes sense as he's the erm least in shape of the coaches.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2020
    LenGlover said:
    It was Basey

Shouldn't joke about it really but, remembering Grant as a player, did he catch COVID or did COVID catch him?
    Caught him post injury... Dominic flippin Blizzard.
  • It was Basey

Obese?
    I think he may have been carrying a bit of timber but I think obese is a bit ott 😳
  • It was Basey

I wondered why you caught it mate:)
    Left yourself wide to that one, Steve 😁
    Give it a fucking rest!
  • edited May 2020
    A bit of timber? 

He had the whole timber yard not long ago!
    Edit - can't add pics from mobile so here: https://images.app.goo.gl/EbbQevka3MS749yX6

• A lot of people have had Covid 19 and for many, like my brother, it has been really nasty. But I don't think Basey had to go to to hospital, and thankfully nor did my brother. Not sure it is that much of a news story.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    A bit of timber? 

Edit - can't add pics from mobile so here: https://images.app.goo.gl/EbbQevka3MS749yX6

If you think that’s obese? 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
  • edited May 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    A bit of timber? 

I know what obese is biologically classified as! 

He's not chronic or morbid but he's between overweight and obese categories I reckon.

Here's another.

https://images.app.goo.gl/iwKRuQxJvFjfuCTV8

Obesity is based on BMI, height vs weight so many people are recorded as obese, maybe it feels unfair and it's why BMI is crap.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    A bit of timber? 

I know what obese is biologically classified as! 

He's not chronic or morbid but he's beyond overweight and into the obese category.
    🤣🤣
  • In other news... Yassin Moutouakil is now a PT and natural bodybuilder! 

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    In other news... Yassin Moutouakil is now a PT and natural bodybuilder! 

Any news on Peter Garland?
  • edited May 2020
    clive said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Any news on Peter Garland?
    Nope this post was intended to show how they treated their bodies as their football careers broke down as they were in our playing squad for the same spell 2007-2010
  • Another thing to consider is that if a professional sportsperson (of any description), catches Covid-19 and has serious enough symptoms where they are hospitalised, then there’s a strong possibility that they will never recover sufficiently enough to continue to perform to standard, given that their lungs may well be permanently damaged to some degree or another.
  • Dazzler21 said:

You can safely say that Yassin didn't eat all the pies
  • edited May 2020
    This is true. But do we know of any who have caught the virus, any sport, any country, where this has happened? I think the greater fear is passing it on to vulnerable members of their families. I think the only solution if you want to do sport is a closed quarantine system and high testing capacity of course.