Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Footballers Decide how the season should be ended!!

Why don't the football authorities do the right and proper thing and ASK THE PLAYERS how they want to see the season finish as IT'S THERE LIVES ON THE LINE after all. Not the EFL or even the chairman of each club. My own view is that it should be closed now and start again when it's 100% safe to do so even if its not until 2021/22

Comments

• Troy Deeney has already been saying if it is not safe for fans how is it safe for players and that he will be looking after his family first 
  • Why not ask those players and fans who want to go? If there are 11 players from each team then they can get on with it. Fans who want to go can go.
  • Why not ask those players and fans who want to go? If there are 11 players from each team then they can get on with it. Fans who want to go can go.
    Are you five years old?
  • edited May 2020
    No, I have Swedish genealogy perhaps.

What if it's not 'safe to do so', as valley robin would like, until 2025?

What would be the limit for you?

Would you be prepared to social distance with no end ever in sight?

It's a question worth asking and not one my five year old would ask to fair.
  • Why don't the football authorities do the right and proper thing and ASK THE PLAYERS how they want to see the season finish as IT'S THERE LIVES ON THE LINE after all. Not the EFL or even the chairman of each club. My own view is that it should be closed now and start again when it's 100% safe to do so even if its not until 2021/22
    There is a possibility that the players may not, between them, come up with a unanimous decision. 
  • No, I have Swedish genealogy perhaps.

I didn't mean to sound rude. I just dont think it would be fair for individuals to make that decision. 

I haven't given my mum a hug in six weeks and I miss that the most. She is in her 70s and has previously had cancer. If by not hugging her for the next five years means I get to hug her in 2025 then that is what I choose.

I would be prepared to social distance indefinitely. Life, without doubt is the most precious thing.

I think it’s an east question to answer. If it’s not safe to play until 2025, then we don’t play until 2025. 
  • Why don't the football authorities do the right and proper thing and ASK THE PLAYERS how they want to see the season finish as IT'S THERE LIVES ON THE LINE after all. Not the EFL or even the chairman of each club. My own view is that it should be closed now and start again when it's 100% safe to do so even if its not until 2021/22
    The players could always strike over it. They are employees & members of a union. Get the PFA to organise a proper ballot & go from there. Players have rights.....use them. 

I think it’s an east question to answer. If it’s not safe to play until 2025, then we don’t play until 2025. 
    But safety isn't a yes/no question, there's no magic tick to say whether it's safe or not to play football. I'm about to go out for a walk which will slightly increase my chance of catching Coronavirus. But will also improve my mental health AND help stop me turning into a complete fat bastard with the increased risk of a heart attack, stroke and diabetes.

Lots of things we do in life have a slight risk, and it's a individual judgement call whether that risk is worth it. If Lewis Hamilton wanted to be 100% safe for example, he would never race an F1 car. Boxers take part in a sport where is a risk of permanent brain damage. 

Jeeeez! Life carries a risk of death.

Get over it.