Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Club’s current wage bill

Whats it likely to be?

What is the extent of furloughing? Are players and coaching staff included? Are they being topped up to full salary?

The next payday will be our next hurdle in what is increasingly looking like a slip into administration. 

How much would ESI need to find / borrow to meet it?

Comments

• At a guess, somewhere in the region of 750K per month I would guess.
  • I believe the players have taken a 25% pay deferral,not sure about coaching staff.
  • I understand from a message sent to me yesterday from someone who knows a regular first team player. They are expecting to be paid. 
  • A "deferral" needs being paid at some point. Just seem to be storing up problems for later, which I assume will be soon as any players out of contract come July would surely want their "back pay" upon leaving. 
  • Damn important questions, wish I knew the answers.
    Thought I read somewhere the players had been furloughed but not sure.

Meanwhile the club drifts towards the rocks of administration with robbers waiting on the beach.
  • Damn important questions, wish I knew the answers.
    Thought I read somewhere the players had been furloughed but not sure.

Meanwhile the club drifts towards the rocks of administration with robbers waiting on the beach.
    The players have not been furloughed because if they had they couldn't even be spoken to regarding training regimes etc. They have however taken a wage deferral of 25%, which obviously means it has to be paid later and you'd assume those out of contract in June would want paying then. Not sure how wage deferrals work with regard loan players. Some other staff have however been furloughed. Not sure what the monthly wage bill is exactly.
  • Lyle Taylor's guess (on the interview posted elsewhere) is 500k every two weeks. 
  • edited May 2020
    I thought i heard Lyle's estimate was £500k per month, (£250k every 2 weeks he said)

11th minute-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmGVUm496w
  • From Marian:

"Tahnoon Nimer has said he will inject funds into the club to keep it going when the club needs it. What he has said is that he won’t inject additional funding to that which is necessary at this stage for the three reasons previously mentioned - uncertainties around the EFL investigation, the ex-directors potential unpicking of the takeover and the continued presence of Mr Southall.

As directors we need to be prepared for every situation. We have analysed the possible implications of such a scenario. A lack of new funds this month would leave the club unable to pay wages and our creditors. We have alternative options for funds if required but as mentioned previously, we are hopeful these alternative measures will not be required. To be clear though, there is no risk to wages or to creditors."

---

What would these alternative measures be? High interest third party loans?

• Sponsored links:

• From Marian:

"Tahnoon Nimer has said he will inject funds into the club to keep it going when the club needs it. What he has said is that he won’t inject additional funding to that which is necessary at this stage for the three reasons previously mentioned - uncertainties around the EFL investigation, the ex-directors potential unpicking of the takeover and the continued presence of Mr Southall.

As directors we need to be prepared for every situation. We have analysed the possible implications of such a scenario. A lack of new funds this month would leave the club unable to pay wages and our creditors. We have alternative options for funds if required but as mentioned previously, we are hopeful these alternative measures will not be required. To be clear though, there is no risk to wages or to creditors."

---

Would have to be super high interest if you were going to lend money to Charlton at moment, wonga.com type stuff! 
  • From Marian:

---

Maybe there are some sell on clauses they could cash in on - like Gomez?
  • I just assumed it was deferring pension contributions, non payment of NI and Tax.
  • bobmunro said:

From Marian:

---

Fire sale of a bunch of Range Rovers, low mileage, one c@nt on an owner.

• From Marian:

---

If you were having to resort to high interest loans on a time where intetest rates are rock bottom then it proves that TN is either.... 

1) skint

2) stupid

3) has no other source of funding 

Or all 3.