Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Newbie hot tub question

Got a new portable hot tub (Foam not inflatable) but got a question about the filter cartridge that is not answered in the manual. 

The manual doesn’t say where the filter goes. It fits on both the the outlet where the hot water pumps into the spa and the outlet that sucks water out and into the pump. There are no pictures or instructions and don’t want to put on the wrong one!! 

Comments

• I would assume you want the filter covering the inlet into the pump, to stop it getting gunged up, but I don't have a hot tub so am not speaking from experience here.
  • I was expecting this to be the first question you would ask in a hot tub full of Charlton lifers...
  • I’ve got a Lay Z Spa the filter goes on the inlet to the pump if that’s any help. 
  • Common sense would suggest it would go onto the outlet into the pump so that the pump doesn't get clogged up.
  • In out in out you shake it all about.
  • In out in out you shake it all about.

Just because there's a thread on hot tubs, doesn't mean we want to hear about your swingers parties.
  • Common sense would suggest it would go onto the outlet into the pump so that the pump doesn't get clogged up.
    That’s what I thought too but was doubting myself 
  • edited May 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    Common sense would suggest it would go onto the outlet into the pump so that the pump doesn't get clogged up.
    That’s what I thought too but was doubting myself 
    Yep, to stop debris hitting the pump and doing damage.
  • Just need a time machine to complete the set.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Got a new portable hot tub (Foam not inflatable) but got a question about the filter cartridge that is not answered in the manual. 

The manual doesn’t say where the filter goes. It fits on both the the outlet where the hot water pumps into the spa and the outlet that sucks water out and into the pump. There are no pictures or instructions and don’t want to put on the wrong one!! 

Fella, we was investigating the lay-z-spa series a couple of months ago before we decided to go for a full size 6 pump fixed one.

There are loads of videos on you tube for the various maintenance stages of the lay-z-spas.  I remember there being a video of the filter system in particular.

• Sponsored links:

• OK, you guys in the know ( esp Large ...) 

If I was looking for a Hot Tub for a family of 2 adults, 2 children, with a budget of, say £2.5k, what would you recommend, please ? 

I have NO idea of the pros & cons of various types available, or indeed, costs.

Thanks.
  • Perhaps surprising no one, our last Charlton Life user survey in 2016 reported that 86% of British lifers have a hot tub. Up from 79% the year before.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Perhaps surprising no one, our last Charlton Life user survey in 2016 reported that 86% of British lifers have a hot tub. Up from 79% the year before.

I must have missed that one - had ours for 2 years!!
  • We need photo's. Just to check you've set it up right.

Often thought about getting one, just not sure it'd get that much use. Might get one of the cheap one's to see if it does.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    We need photo's. Just to check you've set it up right.

Often thought about getting one, just not sure it'd get that much use. Might get one of the cheap one's to see if it does.

I rarely use it but my missus does all the time. It was cheaper than a swimming pool!
    It is housed in a summer house with tri-fold doors at the front facing west so the sun pours in most of the day, and it gets used all year round. She's happy so I'm happy!