Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Strange Associations

Prompted by the peanut butter thread. Whenever I eat peanut butter, and that's pretty often, I am taken back in time to being a kid watching Desert Crusader on the telly. I'm not sure if this happened just once or was a regular occurrence, but to me the two are inextricably linked. Funny thing is, I can't remember anything about the programme.

Anyone else got any strange associations like that?  

Comments

• I went on @Addickted s stag do.

That was pretty strange.
  • Buttersnap and vomiting 
  • edited April 2020
    I think the Automobile Association is pretty strange.

When I hear a couple of particular songs on the radio, I am immediately transported back to the A level text I was studying when they first came out.
  • Just seeing Sesame Snaps in the supermarket, takes me back to the disappointment of opening my pack lunch during primary school and pulling them out whilst everyone else tucked into an actually pleasant snack. 
  • I went on @Addickted s stag do.

That was pretty strange.
    I thought causing a comedian not to come back out on stage because we were funnier than him wasn't particularly strange.
  • Ginger biscuits and Doctor Who. Similar to @bexleyaddick above we used to visit my grandad every Saturday and there was always a strong smell of ginger biscuits in his lounge. 
    I recall, probably in the mid to late Sixties, hiding behind the settee to watch Doctor Who. 
  • Ham, Egg & Chips and wrestling, as a nipper i used to go to my Nan and Grandads every Saturday and we'd have it for tea while ITV wrestling was on World of Sport, every time I have it now I still have visions of a monochrome Mick McManus....
    Old English Spangles and wrestling... same visit as bexleyaddick.
  • Buttersnap and vomiting 
    Twiglets and vomiting
  • Cheese on toast and bullseye. I think I must have been eating it once whilst watching it and it’s stuck in my mind. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Winkles and the teleprinter on Grandstand. 
  • Winkles and the teleprinter on Grandstand. 
    That is some niche sexual deviancy right there!
  • Spaghetti Bolognese and the 2001 League Cup Final between Liverpool and Birmingham.
  • Rubik's Cube and athletes foot
  • Dettol disinfectant and vomiting. 
  • Madeleine cake and better times
  • Pot noodle and crusty socks
  • Fig rolls and camp coffee made with milk and my grandparents. As a 8/9 year old in ripen road off Herbert rd in the prefabs. 
    My missus bought a bottle of coffee last year it was horrible, but maybe it’s because I no longer take sugar it tasted so sweet. 
  • edited April 2020
    Used to live in Kentish Road Belvedere,from 1971-1976 & I’m pretty sure I remember listening to the Air Raid warning siren’s being tested,every so often.My grandad told me where they were situated,but can’t recall that part...but his fav sweets were midget gems & I used to love them too...still do now whenever, I am able to find them...
  • Sponsored links:

• The football association 
  • Cartilage operation and Mott The Hoople’s All The Young Dudes
  • My disappointing A level results and Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime by The Korgis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk6YMy3JUnY
  • White Range Rovers-ill gotten gains
    Audi-arsehole