Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite Peanut Butter?

Is your favourite in the list here? - https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/food-reviews/g689041/crunchy-peanut-butter/

I raise this question because in my opinion the M&S Simply Peanut Butter is the best I have ever tried. However, yesterday in M&S they seemed to have repackaged their product but obviously I bought it anyway. On trying at home however it seems like an entirely different product and nowhere near as good as their normal offering, in fact I'd go as far as to say it's disgusting. I am hoping it is a different product and my favourite will be back on the shelves soon otherwise I will be looking for an alternative.

Which peanut butter would you recommend? 

Comments

• Ah, the business end of the forum amid the covid and ownership shenanigans.

Meridian smooth.   
  • No strong preference, as long as it's regular crunchy

Meridian smooth.   

really? I've tried Meridian and really didn't like it. How many of the others on the list have you tried out of interest?
  • bobmunro said:
    Love peanuts but detest peanut butter - the work of the Devil.

In 100% agreement. Vile stuff.
  • Couldn’t live without peanut butter on toast. Integral part of my breakfast.

Just pick up what’s on the shelf in the supermarket so no real favourite. 

I’m guessing it’s easy to make at home so might try. Lockdown has it’s used.
  • One of my lockdown targets was to try peanut butter.

Not ticked it off yet

• Sun Pat probably. Either crunchy or smooth, I'm not too bothered. I love peanut butter so almost anything will do. I say almost, there's a half finished jar in our cupboard labeled "The Foodie Market", I've no idea where it came from, but it's horrible, just like a load of broken nuts swimming in oil.  Just use that in cooking now; to give stews and things a nice satay flavour.

• Stig said:
    Sun Pat probably. Either crunchy or smooth, I'm not too bothered. I love peanut butter so almost anything will do. I say almost, there's a half finished jar in our cupboard labeled "The Foodie Market", I've no idea where it came from, but it's horrible, just like a load of broken nuts swimming in oil.  Just use that in cooking now; to give stews and things a nice satay flavour.

number 3 on the list, from Aldi, scored 81/100.
  • Homemade

60% peanuts
    40% cashews

Extra olive oil and a pinch of salt.

• Sponsored links:

• Stig said:
    Sun Pat probably. Either crunchy or smooth, I'm not too bothered. I love peanut butter so almost anything will do. I say almost, there's a half finished jar in our cupboard labeled "The Foodie Market", I've no idea where it came from, but it's horrible, just like a load of broken nuts swimming in oil.  Just use that in cooking now; to give stews and things a nice satay flavour.

number 3 on the list, from Aldi, scored 81/100.
    Wow, I dread to think what number 4 is like then.

Not ticked it off yet

Don't do it, AFKA - on this, ignorance is bliss.

Not ticked it off yet

Have a try of this. I thought it would be gross, but was pleasantly surprised.

Not ticked it off yet

Have a try of this. I thought it would be gross, but was pleasantly surprised.

not a Marmite fan, now if it were Vegimite that would be different ….

Meridian smooth.   

really? I've tried Meridian and really didn't like it. How many of the others on the list have you tried out of interest?

Sun pat and whole earth i think.

Detested the stuff as a kid but love it now.  A healthy food if you get the right one and in the right volume too.

Not ticked it off yet

It will be your next Guinness experience. 
  • Do love a bit of Sun Pat. Peanut butter has seemingly been the apocalypse food of choice recently though so haven't been able to get much. Currently got a jar of Skippy in the cupboard which is an American brand. I'll report back once I open it
  • Whole earth crunchy peanut butter is above everything else in the peanut butter world. 
  • Love peanut butter but it has to be the crunchy variety. Smooth is a bit too clingy. Usually have Tesco's own but bought the Whole Earth one the other day and it is quite nice. 
  • Do love a bit of Sun Pat. Peanut butter has seemingly been the apocalypse food of choice recently though so haven't been able to get much. Currently got a jar of Skippy in the cupboard which is an American brand. I'll report back once I open it
    now you would have assumed that would have been Australian ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Whole Earth - Crunchy Organic (No 12 on the list).

Lovely stuff!
  • Now available widely in UK

Sweet peanut heaven - like sitting in a continental cafe with a coffee.

• Bought the missus some of that Lotus spread, she informed me that she felt her teeth were dissolving from the sweetness. As for peanut butter it has to be smooth and I usually just get Morrison’s own. I get the  Whole Earth brand when it’s on offer and occasionally get myself a jar of the Meridian smooth almond butter.
  • It has always been SunPat Smooth for me. Introduced my wife to it (she had never tried any peanut butter before the age of 30) and she would view any change as hugely controversial.
  • Love Peanut Butter...too much tho...!!!,don’t really do/go for the smooth,got to be crunchy,my particular fav is Skippy’s,I get a biggun from Costcutters when ever I can...as it goes,could anyone tell me where I can get that marmite one from,I seem to look & cant find it anywhere...☹️
  • Lotus spread isn't peanut butter?

There is no substitute for this stuff though

Dreamy in porridge 
  • Can't stand it, but the kids like Sun Pat smooth. Also, doesn't have palm oil in it
    I have Skippy extra crunchy and I really like it. Quite creamy and easy to spread! 

I don't like the Pip & Nuts brand as I find it far too oily. 
    Skippy is the best imo.
    They also do a honey roasted version which is outstanding too.
  • which supermarket sells Skippy? Sounds like I need to give it a try.