Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Have been eyeing one up for bloody ages but never got around to buying one.  Will keep an eye on this thread with interest :)
  • You might find this interesting, and @cafcpolo might be able to give you more information: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3642140/#Comment_3642140
  • edited September 2019
    If you like the idea of having a gadget, perhaps as a little conversation piece, that's fine.  But from a drinking point of view or from an economic point of view I cannot see any justification for home pumps.
  • I do indeed have one and absolutely love it!

It does seem a little expensive when compared to buying cans from a supermarket but it tastes so so much better. So in my opinion well worth it. No gas pumped in like they do at pubs so can look flat, but it’s not.

I use BeerHawk for my kegs, buy four at a time for £90, return the kegs and you get £5 in credit for each one returned (no cost to you). Full circle works out at about £1.65 a pint.

Easy to install the keg set up and almost zero cleaning required, about two mins between each keg to rinse the handle out. Only draw back is the kegs do take a good 12hrs to chill if left at room temperature. I’ll post a couple of pics in a few.
  • Outside gives you temp of it, they recommend three degrees. A gauge of how much left and how many recommended days (30) left to drink it.

Refilled mine today with a Lowenbrau Oktoberfest which is absolutely beautiful. 
  • My wife bought me one for Christmas 2 years ago and I can say without a doubt it is the best present I have ever received!
    I have the same one as above and at the moment is filled with the same beer.
    We live in SE France and can get the beer here in a local shop!
    Very happy!
  • My wife got me one of these for my birthday a couple of weeks back. Absolutely amazing. Although no beer is going to last 30 days. My 1st keg lasted 12 days 😁 
  • Do they self refrigerate the kegs? 
  • Yes they have a cold plate that the keg sits on that chills the keg down to 3 degrees
  • Sponsored links:

• BIL has one. Currently has a keg of Becks Gold on the go. Rather nice. Going down well. 
  • You'll be very limited with your beer selection.

Get one of these http://www.lindr.cz/products/kontakt-70k
  • My wife got me one of these for my birthday a couple of weeks back. Absolutely amazing. Although no beer is going to last 30 days. My 1st keg lasted 12 days 😁 
    How many pints in a keg?
  • Numbers said:
    My wife got me one of these for my birthday a couple of weeks back. Absolutely amazing. Although no beer is going to last 30 days. My 1st keg lasted 12 days 😁 
    How many pints in a keg?
  • Had one for 3 years - brilliant 

Then went wrong - didn’t chill - sent it back to Phillips and they repaired for free 👍

Highly recommended
  • @Justin20474

I am not stalking you - honest
  • Got one too. Nothing but good things to say about them. Also they will often have short date kegs on sale for £20 which works out at good value, and they often have at least a month left on them. 
  • Oh also, as a quick note... 

If you can wait until November, they generally do amazing deals as part of "Black Friday" and they really are good deals....

Also, if you go through Quidco (something I recommend everyone looks at for all spending, not just this) you can get an extra few % back, which in my experience has really added up!

https://www.quidco.com/beer-hawk/
  • cafcpolo said:

Love the Oktoberfest, Jupiler has to be one of the nicest pints I have ever had, but I love the Goose Island IPAs, and the Leffe Royale ones.

My partner is from Newport, and we went on a tour of the Tiny Rebel factory, so when they released Clwb Tropicana IPA as a barrel from such a small brewery, I had to get 4!
  • This thread has got me interested in one. Apart from beerhawk, any other suggestions on where to buy the kegs?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    This thread has got me interested in one. Apart from beerhawk, any other suggestions on where to buy the kegs?
    I think Beer Hawk are basically the authorised UK distributor, so from the best of my knowledge, no. 
  • Does anyone have any experience of the sub using the torps?
  • Huskaris said:
    This thread has got me interested in one. Apart from beerhawk, any other suggestions on where to buy the kegs?
    I think Beer Hawk are basically the authorised UK distributor, so from the best of my knowledge, no. 
    I buy from company in Dartford 
  • Still seems pricey to me. 
  • I’m considering getting the BeerHawk pump, and views here are helpful. It seems to be the market leader. Apart from maybe a limited choice of beers, there seems to be few drawbacks.

I presume that if you keep spare kegs in a cold place you don’t have to wait twelve hours to replace the empty one?

Does anyone want to send me the referral link to get the £5 ‘reward’?
  • edited April 2020
    SX_Addick said:
    I’m considering getting the BeerHawk pump, and views here are helpful. It seems to be the market leader. Apart from maybe a limited choice of beers, there seems to be few drawbacks.

I presume that if you keep spare kegs in a cold place you don’t have to wait twelve hours to replace the empty one?

Correct on the 12hours if kept cold, if I have something going on, I stick a spare in the fridge a day before, usually only needs an hour after that. Here's my referral link. 

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/#__sNWQ4ZGRiZTQ2NWE1MDdmZmE1ODU4YmZjYjNkYzk0NzkzMTBlMGVmOA|r
  • SX_Addick said:
    I’m considering getting the BeerHawk pump, and views here are helpful. It seems to be the market leader. Apart from maybe a limited choice of beers, there seems to be few drawbacks.

I keep mine on the balcony outside of summer, and then put them in the fridge/freezer when I know I will need them.

As cafcpolo said, if you have them in the fridge for a while if you have mates round, generally they will be ready to go. I have had more complaints about the beer being too cold than too warm at 3 degrees!