Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Kingsley, Kinsey and Kiely for me and not just for the alliteration.

1980 to present day a tough choice this year.

Arthur "The Black Prince" Whalley v Sailor Brown v Scotty Kingsley a strong group but Kingsley is one of my Charlton heroes.

How are you going to vote?
  • The Hall of Fame vote will be a welcome diversion in this troubled time. Don't just vote on the ones you saw play but make the effort to read about the players from earlier eras. They must be remembered as much as those from recent times. The names of the three winners will be added to the Honours Board in the Museum.
  • Ouch some tough choices

Kingsley v Sailor Brown is difficult yet you cant ignore the former when he was instrumental in reforming the club after WW1

The last group is a tough one too... Had to pick Kiely over Parker as he was such a crucial Goalkeeper for us
  • It doesn't get any easier year on year.

I need to think about this some more if only because I don't want to agree with Henry unless I absolutely have to  ;)
  • edited April 2020
    As our best player in some of our best ever seasons, Parker definitely deserves to go in one day despite how he left. But Deano should go in first.
  • Done. 
    Brown 
    Reeves 
    Kiely 
  • I envisage a well thought out, friendly and never been done before debate regarding the legacy of one particular nomination! 
  • Not an easy one

Kingsley
    Flash
    Deano
  • Sponsored links:

• Kingsley .. eenny meeny miney mo
    Flanagan .. goal scorers win games and lethal partnership with Hales 
    Kiely .. best keeper I have seen for us, though Nicky Johns runs him a close 2nd
  • Brown
    Flash
    Deano
  • Sailor Brown
    Flash
    Deano 
  • Voted. 

Sailor Brown
    Flash 
    Deano
  • Lot of people voting

Brown
    Flanagan
    Kiely

It seems
  • Brown
    Flanagan 
    Johnny H
  • Kingsley

Flash

Humphrey-for-England, not related to Rufus-for-England
  • Brown, Flanagan and Johnny H for me, the latter was really under-valued and I loved that mid-80s side. You could count the mistakes that he made in a season on one hand and he had a great partnership going with Robert Lee that helped get the best out of him.

Putting Scott Parker on that list has to be a joke, right? A great player but given the way he left the club hell might have to freeze over before I'd vote for him.
  • Lot of people voting

Brown
    Flanagan
    Kiely

It seems
    I'll probably vote that way too. Can't look past Flash who if it wasn't for Killer would be far more of a club legend, and Deano was the best keeper I've seen play for the club

The first section is a struggle, but it's about time Airman Brown was rewarded!
  • Brown

Flash

Parker

I know Parker wont be popular, but he was a great player for us

• Sponsored links:

• Brown

Flash

Parker

I know Parker wont be popular, but he was a great player for us

Indeed he was .

But I cannot vote for a  cnut 
  • Humphrey, Kiely, Parker.

Currently stopping me from voting - how do you chose one hero over another?
  • Addickted said:
    Humphrey, Kiely, Parker.

Currently stopping me from voting - how do you chose one hero over another?
    Proves it's a valid poll if all three are worthy winners
  • I envisage a well thought out, friendly and never been done before debate regarding the legacy of one particular nomination! 
    Well I did call it. So, in the interest of fair play, the flip side is:

Parker left us aged 23 for £10m having played 150 games for us but is a Judas to some. Joe Gomez fled at the age of 18 for £3.5m having barely put our first team shirt on but is a hero. Loads of kids are released each year and no one gives a sxxt that their dreams have been shattered but one like Jermaine Defoe chooses to leave and he's a cXXX too. 

Parker MIGHT have done his ACL, if he'd stayed, in the very next game following that January window. And he MIGHT never have been the same player again and we MIGHT not have got a penny for him as a consequence. Equally, he MIGHT just have lost his form.

Parker has said "all I can say is that at Charlton when I signed my five-year contract I was promised that if a top-three club came in for me they would sell me. That was the issue. I was promised by the club, by the chairman."  What Parker has said is conveniently ignored by his haters. And yet Murray has time and again demonstrated that what he says very often doesn't actually happen. And Curbishley might not have been party to that conversation or agreement hence his anger.

For what Parker did for us and not what he MIGHT have done he gets my vote. I can't hold a grudge for over 16 years over something that MIGHT have been. It's hard enough living in the present let alone the past for most right now.

So, there we have it. The same old too and fro whenever Scott Parkers name is mentioned. Til the next time..........
  • edited April 2020
    I envisage a well thought out, friendly and never been done before debate regarding the legacy of one particular nomination! 

Parker left us aged 23 for £10m having played 150 games for us but is a Judas to some. Joe Gomez fled at the age of 18 for £3.5m having barely put our first team shirt on but is a hero. Loads of kids are released each year and no one gives a sxxt that their dreams have been shattered but one like Jermaine Defoe chooses to leave and he's a cXXX too. 

Parker MIGHT have done his ACL, if he'd stayed, in the very next game following that January window. And he MIGHT never have been the same player again and we MIGHT not have got a penny for him as a consequence. Equally, he MIGHT just have lost his form.

Parker has said "all I can say is that at Charlton when I signed my five-year contract I was promised that if a top-three club came in for me they would sell me. That was the issue. I was promised by the club, by the chairman."  What Parker has said is conveniently ignored by his haters. And yet Murray has time and again demonstrated that what he says very often doesn't actually happen. And Curbishley might not have been party to that conversation or agreement hence his anger.

For what Parker did for us and not what he MIGHT have done he gets my vote. I can't hold a grudge for over 16 years over something that MIGHT have been. It's hard enough living in the present let alone the past for most right now.

So, there we have it. The same old too and fro whenever Scott Parkers name is mentioned. Til the next time..........
    Only thing I disagree with in your post is the comment about a top three club - Didnt Curbishley say in his book that he talked with Parker on the final day of the previous season as they walked off the pitch at Old Trafford saying that if he kept putting in those performances then a top three club (he named them: Arsenal | Liverpool | Man Utd) would be interested in him - At the time when Chelsea came in for him, they were certainly not a top three side

Otherwise your right, he played 150-games for us and put in some damned good performances, we may have finished higher than seventh the season he left (we may have not) but he was a big reason we got that position

In a way Parker v Gomez leaving is a similar story to Lookman v Grant leaving...

No one seems to have issue with Ademola when he left the club yet at one point we almost went from mid-table to a relegation battle thanks to that transfer
  • Brown

Reeves

Parker

• Kinsley
    Flash
    Deano

Only thing I disagree with in your post is the comment about a top three club - Didnt Curbishley say in his book that he talked with Parker on the final day of the previous season as they walked off the pitch at Old Trafford saying that if he kept putting in those performances then a top three club (he named them: Arsenal | Liverpool | Man Utd) would be interested in him - At the time when Chelsea came in for him, they were certainly not a top three side

Otherwise your right, he played 150-games for us and put in some damned good performances, we may have finished higher than seventh the season he left (we may have not) but he was a big reason we got that position

In a way Parker v Gomez leaving is a similar story to Lookman v Grant leaving...

No one seems to have issue with Ademola when he left the club yet at one point we almost went from mid-table to a relegation battle thanks to that transfer
    Chelsea finished 2nd that season and were 19 points clear of Liverpool in 4th - Chelsea did not make up 19 points on Liverpool from the time that Chelsea signed Parker so they must have been a top three side at the time he signed.

Equally, we had agreed to sell Parker to Chelsea the previous summer but Abromovich ditched the deal because they went for Makelele instead and having signed Smertin and Veron plus they already had Lampard and Desailly who could do a holding job for them too.

• If you lot get Parker into the Charlton Hall of Fame I'll haunt you for the rest of your days.
  • " Sailor " Brown. ( My dad's favourite )

Flanagan

Scotty Parker ( look forward to the haunting GM )

Deano deserves to be in for sure.