Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

urgent appeal for PPE equipment - Greenwich Council/ Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Greenwich Council leader Danny Thorpe has just tweeted to appeal for PPE equipment - I'll cut and paste...

Despite assurances that the necessary supplies would arrive, they haven’t. And we know we could free up at least 1 bed tonight at trust that could be used for another unwell patient if we had this equipment. We need the following urgently: 1) FFP3 face masks - you may have this type if you are a builder, work in construction, a nail bar or use spray paint. 2) Disposable plastic gloves 3) Aprons & 4) Eye Protection (disposable gloves/visors)

Any schools who have eye protection that are typically used in science lessons, please get in touch. This messsage needs sharing by everyone and if you have any supplies, please DM me as soon as possible so we can discuss delivery/collection. Thanks for all of your support in advance.

If you can help and you've not got Twitter, drop me a message here with a phone number they can contact you on and I'll pass it over. Ta!

Comments

• Greenwich Council leader Danny Thorpe has just tweeted to appeal for PPE equipment - I'll cut and paste...

Despite assurances that the necessary supplies would arrive, they haven’t. And we know we could free up at least 1 bed tonight at trust that could be used for another unwell patient if we had this equipment. We need the following urgently: 1) FFP3 face masks - you may have this type if you are a builder, work in construction, a nail bar or use spray paint. 2) Disposable plastic gloves 3) Aprons & 4) Eye Protection (disposable gloves/visors)

Any schools who have eye protection that are typically used in science lessons, please get in touch. This messsage needs sharing by everyone and if you have any supplies, please DM me as soon as possible so we can discuss delivery/collection. Thanks for all of your support in advance.

If you can help and you've not got Twitter, drop me a message here with a phone number they can contact you on and I'll pass it over. Ta!
     Fucking Shameful!

Hancock you gutless prick.
  • Am I reading it incorrect, it’s not for the QE, is it? but for other council work being undertaken around the borough
  • No it’s 100% about QE.

• Rothko said:
    No it’s 100% about QE.

So "PPE equipment for our social care staff who are working in homes across the borough" isn't correct?
  • Addickted said:
    Rothko said:
    No it’s 100% about QE.

So "PPE equipment for our social care staff who are working in homes across the borough" isn't correct?
    Maybe, but it’s just flu isn’t it 
  • Rothko said:
    Addickted said:
    Rothko said:
    No it’s 100% about QE.

Maybe, but I'll ignore that.

• edited March 2020
    Am I reading it incorrect, it’s not for the QE, is it? but for other council work being undertaken around the borough
    It is effectively for QE - when QE is stretched, Greenwich (and Bexley) social care staff work there to get patients out of hospital beds and back home, so they can free up beds. So the more council staff that can be tooled up to go in to where people have Covid-19, the better. And of course, if Greenwich is struggling to get hold of that equipment, that's going to be happening in a lot of other places too.

It's the sort of thing that you'd think would be integrated, but unfortunately isn't, and you only hear about it when it starts to unravel.

Thankfully they seem to be (at least partially) sorted now: 
  • Social media has been a massive force for good and weapon against this virus.