Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• RIP only recently dug up a few Asterix books for my kids
  • Really loved Asterix books as a kid. RIP to a proper legend to me.
  • Our dog Barney was called Asterix by his initial owners.

Used to read the books as a kid. RIP Albert.
  • Asterix theme park is good.

RIP
  • Rest in peace, used to love those books 

Asterix, Obelix, Getafix, Geriatrix 

And all the wild boars obelix ate 
  • RIP Albert.
    My late dad got me on Asterix as a young boy.
    More recently, the movie 'Mission Cleopatra' is a regular on our screen.
  • The best part of doing A-Level French was reading Asterix in the original language, yet the translators did a brilliant job as well. RIP Albert
  • I grew up on Asterix books.  I was always borrowing them from Welling library.  If they were out I'd get Tin Tin books instead.  

RIP Albert
  • Sponsored links:

• I grew up reading Asterix and Tin-Tin. I recall the excitement of getting a new Asterix book and those 48 pages were read all too quickly. R.I.P. and thank you for what you gave me from the heart.
  • edited March 2020
    Brilliant illustrator. Loved the plays on words (often cleverly translated too) and sweetly expressed national stereotypes - the English stopping the battle at 4PM for a spot of hot water and milk... Genius. RIP Albert. 
  • I remember going to Belvedere library as a snippet and always checking out the small kids section to see if there were any new Asterix books (I actually like Obelix more, Asterix was a bit of a straight guy to bounce the comedy off).
    RIP, and thanks for so many happy memories

• edited March 2020
    Obelix was the big kid we all loved. I was trying to think of my favourites and it is genuinely difficult. For me it is between Asterix in Britain, Asterix the Legionary, Asterix and the big fight, Asterix and Cleopatra, Asterix at the Olympic Games and Asterix and the Laurel Wreath. But the others were excellent too.