Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL charges against Meire dropped

Under the radar somewhat but it appears that the personal EFL misconduct charges brought against Sheff Weds owner Chansiri, CEO Katrien Meire and the financial director at the Club have been dropped although the financial misconduct charge against the club itself is still evidently outstanding.

Quite how that works is unclear to me. The issue appears to surround the sale of the Hillsborough ground to  a 'third party' in order to evade EFL financial rules relating to Financial Fair Play (FFP).
If the individuals at the club when the alleged evasion of FFP took place are not to be held accountable in the event of the charge being upheld then who is?

Is this simply a precursor to the charges being dropped completely? In which case - whenever football resumes - Sheff Weds will not face any points deduction.

I've not been following this closely enough but I think Derby County and poss Notts Forest are under similar investigation regarding the separation of the ground from the Clubs assets in order to avoid FFP accounting.

If clubs can get away with this is it  going to become commonplace and - by default rather than design -do we have the same situation now at Charlton with the Club and The Valley ground in separate ownerships? Then again at CAFC  was this arrangement the other way around and by design from the start. 

Confess to being confused by what is happening not just at Charlton but across the footballing landscape but perhaps this will all be academic anyway if things in the wider world continue as they are.

Comments

• Where has this come from?
  • just Googled EFL Investigation against Sheffield Weds and was led to local newspaper websites which appear to have updated the story within the last 13 hours. I took the info from the most recent posting.

But the source does appear to be the Club itself rather than the EFL. 

Will keep tabs in case the story develops in another way but like I say, I'm not really following it - was just in a curious idle moment now that as an over 70 I'm confined to barracks and was curious to find out what had happened to Meire.

• I saw it on Sky yesterday 
  • The Massives released this Friday night.

However, what they didn't say was that they failed to convince the EFL at arbitration and the charges against the Club will proceed to a hearing.
  • Not defending KM but she was in the firing line at the Valley,taking Rolands flack,and it looks to me if the  same has happened at Wednsday,think this young lady should stick to her legal work.
  • Not defending KM but she was in the firing line at the Valley,taking Rolands flack,and it looks to me if the  same has happened at Wednsday,think this young lady should stick to her legal work.
    Errrrm........that’s as maybe but there’s no denying her extraordinary ability in saying the wrong things at the wrong times was a huge factor in her unpopularity, that together with quite simply being a proven liar on several occasions.
    She also never did get to understand the offside laws.🤨
    Not to mention her insistence on doing everything (simply because she enjoyed it) when the wise option would have been to hire people in... e.g. early version of Steve Gallen
  • i really dont know why or how she got involved with football,clearly it is something that she was not very good at,but she was not a crook,and was simply out of her depth.She had no idea how supporters felt about their club and often said the wrong things,but I still think she was the patsy for RD and Sheff Wed.
  • I knew it!

She was a victim all along.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    This is great news, just as we are searching for an experienced CEO...
    Roland would reappoint her out of spite if he's forced to take the club back.
    Amazing how we can see things so differently. Roland was hands off it was unbelievable and he defended her without question at all times and blamed the misogynist and CARD for all her calamitous activity and provocation of supporters.
  • Wednesday still have charges to answer but the EFL dropping charges against those responsible. Doesn't make sense.
  • Right,thats that little discussion out of the way,what next to take our minds of the current appalling situation.
  • i really dont know why or how she got involved with football,clearly it is something that she was not very good at,but she was not a crook,and was simply out of her depth.She had no idea how supporters felt about their club and often said the wrong things,but I still think she was the patsy for RD and Sheff Wed.
    An antagonistic woman.

The sad thing is that she was pure comedy gold when she opened her trap........all at our expense.

• Right,thats that little discussion out of the way,what next to take our minds of the current appalling situation.
    I’ll go for Kelly Brook and a large tub of custard.
  • edited March 2020
    Right,thats that little discussion out of the way,what next to take our minds of the current appalling situation.
    I’ll go for Kelly Brook and a large tub of custard.
    Baldy you old boaster you.  No way you could fill a large tub with your custard, Kelly's baps out or not!
  • Sponsored links:

• Only on CL could we start off with Katrien Meire and the EFL and end up with Kelly Brook and a tub of custard.
    How did that happen?

Just for fun then - from Shooters Hill to Mike Kenning in two or three steps should be an easy one -
    and yes I'm here all day and for the next 12 weeks by the sound of it.............don't judge me!
  • KM would have pleaded ignorance anyway, and who could argue with that?
  • Only on CL could we start off with Katrien Meire and the EFL and end up with Kelly Brook and a tub of custard.
    How did that happen?

Just for fun then - from Shooters Hill to Mike Kenning in two or three steps should be an easy one -
    and yes I'm here all day and for the next 12 weeks by the sound of it.............don't judge me!
    In 1963 (approx) the woods at Shooter's Hill were invaded because it was thought a mystery animal (possibly a cheetah) was on the loose. If it wasn't a cheetah perhaps it was a wolf or even wolves the club Mile Kenning joined after us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/shooters-hill-cheetah/z44rscw
  • Not a million miles away @Len Glover but not Wolves (one of the clubs Mike Kenning went to after Charlton) but Shrewsbury Town the club we signed him from is the link to Shooters Hill. 

Not as exotic as wild animals on the loose but just west of the Water Tower on the crest of the hill is Shrewsbury Lane which at the time seemed like a good omen when spotted from the top deck of the bus from Welling on the way to see Kenning make his home debut - I think the 2-1 win over Preston in November 1962?

If I'm wrong I'm sure Half Glass Full will correct me and he probably even knows the bus number which went over Shooter's Hill in 1962 - was it the 89?
  • Not a million miles away @Len Glover but not Wolves (one of the clubs Mike Kenning went to after Charlton) but Shrewsbury Town the club we signed him from is the link to Shooters Hill. 

Not as exotic as wild animals on the loose but just west of the Water Tower on the crest of the hill is Shrewsbury Lane which at the time seemed like a good omen when spotted from the top deck of the bus from Welling on the way to see Kenning make his home debut - I think the 2-1 win over Preston in November 1962?

If I'm wrong I'm sure Half Glass Full will correct me and he probably even knows the bus number which went over Shooter's Hill in 1962 - was it the 89?
    It was indeed the 89 and yes you would have gone past The Bull Public House on the corner of Shooter's Hill and Shrewsbury Lane.

I didn't realise you had a connection in mind already so I tried to make one up.

Can I play?
    Shooters hill to Norfolk.
    Mike Kenning.
    My mum said I was born by the bus stop at Shooters Hill. (The memorial hospital actually)
    Mike Kenning was transferred to Norwich after leaving Charlton.
    So that's the connection, Norfolk where I live. See, clever init.  
  • Wednesday still have charges to answer but the EFL dropping charges against those responsible. Doesn't make sense.
    If you read Private Eye this kind of thing goes on all the time at a much higher and more serious level.