Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Takeaway / Delivery recommendations during COVID

edited March 2020 in Not Sports Related
Due to restaurants being closed, I intend to try out a number of the takeaway services that are on offer by various places. 

Started today with a delivery by Shampan Welling (also in Bromley). 

Poppadoms and a great selection of pickles, Naan, excellent choice of Indian starters and mains. Delivered in a number of recyclable boxes which kept the food warm until the end. 

Thoroughly recommended. 

Look forward to reading more recommendations ... if eating in restaurants is stopped for a long period, it will be good to know where quality food is still available. 

Comments

• Chinese from Bamboo in Bexley last night (collection). 

Seem to be very few decent Chinese locally but feel this one is worth driving a few miles for. Never had a bad meal there

Seem to be very few decent Chinese locally but feel this one is worth driving a few miles for. Never had a bad meal there
    A moderator should be setting a better example and not encourage people to drive miles for a take away
  • My first thought was to avoid takeaways but maybe I'm wrong. Can it be caught from someone coughing into food? 
  • Talal said:
    My first thought was to avoid takeaways but maybe I'm wrong. Can it be caught from someone coughing into food? 
    https://increasily.com/takeaways-coronavirus-guide-customers-operators/

• How much was a whole meal at home from Shampan as a takeaway?
  • My Dad is offering a delivery service of ale for the SE9 area. I'm sure he'll go a little bit further though.
    https://www.facebook.com/thelongpond/posts/3104614239581579?comment_id=3104838882892448&notif_id=1584884645185645&notif_t=feed_comment
    We miss him on here. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Talal said:
    My first thought was to avoid takeaways but maybe I'm wrong. Can it be caught from someone coughing into food? 
    https://increasily.com/takeaways-coronavirus-guide-customers-operators/

Thanks. I think for now I'd still feel more comfortable avoiding while we have enough food in. 
  • mendonca said:
    How much was a whole meal at home from Shampan as a takeaway?
    Depends what you order ... ours was £25 for two. 
  • My local Chinese takeaway Brother Garden have said they will be closing down soon to protect the staff.
  • Sponsored links:

Our local Chinese takeaway have had a note in the window saying they were on holiday in China due to return late March. 

Regardless of the rights and wrongs on this, while we used to use them every couple of weeks I think we may swerve that for a month or two. 

Hoping they reopen 
  • UberEats 50% (up to £20) until March 31st, just got email.
  • When is the rate my plate take away special thread going live? Never had a contactless take-away roast before but this was pretty good. £12.50.
  • When is the rate my plate take away special thread going live? Never had a contactless take-away roast before but this was pretty good. £12.50.
    Wish I’d taken a picture of mine now. 
  • stonemuse said:
    When is the rate my plate take away special thread going live? Never had a contactless take-away roast before but this was pretty good. £12.50.
    Wish I’d taken a picture of mine now. 
    Looks great
  • Funny old world.
    We've got people sounding desperate for cash and others paying £12.50 for a takeaway roast.
    (I'm not having a dig at anyone, just an observation).
  • Funny old world.
    We've got people sounding desperate for cash and others paying £12.50 for a takeaway roast.
    (I'm not having a dig at anyone, just an observation).
    Yep all small businesses I’m sure are desperate for cash at the moment so happy to support where possible 👍 
  • McDonalds closing all restaurants from 7pm tomorrow night 
      This is big. Their unique food chain is huge and pretty exclusive to them.
    Hope that food gets distributed elsewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

Good.
  • clb74 said:
    Chinese from Bamboo in Bexley last night (collection). 

A moderator should be setting a better example and not encourage people to drive miles for a take away
    Yeah, but he was driving that way anyway on his way home from the pub, so its all good.  ;)
    I really hope they do something useful and public spirited with their drive through facilities.  If they put together some standardised grocery boxes and sold them on a drive through basis it could take a lot of pressure off the supermarkets whilst allowing people to get some essentials with minimal human contact.
  • Stig said:
    McDonalds closing all restaurants from 7pm tomorrow night 
    I really hope they do something useful and public spirited with their drive through facilities.  If they put together some standardised grocery boxes and sold them on a drive through basis it could take a lot of pressure off the supermarkets whilst allowing people to get some essentials with minimal human contact.
    That’s a very good idea 
  • 'Drive Thru' toilet roll dispenser.

Cuts out the middleman

Agreed.  Stay out of Bexley, we don’t want your kind round here!  
  • Not a big takeaway eater and never had a meal delivered to my door, however in these times I would not trust anybody preparing a meal for me other than my wife or myself. I bet people are taking the meal off the driver and exchanging cash etc and then going straight in and eating it without washing hands etc.

Not suggesting people on here but I would wager up and down the country.

People are dying and the economy is on its knees at the minute, Takaways should have been shut down the same time the pubs and restaurants were. Plus the amount of food hoarding that has gone on why are people using takeaways, cook the fecking food you bought.
  • Stig said:
    McDonalds closing all restaurants from 7pm tomorrow night 
    Use them as drive thru testing centres possibly.