Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UpBeats Walk Saturday 25th April 2020

Comments

• In my diary. I've not been able to do it for the last two years, so I will be there.
  • What’s the betting that Matt Southall takes part in at least some of this? 
  • Gutted I can’t make this year.
  • I’m up for that again and my youngest son just said he’ll do it again too, so count us in 👍🏻
  • Need to check dates but if me and Roo are available that weekend definitely in. 
  • Will look forward to the walk this year.
  • Up for this and an honour to take part.
  • Daughter and I planning to sign up for this again, although I'll take a decision nearer the date as to whether I will do it. Hoping to encourage some others along too. Its always a great day.
  • What’s the betting that Matt Southall takes part in at least some of this? 
    On Twitter he's posted that he will be taking part.
  • I take it, that this won't be happening. Shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• presumably they will still need funding to be able to continue next year. Therefore hope it will be rearranged or there will be an appeal for us to chip in 
  • edited March 2020
    Why can the walk not still go ahead, as long as people are happy for it to and you remain a distance apart(just limit the numbers so its sustainable to keep people at the correct social distance)

People are going out shopping
    People are going out for exercise
    People are going our for runs

Yes there will be no game at the end of it, but I am sure that wont be a deterrent for most, unless of course we are in full lockdown by then
  • There is one thing I do feel confident about.  The Charlton family will pull together as always, and raise funds for the Downbeats, walk or no walk.
  • bobmunro said:
    Why can the walk not still go ahead, as long as people are happy for it to and you remain a distance apart(just limit the numbers so its sustainable to keep people at the correct social distance)

People are going out shopping
    People are going out for exercise
    People are going our for runs

Yes there will be no game at the end of it, but I am sure that wont be a deterrent for most, unless of course we are in full lockdown by then

The world will be a different place in five weeks time. Not only shouldn't this take place, I would hazard a guess that it will not be allowed to take place.

I've no idea how, but could we do a virtual fundraiser? Work out the distance and how many times it would take to walk around your garden for example - and we all do it at the same time as we would have been on the walk.

The funds still need to be raised - and they will be raised.
    Brilliant idea. Could film ourselves in addicks shirts etc
  • I suspect Bob's right. The speed at which things are changing making it highly unlikely this would be allowed by the end of April.
  • Sadly I see no chance of this happening. Would be good if it could at least be pushed back to August or September if the situation is any better by then rather than cancelling it.
  • The Upbeats programme is currently suspended during this period.

It is brilliantly funded, without even taking advantage of potential supportive grants. I’m sure once it restarts there will be a big driving fundraiser to accompany it which I 100% know will be well supported.