Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pet insurance

I'm being told that if you have been advised to isolate yourself at home and you leave the house to exercise your animals (in this case a dog) you are invalidating your pet insurance. No reason to doubt this, but this lady on a group I belong to who's dog slipped its lead this morning notified pet log (microchip) and was told to notify Insurance company and for some reason mentioned her dr had told her to stay home bar exercising the dog. She's been told her insurance maybe invalid because she didn't heed the advice, hopefully it turns up but apparently there is something in the small print. 

Comments

• That's bull shit.  Who told her to stay at home? We are not in a police state (yet)...
  • edited March 2020
    Pedro45 said:
    That's bull shit.  Who told her to stay at home? We are not in a police state (yet)...
    "Advised"
    If you drive against a Dr's advice and your insurance company find out, you may well find your car insurance is invalid.
    So there may well be something in this?
  • edited March 2020
    If they can wriggle out of it they will. That’s insurance companies not dogs on leads.
  • If they can wriggle out of it they will. That’s insurance companies not dogs on leads.
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Pet insurance is an absolute con . When it comes to claiming they nearly always say you aren’t covered.

If you are thinking about buying pet Insurance, don’t .
    Instead put the equivalent of what you would give an insurance company away in a separate account and use that money if you happen to have a problem with your pet and if you don’t it’s nice little savings account . 

• Pet insurance is an absolute con . When it comes to claiming they nearly always say you aren’t covered.

Instead put the equivalent of what you would give an insurance company away in a separate account and use that money if you happen to have a problem with your pet and if you don’t it’s nice little savings account . 

I stopped insuring mine when only had three, then it would’ve cost more to insure 3 dogs for a month than it cost to insure my car and house for a year I dread to think what it cost now. We put the money away monthly...... 

That's ok if you dont claim or claim after a number of years. No good if your pet needs emergency help after 1 month. 

• I worked for a pet insurer for about three months.  We had a boss give a motivational speech. 'there are three things you need to know about the insurance business, "deny, deny, deny".'

That's ok if you dont claim or claim after a number of years. No good if your pet needs emergency help after 1 month. 

My boys premium went from £20 something to 160 quid a month because he was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Guess what his hypothyroidism or anything related to it wasn’t covered. Bearing in mind that was 8 years ago, since we stopped pumping our dogs full of chemicals on the advice of pharmaceutical companies via the vets five years ago mine haven’t been near a vets with the exception of a female for spaying and our puppy for It’s only set of jabs. Natural wormers, flea treatments all available to you and me over the counter all my dogs have been titre tested and carry full immunity so why would there be a need for boosters. It’s all out there in the internet and just for the record Bailey cost us 21k in vets treatments for no other reason than we took a vets word as gospel when a sixty quid blood test would found the problem so yes I have a downer on vets, (not all) especially as a year of my boys already short life was was wasted. Fortunately that fecker no longer practices, but don’t think all are the profession are in it for the good of the animals. Insurance companies are amongst the worst because they use our emotions to get our money. 

Exactly! Insurance for our bulldog is 250 a year. Had him three years to the day now, last year we claimed about 4.5k due to ops, scans, etc for bladder stones. Claimed all back, no issues at all. Premiums went up about 30 quid. We'd be over 3.5k down by doing this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I worked for a pet insurer for about three months.  We had a boss give a motivational speech. 'there are three things you need to know about the insurance business, "deny, deny, deny".'
    No there aren't
  • everyone begrudges paying for insurance until they need it. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    everyone begrudges paying for insurance until they need it. 
    True......but they begrudge being ripped off even more MOL.😡