Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fried Bread

As an alternative to the Toast thread, when was the last time you ate Fried Bread... and was it in a B&B?

I love it!

Comments

• It's been so long that I'd forgotten about it. Thank you for the reminder - it's lovely, will be reacquainting myself this weekend.
  • edited March 2020
    Love fried bread but haven’t eaten it in yonks - has to be a eaten with tinned tomatoes. Trying to not have a heart attack so I don’t have it any more  ! 
  • fried slice, done properly, is lovely. 
  • Love it, but reckon it must be over 10 years since I last ate it
  • I like fried bread on toast.
    Have you been drinking?
  • When I was in the scouts! 
    Have you been drinking?
    Sadly not......rarely drink during the week nowadays.😕
  • Sponsored links:

• Horrible stuff.
  • Yep prolly a year ago in a hotel 
    beautiful 
    always eat it once in a long time to remind myself how filthily greasy it is 

• Whenever I went away with my old man on boys weekends, he always made sure he had it (as well as pork scratchings) as my mum would never let him.

I’ve never liked it.

• Love it, but reckon it must be over 10 years since I last ate it
    French toast? 
  • Fried bread with fried eggs and HP sauce. 
  • In my hall of residence back in first year at university they had the proper deep fried type available every morning. I ate far too much of it. 
    When I got married I discovered middle class fried bread which is shallow fried. Not as good, but still good. 
  • Didn't think this was still eaten, it's what I would describe as war food. Along with faggots, pease pudding, dripping and liver.
  • So random, i was googling banana fried eggy bread about 30 mins ago 😂
  • PopIcon said:
    Didn't think this was still eaten, it's what I would describe as war food. Along with faggots, pease pudding, dripping and liver.
    ah Pease Pudding. England's equivalent to Hummus. 
  • love a fried slice. whenever i'm in a greasy spoon i ask for that instead of toast. 

might try to make it myself tomorrow morning. 
  • Sponsored links:

Have you been drinking?
    Sadly not......rarely drink during the week nowadays.😕
    Have some fried bread on toast then mate
  • PopIcon said:
    Didn't think this was still eaten, it's what I would describe as war food. Along with faggots, pease pudding, dripping and liver.
    Now we're talking. Food of the gods
  • Loved the liver and bacon at school
  • Why is this reminding me of the word alechutted
  • Fried bread is life-affirming. You can actually feel your heart flutter. Haven't had it for years and years but love it. Will try and sort a bit out with a poached egg when the Missus isn't around to slate me for it.
  • edited March 2020
    I love it , has to be not that crispy though . If it sodden with the juice of a tin of toms with a runny fried egg on top it’s the best 
  • Very lightly spread some butter or your spread of choice on both sides of the slice of bread. Hot ish pan no oil. Can’t be that bad for you. 
  • Used to love it but must be decades since I last had it. 
  • I just fancy stewed kidneys and bacon on fried bread now