Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2020/21

So the honour falls to me this time round, just in time for that sweet dearth of off-season posts.

What will happen in 2020? The Chiefs have another year of Mahomes on a cheap deal, so can they defend their Super Bowl title? Have we seen the last of Brady in New England? (Hint: almost certainly not.) Is this a swansong for Drew Brees? How will the 49ers cope after heartbreak in the Hard Rock? And of course, will the Jaguars abandon all pretence and just emigrate to London halfway through the season? Answers to all these questions, and more, in several months' time!

----------------------------------------

A few positions have checked in at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, with players like near-certain #1 overall pick Joe Burrow being measured up. He won't throw at the combine, while Chase Young (seen as the best player available this year, and likely #2 overall) won't perform any drills - just interviews and medicals.

The first day of drills is Thursday and they're available on the NFL Network, if anyone's particularly interested. Might do a mock draft both now, and after the combine. There's a great tool to do so here if anyone is so inclined: https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine 

Comments

• Nice one Paddy, I'll give this a go:

Pre-combine Dolphins Mock Draft 1.0

5. Tua (QB) = Needs no explanation
    18. Andrew Thomas (OT) = Protect Tua at all costs (plus we have a dearth of Tackle talent)
    26. AJ Epenesa (EDGE) = Seems to be dropping across a few boards I've seen and is (IMO) a steal at the back end of the 1st. BPA
    39. Grant Delpit (S) = We need to replace Minkah (and probably Reshad Jones), National Champ
    56. Jonathan Taylor (RB) = Not a huge fan of an early RB pick but the kid is talented. Tempted by Cushenberry (IOL) for talent, position of need and quality of name

If the draft fell this way I'd be over the moon. If Tua's gone by 5 (I'd rather we didn't trade up) I'd prefer to go no QB and move forward with Fitzmagic and a backup for this season and use our mountain of 2021 picks to grab Lawrence (no chance realistically) or Fields.

• Kind of want Henry Ruggs to have an iffy Combine, so the Broncos get him at 15, if we can with Sutton on the other side and Fant, with Lock's arm, we could have a lot of fun in Denver this year. 
  • edited February 2020
    Pre-combine Ravens mock draft 1.0, live report, got a bit carried away here:

35: Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma. It's no secret that the Ravens struggled to rush the passer last year but I'll pass on Zack Baun (EDGE, Wisconsin) and hope he or someone similar falls later in the draft, especially as Matt Judon is likely to get tagged, and we grab Murray at the LB position that's also in desperate need of an upgrade after letting Za'Darius Smith walk last offseason (big mistake). This guy sounds and looks explosive - just what the Ravens need if they're going to slow down Burrow and Mayfield in the AFC North. In reality, I expect the Ravens to trade down here and collect some more picks.

60: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU. The gamble on waiting for Baun didn't pay off after the Giants took him at pick 40. It doesn't matter as we're going to keep waiting on that position for now and get a steal with the best RB left on the board (maybe the best in the class?) and one who helped Burrow and LSU to a national Championship in 2019 with just shy of 2,000 total scrimmage yards and 17 (SEVENTEEN) TDs! The Ravens struggled against Tennessee without a fully fit Mark Ingram and Justice Hill is too undersized to be a three-down back if Ingram declines this year. Ravens lock up the backfield and become even more dominant in the run in 2020. Imagine this guy with the MVP. Try and stop them. Tempted by Bryan Edwards (WR, South Carolina) who I really like and Brandon Aiyuk (WR, Arizona State) but this WR class is deep, and we'll get some better pass catchers for Lamar later. 

92: Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee. Aiyuk goes to the Redskins at 60, Bryan Edwards is still there, maybe he'll fall a bit further as there are concerns about his age and lack of effort on certain routes. Still plenty of WRs on the board. We'll take a chance on Darrell Taylor who got over 8 sacks in each of last two years. He doesn't sound the finished article, but no EDGE is at this stage of the draft. At worst, he's used in rotations and the Ravens are clever enough at developing these guys into versatile players. 

119: Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC. Bryan Edwards goes to the Chargers at 102 but we get Pittman. This guy is a beast and doesn't get beaten in contested catch situations: 6'4, 219 lbs and an average of 14.7 reception yards in his college career and 11 TDs in 2019. Comparisons to Mike Williams. This is the slot receiver the Ravens have needed since Steve Smith Sr. retired. Willie Snead isn't good enough and now opposing secondaries are going to have deal with Hollywood down the field and Mark Andrews and the physicality of Pittman over the middle and in the redzone. Good luck.

124: Jordan Elliott, IDL, Missouri. How is he still on the board?! I've seen him mocked in the first round and is expected to be one of the risers of the Combine this week, so I doubt he falls to round four as he does here. Might not be the strongest or most consistent but he can help with the pass rush on the inside. Keep an eye on him, he'll rise over the coming weeks. Could be a real steal if he falls this far. 

152: Isiah Hodgins, WR, Oregon State. I'm resisting CB (depth there already) or the O-line (really depends on Yanda) right now and I'm giving Lamar Jackson (MVP by the way) another weapon. 6'4, 209 lbs and over a 1,000 receving yards last year with another average over 13 yds per reception. Could be more of a developmental project (which the Ravens aren't historically good at with WRs) but he can sit as the WR3/4 with the Ravens this year behind Hollywood, Pittman, Andrews (effectively a slot guy) and I expect Boykin to break out this year. Worth a gamble. 
  • Nice one Paddy.

I was obviously blind when looking to see if a thread had been started when I set up my thread earlier.

• I'll give the first round a go - this being pre-combine. Am only including the one trade, as I don't know how to predict them that well outside of the top 5/10:

1. Cincinnati BengalsJoe Burrow, QB, LSU

No explanation needed. The Bengals move on from Dalton and draft their franchise QB. And I think Burrow might well have all the tools needed (except for tiny tiny hands, apparently), and is coming off one of the greatest seasons in college football history. He works particularly well in shotgun, where he has slightly more time to develop reads and utilise his unquestionable football intelligence. He looks like a leader. 

2. Washington Redskins - Chase Young, DE, The Ohio State

Could the Skins be tempted to trade down if there's noise about a quarterback? ... Maybe, but I think they'll see a glaring hole at edge rusher, a generational prospect in the draft at their pick, and do the right thing - especially as the Lions would almost certainly take Young if he fell. Young looks even better than Nick Bosa, and is near-unanimously considered the best overall prospect in the draft.

TRADE: MIA gives #5, #26, #70 for DET #3

(I see this as overpay, but am envisaging the Chargers offering #6, #37 and a 2021 1st beforehand.)

3. Miami DolphinsTua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

I think the Lions are in a prime trade-down spot here: the Chargers are moving on from Rivers, the Panthers don't seem to have a sure thing, and of course, the Dolphins telegraphed their QB intentions with Fitzpatrick. And it's the Dolphins - with all their ammunition - who offer the most (two 1sts and a 3rd) to trade up and get their guy. His injury outlook is getting better and better, and an accurate, smart talent will be under centre for the Phins for the foreseeable.

4. New York GiantsJedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

Gettleman's recently said he'd be open to trading down. But he never actually does so, and I envisage the Giants getting someone beastly to protect Daniel Jones. He's got a lot of raw power, but also reads coverage well, and his mindset is probably the best of a very good class of offensive tackles. Maybe he'll false start a couple of times, but he will plug in and play to give Jones that much more time in the pocket.

5. Detroit LionsJeff Okudah, CB, The Ohio State

What a draft already for the Lions. They trade down and still get the guy they would want, while adding another first-round throw at the dartboard. Okudah is a hugely talented cornerback who either replaces, or plays opposite Darius Slay. He is at least as athletically gifted as Jalen Ramsey, and he knows it - technique might be an issue, but for someone who has been so good in man coverage, Patricia will be happy teaching.

6. Los Angeles ChargersJustin Herbert, QB, Oregon

Well, they tried to move up for Tua, but have to settle for "only" the third-best quarterback in the draft. Herbert has the size, arm strength, and mobility that all teams look for these days. I would however be quite concerned that he can panic slightly if his first read isn't there/stare down a receiver, and when he's pressured, his mechanics are vulnerable. But that can be worked on, you think.

7. Carolina PanthersIsaiah Simmons, LB*, Clemson

Luke Kuechly retired unexpectedly, Cam Newton's health is a question, and Matt Rhule will need to make an impression. He wants Newton back, and has said as such, so I think he goes to replace a franchise cornerstone with the Swiss army knife that is Simmons - hence the * against his name. Converted from safety, he lined up basically everywhere for the Tigers, flying round the field. Used properly, he could be one of the best defensive players in the league straight out the gate, and will make defensive scheming that much easier.

8. Arizona CardinalsCeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

There are a number of things the Cards could do here. I was thinking O-line, or DT, but Kingsbury is young and will want some sexy football with Kyler throwing to some weapons. His mobility eases pressure on the offensive line somewhat, and I reckon we'll see him used to throw up the ball to contested catch and yards after catch beast, CD Player. He's big, he works well on the outside, and has spent time in a complex college offence, so should be a great addition for Arizona.

9. Jacksonville JaguarsDerrick Brown, DT, Auburn

The Jags need quite a lot here. Lazy journalists are saying we're in the QB trade up discussions (no - Minshew is too marketable), some think CB is a pressing need (depends on FA), others WR/OL/CB, but a plurality would agree that replacing near-certain cap casualty Marcell Dareus is a priority to ensure the interior is well marshalled. The Jags were horrible against the run without him, so in comes Brown. He is a versatile and dominant inside force who can have an impact straight away. 

10. Cleveland BrownsMekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

A month or two ago, this would have been a major surprise. And it still is - Wirfs and Thomas are more polished overall for me. But Becton has shot up boards all over the place because he is an absolute unit. Seriously. He is MASSIVE. And surprisingly mobile with his frame, too - though balance and some awareness aspects need work, he has immense upside and he can provide protection for Baker Mayfield.

11. New York Jets - Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

The Jets have quite a lot of holes. But most glaring are the holes that allow defenders to get to Darnold time and time again - he's a good QB when not running for his life and sanity, and Wirfs will be able to help certainly on the right side. If Kelvin Beachum doesn't return, he can probably move to the left, but either way - Darnold needs help and gets it. The Jets could well think this receiver class is so deep that they pass on Jeudy (who I'd really consider here), and snag someone good in round 2 or 3.

12. Las Vegas RaidersJerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

The Raiders had more wide receivers than I had hot dinners in 2019. Darren Waller, their TE, had 1,145 yards - and Tyrell Williams as their most prolific receiver had 600-odd yards. They clearly need a stud at WR and in Jeudy, they get one. He runs routes fantastically, has decent enough hands (could improve a bit), and is a yards after catch machine. And the pick falls into their laps. Bosh. (And they'll draft another receiver in round three or four, I assume - this class is so deep.)

13. Indianapolis ColtsJavon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina

A lot of people see Jordan Love going here. I don't. I think the Colts go for Rivers or someone in free agency, especially with all their cap space (they are being forced to spend money by the league), and reassess in 2021. While they're also in the market for offensive linemen, I think they'll look for one later on, and instead go for best fit/best player available, which in this case is Kinlaw who will beef that defensive line up. He's explosive and being a Jags fan, I do not like this pick!

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jordan Love, QB, Utah

... Well. They're not happy - the Colts have been a tad surprising and best-fit Kinlaw is off the board just one pick before he fell into their laps. But that means Love falls into their laps, who they can take while signing Winston to a short-term deal, and who Arians (supposed QB whisperer) might be able to coach some decision making into. He has all the physical tools but is very much a project QB for me - but the Bucs can afford a project with Winston around for another year.

15. Denver BroncosHenry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

That makes @Rothko a happy man! No trades needed. I'm assuming CB is addressed in free agency, so Elway goes for the quickest receiving threat - and truly elite pace is on display here. Ruggs is somewhat similar to Tyreek Hill and I think Drew Lock will have lots of fun throwing to him and Sutton.

16. Atlanta Falcons - AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa

Generating pressure off the edge is key this year - the Falcons had the fourth-fewest sacks in 2019, and with some big impending free agents, they go to the draft to address the position. Epenesa has great traits such as power, technique, length and rushing ability, while his stats also stand up against the best in class.
  • Part two (it was too long):

17. Dallas CowboysXavier McKinney, S, Alabama

It's clear secondary help is needed and I think with the safety market this year, the Cowboys address this in the draft. McKinney is versatile and intelligent - maybe not an elite athlete, but he'll be a good addition to a team that will surely be screwed by cap soon enough.

18. Miami DolphinsK'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU

Addressing another need, the Dolphins should be pretty happy that Chaisson has slipped to them here. He has good build and mobility to disrupt offensive schemes, though his torn ACL in 2018 is a little flag. He's a developing player with lots of potential and upside.

19. Las Vegas RaidersPatrick Queen, LB, LSU

His performance in the playoffs was a bit of a breakout this year, as he doesn't have an extensive college record, but Queen can freshen up the Raiders' linebackers and provide explosiveness and more. The Raiders have perennially looked weak at the position and I think Queen here makes a lot of sense (even over Kenneth Murray), as he is on an upward curve.

20. Jacksonville JaguarsKristian Fulton, CB, LSU

The Jags still need to replace Telvin Smith, who seems to have been arrested for a massive weed growing operation (maybe - either way he remains retired at the time of writing). And there are questions over the offensive line, but this is a surprisingly deep OL class. So I think they dip in for a cornerback here in the shape of Fulton, making it three consecutive LSU picks. His versatility means he's easy to scheme, and while he might not be too strong in the tackle, he has huge potential to shut down receivers before needing that.

21. Philadelphia EaglesJalen Reagor, WR, TCU

I am predicting an eyebrow-raising 40 time from Reagor now, along with other physical drills to improve. So while this is a reach, it's a sexy reach. He relies a lot on separation and speed, and his hands aren't as sound as some other prospects, but the Eagles need something different at receiver and I think Reagor has tremendous upside and could eclipse Ruggs as the truly scary speed threat of this year's WR class.

22. Buffalo BillsTee Higgins, WR, Clemson

With Reagor going - the fourth WR in the first round! - there's a sense that even in this draft class with so many options, there could be a bit of a run on the position. And the Bills need someone for Josh Allen to throw to when he's not taking snaps as a running back, they suppose. So they'll go with a guy who hoovers up catches in what is already a big catch radius, and who works well thereafter. Maybe his routes aren't there yet, but maybe they won't need to be as Allen will keep defensive coordinators on their toes with his threat as a rusher.

23. New England Patriots Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State

A need and one of the best players on the board for the Pats. It's not fair this happens after a surprisingly off year for them. YGM is big and has long old limbs to help win his battles against the offensive line. He steps well and has a big tackling frame, but can be a tad slow on reading protection packages/play calls. That can be taught, though. And Belichick is a master coach...

24. New Orleans SaintsLaviska Shenault, WR, Colorado

This is a potential trade down spot as they don't have many picks. But as it stands, I think they would take a complementary receiver to Mike Thomas. As good as he is - maybe the best in the league? - Thomas can't do it all, and Ted Ginn (who's alright I suppose) is second on their depth chart I think. So Shenault's versatility can rival Taysom Hill's but opens up offensive possibilities with Brees probably returning.

25. Minnesota VikingsCJ Henderson, CB, Florida

Rhodes has fallen off a cliff. Waynes will sort of do. I... cannot name any other Vikings CBs, but I've heard very bad things. So Henderson immediately addresses that need really well, with a good athletic frame. He's also excellent in man coverage - though his tackling is a concern.

26. Detroit LionsNeville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma

Snacks Harrison didn't look all that great for Detroit and the position is one where they're losing a lot of players and have relatively little talent - so Gallimore makes sense with their second dart this round.

27. Seattle Seahawks - Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama

A prime trade down team of course. But they need an edge rusher so here's Terrell Lewis, who has length, explosiveness, and flexibility. But he's succumbed to a few injuries in college, so his talent hasn't always been shown. He's a project pick to an extent but if the Seahawks can somehow survive on the edge in 2020, giving Lewis limited snaps, he might be a key player going forwards (depending on injuries).

28. Baltimore RavensKenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

See what TRR said above. He's disruptive and explosive, and they get a little bit of a steal here. He's versatile but raw, and was playing his best in the season just gone. Think this is a good pick to fit need and ability.

29. Tennessee TitansAndrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

They've not picked up Jack Conklin's option, and while he's no doubt a decent lineman, I think someone like the Giants will make him a bigger offer so they'll turn to a guy like Thomas. A nice surprise that he's fallen this far in the draft, and Thomas plugs and plays from day one. I hate this pick as a Jag. Again.

30. Green Bay PackersJosh Jones, OT, Houston

A project but they desperately need a big boy on that offensive line, I suppose. Not sure what they can do with a pick this late, but I would think the fifth-year option is a nice thing to have for a project pick like Jones, especially if he refines his technique to a good level. Probably won't go straight in, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him take snaps.

31. San Francisco 49ersCesar Ruiz, IOL, Michigan

I think a trade down is likely. They have this pick, then nothing til round 5. Ruiz has played a lot at center, but I think he is versatile and intelligent enough to play anywhere on the interior. Big and strong, he'll be useful for whoever drafts him.

32. Kansas City ChiefsD'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

Running back is definitely a bit of a need, even with the ridiculously high-powered Chiefs offence. Swift can add yet another gadget for Mahomes and Reid to draw things up for. He's not the tallest but he's able to gain yards after contact, and is versatile in scheme. He also hasn't had too many attempts at Georgia which bodes well for freshness in the NFL - but was very productive. Chiefs could also trade this pick, but I think Swift is the best RB available, so why not go for it?
  • Isaiah Simmons just ran a 4.39, most of you may not have heard that name or know how crazy that is, you will soon. 
  • Isaiah Simmons just ran a 4.39, most of you may not have heard that name or know how crazy that is, you will soon. 
    Jonathan Taylor did that yesterday too. 
    My god. Still think he goes Panthers at 7. What a time though 
  • Obviously here in Boston it Brady watch 24/7. Nobody (apart from Julian Edelman) expects him back, so the question is who replaces him.  Andy Dalton has been mentioned a lot, but in the last couple of days, Stafford from the Lions has been the hot rumor. Apparently he wants out of Detroit, and his salary for 2020 is exactly where the Pats would like it to be. 

The follow on from that is that the Lions keep the pick, and take Tua, messing up everyone’s mock drafts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously here in Boston it Brady watch 24/7. Nobody (apart from Julian Edelman) expects him back, so the question is who replaces him.  Andy Dalton has been mentioned a lot, but in the last couple of days, Stafford from the Lions has been the hot rumor. Apparently he wants out of Detroit, and his salary for 2020 is exactly where the Pats would like it to be. 

The follow on from that is that the Lions keep the pick, and take Tua, messing up everyone’s mock drafts. 
    That rumour makes Washington's pick worth an absolute fortune. The Skins could end up with Miami's 3 first round picks if The Phins are all in on Tua.
  • Could Skins just go for Tua and trade Haskins away. 
    Bit like cardinals last year with Kyler Murray / Josh Rosen? 

Don’t watch CFB so is Tua worth that kind of risk ? 
  • Can’t see Brady not being a Patriot to be fair. And Patricia has stated Stafford is going nowhere. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Isaiah Simmons just ran a 4.39, most of you may not have heard that name or know how crazy that is, you will soon. 
    Jonathan Taylor did that yesterday too. 
    Best RB in this draft class.
  • Yannick Ngakoue to be tagged by the Jags as he doesn't want to sign a long-term deal with us.

Cool. Let's get some draft capital and I hope someone else overpays him.
  • edited March 2020
    Now the combine is over and draft build up begins, anyone else have a ‘rogue’ player for your team to take? If Jalen Hurts falls to the Vikings pick in the 2nd I’d love us to take a flyer on him. We don’t have a youngster behind Cousins at the minute and I think he has the potential to be great. 
  • Now the combine is over and draft build up begins, anyone else have a ‘rogue’ player for your team to take? If Jalen Hurts falls to the Vikings pick in the 2nd I’d love us to take a flyer on him. We don’t have a youngster behind Cousins at the minute and I think he has the potential to be great. 
    I'd completely disagree. He is a one-read quarterback, which is pretty difficult to coach out of someone in the NFL. At college, Oklahoma was first built as a one-read spread offense, and then Riley basically ran the run-pass option for Hurts, too, which played to his athletic strengths and was able to hide his weaknesses in accuracy; arm strength; and reading downfield. He wasn't able to execute a more complicated game plan.

In the pocket, he loves a bit of a dance (then again, Minshew loves this as well, but a slightly different proposition given how well Minshew was able to read the field generally -and how bad our offensive line is!). And this is the majority opinion from what I've seen - not a knock on hurts as a person or anything, but he's not got the right eyes for an NFL QB.

---------------------

The big boy I would LOVE to see come to the Jags, as value in the third or fourth, is Ben Bartch, offensive tackle from the tiny St John's College in Div III. He has incredible play discipline and always seems to know when the blitz is coming, or any tricks the defense shows. His IQ is a huge asset. Footwork needs a lot of work (tbf he's Div III so that makes sense), but he has great hands and engagement.
  • Nothing wrong with second round QBs.  Vikings should wait a year for a new QB, Cousins is good for another year.

As for the Broncos, Ruggs, Lamb and Jeudy all had good Combines, so I reckon we'll have a decent option at 15, then worry about the other positions later 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Could Skins just go for Tua and trade Haskins away. 
    Bit like cardinals last year with Kyler Murray / Josh Rosen? 

Don’t watch CFB so is Tua worth that kind of risk ? 
    Either way it's in Washington's interest to make everyone believe that they want Tua and to see what they get offered for the pick. 
  • I see Pats have been linked with a multitude of QBs, and are apparently eyeing up a possible draftee, regardless of whether Brady signs or not
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    I see Pats have been linked with a multitude of QBs, and are apparently eyeing up a possible draftee, regardless of whether Brady signs or not
    Drafting a QB would be the right thing anyway (though maybe not in the first round) - Brady isn't getting younger and I think it's fair to say his arm strength was definitely on the wane this year. He gets away with it, though, because he has some of the best anticipation and eye movement we've seen ever.

Think we might see the Pats go for someone like, but not necessarily, Anthony Gordon from Washington State (where Minshew played the year prior!), and possibly give Brady another year while the guy learns. 

There are loads of options in free agency to consider as well - could see something mad like one of the current Titans QBs going up there for relatively cheap.
  • Big rumours coming out that a Jimmy G return could be on the cards with Brady moving to 49ers for one last run at a ring in his "hometown"
  • Bouye to the Broncos for a fourth. 

A fourth.

Right, well, whatever. We now have... Tre Herndon, DJ Hayden (who's been decent tbf), and... I dunno. Wonder where we're going in the draft, then.
  • sam3110 said:
    Big rumours coming out that a Jimmy G return could be on the cards with Brady moving to 49ers for one last run at a ring in his "hometown"
    49ers don't trust Jimmy G but that's so short-sighted. This isn't peak Brady we're talking about. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Bouye to the Broncos for a fourth. 

A fourth.

Right, well, whatever. We now have... Tre Herndon, DJ Hayden (who's been decent tbf), and... I dunno. Wonder where we're going in the draft, then.
    Good bit of business for the Broncos, doesn't massively affect the cap space we've got, a forth round is a good level to trade at, and Fangio wanted Bouye when he was DC at the Bears, so he likes and Chris Harris is almost certainly out of the door now
  • Rothko said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Bouye to the Broncos for a fourth. 

A fourth.

Good bit of business for the Broncos, doesn't massively affect the cap space we've got, a forth round is a good level to trade at, and Fangio wanted Bouye when he was DC at the Bears, so he likes and Chris Harris is almost certainly out of the door now
    Yes, looks like we're not going to wait around for Harris anymore. He's a brilliant CB, but seems Fangio isn't going to suffer his exploits any more. Overall happy with this trade, and we've got enough picks to allow for this. Expect we might take 3rd or 4th round CB to supplement.
  • sam3110 said:
    Big rumours coming out that a Jimmy G return could be on the cards with Brady moving to 49ers for one last run at a ring in his "hometown"
    49ers don't trust Jimmy G but that's so short-sighted. This isn't peak Brady we're talking about. 
    I agree it’s short sighted, but I have no doubt they would have won with last season’s Brady. The question is whether they think this years Brady will be as good (probably), and how big is their window before they start losing players in free agency.  If they end up with Jimmy G, and he’s not quite good enough, and then the inevitable break up occurs because you can’t pay all these guys, do they end up in the middle of the pack without a Super Bowl. 

Tough choice.  If I was them, I’d want to maximize my chances to win now. 
  • I don't think they beat Mahomes, Reid and the Chiefs regardless.

Fournette next out the door @PaddyP17?
  • Trevor Lawrence?