Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Empty seats

From where I was sat in the north west quadrant, I couldn’t believe the amount of empty seats today for a sell out. Particularly the East. What was that all about ? 

Comments

• People probably saw the weather and though only a fiver and sacked it off.  Shame as there were still people after tickets.

• I was in the NW Quadrant as well and surprised at the number of empty seats. The Family Section looked About 75% full meaning 25% empty and there were others all over the ground.
  • edited February 2020
    I was in the nwq in my usual seat and was up and down like a whores drawers all game,people there with no interest in the game coming and going. One guy in my row went out 3 times in the 1st half,sat there for the entirety(?) of half time then decided to go out again as soon as the 2nd half began. Joker. Im all for £5 games/kids for a quid etc if it brings revenue to our great club but im swerving it next time,does my head in.
  • From where I was sat in the north west quadrant, I couldn’t believe the amount of empty seats today for a sell out. Particularly the East. What was that all about ? 
    Lots of train services cancelled and people not willing to risk the weather. I wish I’d done the same after watching that shambles on the pitch . 
  • I was in the nwq in my usual seat and was up and down like a whores drawers all game,people there with no interest in the game coming and going. One guy in my row went out 3 times in the 1st half,sat there for the entirety(?) of half time then decided to go out again as soon as the 2nd half began. Joker. Im all for £5 games/kids for a quid etc if it brings revenue to our great club but im swerving it next time,does my head in.
    Same in J block. People up and down all game.
  • I know two ST holders who couldn’t attend due to illness. A lot of sickness about at the moment. 
  • There are always STs missing (me and 1 of my boys didn’t go, for example).

You need to remember as well a big chunk of the left side of the East is allocated for freebies which always has a poor take up rate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ST holders knowing that the game was going to be crap as it was Football for a Fiver time.  Also couldnt be bothered with all the plastics turning up late, going out on 40 mins & coming back on 55. 

Embarrassed to admit it but that's why I didn't go yesterday.
  • The weather was appalling and travel to and from not great.  I am surprised there weren't far more empty seats.  

Couldn't really have complained if more thought sod it, let's stay at home. 
  • There are always STs missing (me and 1 of my boys didn’t go, for example).

You need to remember as well a big chunk of the left side of the East is allocated for freebies which always has a poor take up rate. 
    Shame when you see loads in the family stand empty as would like to take my young children in there but all sold out most games with season tickets. However seems to be loads of empty seats each game in there. 

Would be good if you could let the club know games your not going to so others could buy them for the game. 

Would be happy to do that with mine if the covered end was sold out and I couldn't make it.

• what was the official attendance ?
  • Didn't actually think the weather was that bad and the traffic was no different to normal for my journey.
  • Thought the turnout was pretty good actually.
    Yeh there were some stay-aways but it was  mainly odd seats here and there.
    Was great to see normally roped off end sections populated again.
    Didn't have any annoying £5 tourists near me which probably helped
  • ST holders knowing that the game was going to be crap as it was Football for a Fiver time.  Also couldnt be bothered with all the plastics turning up late, going out on 40 mins & coming back on 55. 

Whilst we are season tickets holders, we don’t attend football for a fivers days for this exact reason, it’s the idiots keep up and down, the bored kids, and the total knobs like those in the kicked off yesterday, frankly it’s not worth it.
  • Sponsored links:

• As above really as i said on another post, two seats were empty next to me and at half time the two people sat on my right decided not to come back for the second half...
  • There were ST holders in our row in the lower west who are there pretty much every game - but not yesterday. I wish I had taken their lead!
  • edited February 2020
    There are always STs missing (me and 1 of my boys didn’t go, for example).

Shame when you see loads in the family stand empty as would like to take my young children in there but all sold out most games with season tickets. However seems to be loads of empty seats each game in there. 

Would be good if you could let the club know games your not going to so others could buy them for the game. 

Would be happy to do that with mine if the covered end was sold out and I couldn't make it.

Yes, previously I've been told on here that the family stand is empty due to people moving themselves into the Upper Covered End instead, but presumably that wasn't the reason yesterday, seeing that the CE would have been sold out
  • In the queue to upgrade an under 11 ticket, there were plenty of people just trying to give away their spares, eventually I gave up queueing and just took 2 adults tickets for the NW upper being offered.

Thanks very much to the fella that gave them
  • Should have been another 700 on the attendance yesterday.
  • edited February 2020
    In the queue to upgrade an under 11 ticket, there were plenty of people just trying to give away their spares, eventually I gave up queueing and just took 2 adults tickets for the NW upper being offered.

What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same? If they were.

There are usually 2,000 season ticket holders not present. Given the weather, it would be no surprise if that was higher.
  • In the queue to upgrade an under 11 ticket, there were plenty of people just trying to give away their spares, eventually I gave up queueing and just took 2 adults tickets for the NW upper being offered.

What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same?
    I was given an adult and under 11 ticket, I didn't want any issue of entering with my 15 year old so just thought it safer and easier to upgrade. The queue was mostly collections I guess
  • edited February 2020
    In the queue to upgrade an under 11 ticket, there were plenty of people just trying to give away their spares, eventually I gave up queueing and just took 2 adults tickets for the NW upper being offered.

What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same?
    I was given an adult and under 11 ticket, I didn't want any issue of entering with my 15 year old so just thought it safer and easier to upgrade. The queue was mostly collections I guess
    Can understand that from your perspective but it’s not a position the club could have defended when all tickets are £5.