Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manchester City banned from the Champions League for 2 seasons.

Uefa's FFP compliance body has found Manchester City guilty of serious breaches of its rules, and have banned the club from the Champions (and Europa) League for two seasons, and fined the club €30m.

Comments

• Jesus - the significance of this thread didnt register for a few moments when I first saw it
  • Wow.
    exactly .. still the appeal process to come  .. if the ban sticks, I bet Pep is soon gone
  • edited February 2020
    Well there's another answer to those who just want our current owners to splash the cash (if they have any)

What I'd question though is whether PSG will earn a similar ban

What'll happen to England's place in the Champions League? - Will it go to the team in fifth which currently suits Sheffield United
  • They’ll appeal and be reinstated. If not, bye bye Pep.
  • Will probably get overturned on appeal.
  • What a shame!!! 😀 But it might happen to us in a few years time 😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d imagine City’s lawyers are pretty good!
  • Statement from Manchester City: 

Manchester City is disappointed but not surprised by today’s announcement by the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber. The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.

In December 2018, the UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun. The subsequent flawed and consistently leaked UEFA process he oversaw has meant that there was little doubt in the result that he would deliver.  The Club has formally complained to the UEFA Disciplinary body, a complaint which was validated by a CAS ruling.  

Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity. 

• Wow.
    Wow indeed
  • If it is suspended for a year, pending appeal, maybe we could loan a few so we make sure we qualify :smiley:
  • The model all makes sense now.

Mansoor dumps City and invests in a club that one his relatives' employees has just bought.

Genius
    We might get a few good loans
  • This is a problem we are going to have in 3 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if Pep will leave city?
  • Jesus - the significance of this thread didnt register for a few moments when I first saw it
    I never realised you knew Gabriel Jesus!
  • Will never happen
  • Will probably get overturned on appeal.
    Sure they will appeal but why are you sure it will be overturned? UEFA may be full of scumbags but there is clearly a serious case to answer.
  • Meanwhile, in a small, well-appointed office in Abu Dhabi, plans start to come together to ensure that at least one of the country's UK-based football clubs is given the best chance to compete for silverware in the next few seasons...
    Exactly. They will get the best lawyers going and will threaten Uefa with God knows what if they don't get reinstated. And they have far deeper pockets than Uefa. 

This ban will never stick. 
    Exactly. They will get the best lawyers going and will threaten Uefa with God knows what if they don't get reinstated. And they have far deeper pockets than Uefa. 

This ban will never stick. 
    Well that makes City as bad as UEFA "scumbags" then, and we might as well forget about FFP.