Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: Nottingham Forest 0-1 Charlton Athletic

many thanks to the 79 Lifers who gave marks, a couple of points:
I have increased the shots in target by 1 as the Press Association make no mention of Alfies shot early in the game that lead to a corner.
Very unusual that our 3 central defenders did not commit a single foul in the game - perhaps they left it to Davis

Comments

• thanks to Danny for spotting my error in the goal scorer table, now corected
  • He’s nabbed another MOM gong. 
  • The form table for our upcoming fixtures looks a lot more comforting now!
  • Was the only contact Smith made with anything one of their players so he got booked?  The match thread made it sound like he got nowhere near the ball.
  • So both both Pratley and Lockyer are one away from ten bookings and a suspension?
  • Was the only contact Smith made with anything one of their players so he got booked?  The match thread made it sound like he got nowhere near the ball.
    I guess that is tongue in cheek but I thought at the time it was for kicking the ball into the crowd during injury time to waste a bit more of it 😉
  • RedChaser said:
    Was the only contact Smith made with anything one of their players so he got booked?  The match thread made it sound like he got nowhere near the ball.
    I guess that is tongue in cheek but I thought at the time it was for kicking the ball into the crowd during injury time to waste a bit more of it 😉
    I think it was. A harsh booking
  • So both both Pratley and Lockyer are one away from ten bookings and a suspension?
    Yes, 37 games is the cutoff so both have to survive a further 5 matches

What we could do without is both being out at the same time, as Pratley can also cover in defence, especially if we play a back 3
  • Is it a 1 or 3 game suspension?
    2 i think.
  • Sponsored links:

2 i think.
    Correct 2 match ban for 10 yellows, 3 match ban for 15 yellows
  • Find it incredible that we've not had a player sent off this season 
  • Is that the highest mark for a center half ever?  I remember Wiggins getting higher (I think).

Not a criticism of anyone's marks but I wonder how much unconscious bias plays apart in the marking.  I think I marked Taylor 1 higher than Hamed and most people I noticed was either 1 or 1.5 difference yet Taylor was over 1.5 better in the end result.

Just thinking out loud but I wonder what thier scores would be if the performances were swapped round?
  • edited February 2020
    Leuth said:
    Find it incredible that we've not had a player sent off this season 
    Davis, if he plays many games over the next 10 weeks.
  • Leuth said:
    Davies will if he plays many games over the next 10 weeks.
    Who's Davies ? Is he related to Davidson 😉
  • Leuth said:
    That's put the mockers on it. If we have one sent off Saturday we know who to blame 
  • If it's Lord Naby I'll attend the next game in a hairshirt
  • RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    My mistake. 
    David yellow card Davis, the Brummie enforcer was the man.
  • RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    My mistake. 
    Sorry for being a bit anal Sam but if we don't nip these things in the bud we'll have another Ventokele or Otzumer on our hands 😉.
  • Sarr ranges from 3.94 to 8.92 with plenty of random scores in between.  As an ST holder, I get the lack of confidence but not to that extent.
  • Sponsored links:

• I get it - there are always Marmite players. I remember Leaburn. I appreciated his weaknesses but we were always a better team with him in it, but I recall fans sprouting vitriol about his uselessness. There was a clear split amongst fans. It happens at all levels, I had players that I managed that I used to get parents in my ear telling me not to start them whereas they were the first players on my team sheet. 

It is all about opinions I suppose. In terms of my players, I actually found it incredible others couldn't see what I could see. But they couldn't. Just a quick glance at the stats tells you that Sarr is 5th in our scoring charts and joint top in terms of assists. Incredibly you will have detractors saying, but he is there to defend! No he is there to contribute to the overall maximum effectiveness of the team!
    Kishishev was another great example. Incredibly hard worker who broke up play and must have been horrible to play against, yet many only saw the mistakes (he made a couple of high profile ones that led to goals). qFor some the first name on the team sheet every week, for others a liability.

I wonder whether the Sarr-bashers are the same people, generations notwithstanding, that used to dislike Kish and Carlo?

2 i think.
    That's mean.
  • Leuth said:
    But now we've got Davis.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    My mistake. 
    Sorry for being a bit anal Sam but if we don't nip these things in the bud we'll have another Ventokele or Otzumer on our hands 😉.
    Not forgetting the Belgiums who used to run us.
  • Leuth said:
    But now we've got Davis.
    Only ever been sent off twice in his career

Once for Birmingham and once for Inverness
  • With these three Marmite players, Kish, Carlo and Naby, I have always really rated their importance to the team. 
  • edited February 2020
    Kish never broke up play. He just covered ground and closed spaces. He was a runner. And that's why I never got why he was so highly rated. It's almost one of those 'Oh I see things you don't, so I rate him' players but in reality he did very little other than run.

According to the PL site, in 175 PL appearances he made 25 tackles. Yep.

• edited February 2020
    Never really got Kishishev, Carlo was an asset and I know for a fact that Colin Walsh thought he was superb to have as a target man. Naby, on balance, gets my vote as well so that blows the theory that if you didn't rate Kish you don't rate Carlo and or the Nabster as far as I'm concerned 😉.
  • There is nothing to say you will rate all three as they are different players with different strengths and weaknesses but there may be individual aspects of their play that people identify as being important to the team and others may not see them.