Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Heaney

I just heard our favourite nose buster on the radio, not giving the usual football chat, he was advising dingbats who had bought property in Cyprus using Swiss currency and were getting hammered due to the swing in currencies.

Comments

• Paul Heaney from That's Life?
  • Neil Heaney? Is that what he's up to now?
  • Yup definitely the same bloke as the presenter made a point of mentioning it. Novel career move.
  • Famous for appearing for us at Wembley in '98.
  • Made a lot of sense I thought. Fair play to him.
  • Tarrico was/is a prick
  • Sponsored links:

• Just listening to Danny Mills on the Alan Brazil sports breakfast talking about the worst football bust ups.
     Didn't think we would get a mention seeing as he was at Leeds , city etc. But he reckons the worst he saw was after the first playoff leg in 98 @ Portman rd.

Tarricco had been at Heaney all game. After the game finished Heaney was stood at the top of a flight of stairs in the players lounge. Tarricco was at the bottom offering him out.  Heaney accepted the offer so Tarricco ran up the flight of stairs only to be met with Heaneys right fist that sent him tumbling back down the stairs! Old bill called. The lot

Never knew that

Yeah Curbs mentioned the story in his book

Think he was having a drink with Mick McCarthy when it all happened, could have turned nasty as Tarricco was apparently blamed Heaney for it etc. what with police being called

Curbs got back on the coach where the players were waiting, said that CCTV footage had shown it wasnt Neil who started the incident and that it was a pretty good punch

Mentioned as well that it basically sorted out the team talk for the return game at the Valley
    Mills was sent off in that first leg and we still won 1-0
  • Tarrico was/is a prick
    Have to agree. After he moved to Spurs from Ipswich he played in a preseason friendly again Sittingbourne. My mate played for Sittingbourne and they were a level below the conference, so all had day jobs and were earning at more a couple of hundred quid a month to play.

Now you can excuse Tarrico's antics to a certain extent in a professional game, doing everything to win, etc., but he was exactly the same against non-league players, sly kicks behind the ref's back, rolling around on the floor if an opponent came near him. Truly a pathetic human being.

Some footballers are lovely people who become arseholes when they cross that line. The Heaney incident just goes to show Tarrico is just an arsehole 24/7
    Pretty sure my brother played in that game for Sittingbourne.
  • Just listening to Danny Mills on the Alan Brazil sports breakfast talking about the worst football bust ups.
     Didn't think we would get a mention seeing as he was at Leeds , city etc. But he reckons the worst he saw was after the first playoff leg in 98 @ Portman rd.

Tarricco had been at Heaney all game. After the game finished Heaney was stood at the top of a flight of stairs in the players lounge. Tarricco was at the bottom offering him out.  Heaney accepted the offer so Tarricco ran up the flight of stairs only to be met with Heaneys right fist that sent him tumbling back down the stairs! Old bill called. The lot

Never knew that

For those that want to here Danny Mill's chat about the incident https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1581055200/1581060600/ starts about 26.50min
  • Tarrico was/is a prick
    Wasn't it him who feigned injury so that Mills got sent off when in fact Mills hadn't touched him?  The ref stood by his red card, though, on that basis that Mills had intended to put the Ipswich player into row Z.
  • I'd never have thought heaney had it in him
  • Hadn't heard that story. Have acquired a new respect for Heaney.

Always thought that both Taricco and Mills were utter dicks.
  • @Leroy Ambrose has a truly excellent story about Taricco 
  • @Henry Irving - the only three instances I can find of the story you mention re Newton and Mills at the training ground are from you, on this site.

Of course, I'm naturally inclined to trust what you say, but would like to verify it as well in some way. Is there anyone else who can corroborate in any way? (And I don't mean to call you out or anything - why would you make it up? - but I'm surprised I can't find anything more.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Ask Mark Kinsella or @Rock Spectacle
  • Carter said:
    @Leroy Ambrose has a truly excellent story about Taricco 
    C'mon Carter, you can't leave it there.
  • Ask Mark Kinsella or @Rock Spectacle
    Fair play.
  • Ipswich manager demanded Curbs to drop heaney for the second leg as Tarrico couldn't play.

Curbs refused.

Mills could have mentioned the bust up at Sparrows Lane with Shaun Newton when Mills used the N word. Must have slipped his mind.
    Why couldn't Tarrico play? I ask because I'm sure the version told by Eddie Youds was that Curbs, having seen the cctv, went to see George Burley and Tarrico and made it very clear that he did not expect to see him playing in the 2nd leg. However I was quite drunk when told the story so may have mixed it up
  • rina said:
    Ipswich manager demanded Curbs to drop heaney for the second leg as Tarrico couldn't play.

Curbs refused.

Mills could have mentioned the bust up at Sparrows Lane with Shaun Newton when Mills used the N word. Must have slipped his mind.
    Why couldn't Tarrico play? I ask because I'm sure the version told by Eddie Youds was that Curbs, having seen the cctv, went to see George Burley and Tarrico and made it very clear that he did not expect to see him playing in the 2nd leg. However I was quite drunk when told the story so may have mixed it up
    Tarrico did play in that 2nd leg
  • surprised to see that Heaney only played a half dozen games for us. He achieved hero status in a very short CAFC career
  • surprised to see that Heaney only played a half dozen games for us. He achieved hero status in a very short CAFC career
    I checked that out the other day too.  Also surprised he only made 168 senior appearances in his 12 season career.  
    I checked that out the other day too.  Also surprised he only made 168 senior appearances in his 12 season career.  
    that is a surprise .. perhaps his football was interfering with his pugilism (only jesting) ((:>)
  • Carter said:
    @Leroy Ambrose has a truly excellent story about Taricco 
    C'mon Carter, you can't leave it there.
    It's too good for me to ruin, I'm sure he will regale us all in his own time. It's worth going through his posts to find it though if you really can't wait