Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What now?

Well I did post a month ago about what would happen in transfer window and got knocked back by the so called " you're talking rubbish people"  All I said has happened and we're heading for League one fast.  ESI talk is cheap they had a great opportunity of keeping us safe in this league but they have chosen the cheap option. 
Should have invested by spending but no. Bowyer must be looking over his shoulder I luv the guy but we are simply not good enough. MS tweet about the guys worked hard what an insult the only one who worked hard was the drinks man. Omg utter rubbish coming from his mouth. I had my doubts about the whole thing with them and I'm sorry to say looks like it's going to happen. 
Im so sorry for so many die hard fans that are putting up with this garbage.  Not looking forward to playing Accrington again. 

Comments

• You still here?
  • Afternoon Steve.
  • edited February 2020
    Notice he was conspicuous by his absence after the Barnsley win

DFTT
  • We’ll know the rights and wrongs of ESI and the activity in the window soon enough.
    Let’s wait a while more before coming down hard.
    But I am worried.
  • Hey Steve, thanks for your opinion. Your advice as always is appreciated, glad you popped by.
  • Logged on, saw this link... first reaction was: "Christ who is panicking now"

Apologies Lifers - Should have known!!
  • Sponsored links:

• ESI made a decision as to how much it made sense for them to commit to in the January market and they will effectively get their report score back at the end of the season. 21st or above and I guess they will be happy. 

Stating the obvious, but this is a tough tough league to compete in with a low budget. There is undoubtedly a bigger gulf between League 1 and the Championship than there was the last time we came back up under Chris Powell and this will only get bigger with the likely ever increasing parachute money paid to those coming down from the Premier League.

Hopefully, in the summer recruitment can be targeted towards competing more strongly in the Championship rather than in League 1. But again, stating the obvious, if you don't have the calibre of defenders who can get you a clean sheet, or you don't have sufficient striking options to outscore rivals if you can't keep a clean sheet, you are going to struggle. 
  • Logged on, saw this link... first reaction was: "Christ who is panicking now"

Apologies Lifers - Should have known!!
    Leave Steve alone, he’s most unwell.
  • I'd say McGeady counts as a marquee signing and Davis is not far behind.  No strikers is what people are moaning about, mainly because we haven't got Hemed firing.  But Saturday we are likely to have a front two of Taylor and Bonne.  Not the best attacking partnership in the division but probably top three. 
    Be keen to know who are your top 2 strike pairings if they're sitting proudly at number 3.

How many games have they even played together as a pairing?
  • again? zzzzzzzzz
  • A very sombre window for a club that has aspirations to reach the Prem in two years.

There's going to have to be some serious turnover in the summer.
  • A very sombre window for a club that has aspirations to reach the Prem in two years.

5 year plan wasn't it?

It'd obviously be very nice, but i'm not sure they've said their plan is to reach the premier league in 2 years.
  • I'd say McGeady counts as a marquee signing and Davis is not far behind.  No strikers is what people are moaning about, mainly because we haven't got Hemed firing.  But Saturday we are likely to have a front two of Taylor and Bonne.  Not the best attacking partnership in the division but probably top three. 
    Not many teams have an "attacking partnership" as the days of 4-4-2 are gone. The top scorer of the leaders, WBA, for example, is Austin with 8 goals and he has scored most of those from the bench. They do have, however, have half a dozen players who have at least 5 goals.

Bamford (13) is the only out and out striker Leeds utilise, Mitrovic (20) does the same job for Fulham as does Grabban (16) for Forest etc etc

5 year plan wasn't it?

It'd obviously be very nice, but i'm not sure they've said their plan is to reach the premier league in 2 years.
    Nimer did in an interview with team talk last week... He also said that Sheikh Mansours experience at Manchester City should be studied and replicated though, so would take the 2 years with a pinch of salt. The summer is when they are going to prove their worth, they're certainly talking the talk
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    From the posts above following my top three comment, it is fairly obvious that most sides have one out and out goalscorer, not a pair. The exception being Brentford who have BMW.

LT/MB have barely played together but that is something to look forward to.

I can't be arsed to research stats before I post a view so that I don't get called out for inaccuracies. FFS this is a forum of opinions not a court of law. Starting to regret joining.
  • defenders are badly needed
    it's just about possible that none of appropriate quality/fitness/experience were available at prices that made sense
    the squad got strengthened but not in this critical area
    pissing loads of money on "box office" or "marquee" signings guarantees nothing apart from bigger financial losses.  Roberto Soldado, Eliaquim Mangala, Fernando Torres to name but 3 -  Wolves paid £7M for Roger effing Johnson in 2011 FFS!
    No amount of spending on signings will make Lyle Taylor defend the first ball from that Stoke free-kick properly, nor make André Green do what he had to do for the 2nd ball to even try to prevent the tap in.  No amount of spending will make Adam Matthews defend properly for the 2nd or 3rd Stoke goals.  Individual errors/laziness/stupidity/worse are just that - individual.
    Congratulations on getting any responses at all to your childish hyperbole.  I trust you'll hector loudly and rub our virtual noses in it if your worst case scenario comes to pass.  I for one will be focusing on the positives, how seriously pony Wigan are and with games this month against Luton and Huddersfield Charlton's fate is very much in their own hands.

What price championship survival?

Huge huge gamble. Defense wasn't right from the start of this season but that was Roland's fault. Needed addressing.
  • Stig said:
    What now? Start another thread I should think. Then another and another and another. Keep posting new threads until East Street are no more. That'll show 'em.

When do I get to wet the bed?
  • I really don’t agree with others that every other teams bigger budget, has meant they are superior to us. Earlier in season this squad (maybe even weaker than now) was performing well, an looked very comfortable at this level.  The last two games have enabled us to field what could be considered our best team. However, in both games they have under performed ( although getting 3 points ). We need to work out why we are performing badly and get it right pretty quickly. 

LB needs to go back to what was going well up to Derby at home, and re-instate that.  What he has put out tactically in last two games, is not how we played Derby. We need to believe we can win games. Going out not to lose is killing us. 
  • Stig said:
    What now? Start another thread I should think. Then another and another and another. Keep posting new threads until East Street are no more. That'll show 'em.

When do I get to wet the bed?
    Half an hour after you’ve gone to sleep tonight. 
  • If ESI have got the money and we get relegated it will be one of the most pointless relegation.

• We do have enough quality to save ourselves, it is just we have been sucked into it and when you are sucked in, you sometimes can't get out. I thought the window was poor from ESI and was pretty vocal about it from the off, but we are where we are. It feels like objective 1 is now to stay up and it is what we all need to focus on. Objective 2 is ESI completing the purchase of the club and objective 3 is a strong summer window.

I am still suspicious of ESI and will continue to be until we start seeing some positive actions.