Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things you miss from football

I miss the non accessibility of scores at other grounds and the buzz of excitement at find out out the other scores from one of these:

Comments

• Stig said:
    Being able to just walk up to a turnstile, pay and go in. 
    Or trying to jump a wall.
  • edited February 2020
    Having the players jump up to the side of the East Stand and sign autographs

Chris Powell | Simon Royce just two that I remember doing it from years ago - Now they have to indicate to the kids that they can only do it after the game when I'm sure most parents want to just head off home

Was the one aspect I quite liked in League One as remember Ben Hamer / John Sullivan chatting with fans at an away game when they were taking in turns to do their warm up drills
  • I was more Fantasy Football era than Saint and Greavsie, Phoenix From the Flames in particular was superb.
  • Having the players jump up to the side of the East Stand and sign autographs

Chris Powell | Simon Royce just two that I remember doing it from years ago - Now they have to indicate to the kids that they can only do it after the game when I'm sure most parents want to just head off home

Was the one aspect I quite liked in League One as remember Ben Hamer / John Sullivan chatting with fans at an away game when they were taking in turns to do their warm up drills
    Why ?
  • edited February 2020
    Hopping on the bus to the ground and finding yourself sitting next to the star centre forward (ok maybe I'm not quite that old 😀).
  •   Do they ever use a brown ball nowadays?
  • Sponsored links:

• Having the players jump up to the side of the East Stand and sign autographs

Why ?
    Guess cos they've been told to focus on their warm ups etc.
  • bobmunro said:
    The Big Match - with Brian Moore
    Brian Moore was a real class act. And despite being a Gill, I always felt he had a soft spot for Charlton. 
  • Being able to drink on the terraces.  Better for those that like a drink and those that don't, because the half time rush wasn't as intense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saint and Greavsie
  • Drop balls.
  • Throwing my cap in the air when a goal is scored
  • edited February 2020
    Cerise and orange flags for the linesmen (who were called linesmen and not assistant referees/linos)
  • Before the big screen we had a girl wearing a sash that walked around the edge of the pitch displaying the raffle numbers.