Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phillip Schofield

Not an RIP 

He’s just come out as being gay . Shock horror 

Comments

• It still doesn't make him interesting. Blandest man in the world 
  • Good luck to him. Brilliant at what he does and only ever made one, stupid error of judgment in nearly forty years of presenting live TV. 
  • Must be bloody awful. Hopefully his will be the last generation that has to suffer it.

Heartbreaking for all involved.
  • Fair play to him. Got a wife and kids, so must have been horrible.
    Now is a good time if you want to tell us something Gary 😉
    I dont have a wife...
  • Weirdly I saw a years old rumour the other day that he used to be allowed in the rear entrance (no pun intended) of Buckingham Palace to "visit" a royal, and thought that turned out to be bollocks considering he's been married for years.

Shows how it was often easier to hide being gay (whether the above is true or not) for that generation, and how far we've come.

Good luck to him, and good luck to his family.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    All them years in the closet with Gordon the Gopher and Wilson the butler now make sense.
  • I'm guessing one of the tabloids had a story on him they were maybe going to run and he's been given the opportunity to speak first.

Fair play to him, can't have been an easy thing to do. Married for 27 years
  • I do suspect it's been an open secret for years so wonder if he's been forced out by The Sun or something, like Gareth Thomas and HIV.
  • Any chance he can bring back The Cube?
  • edited February 2020
    Well done to him for coming out of the broom cupboard :)
  • I'm guessing one of the tabloids had a story on him they were maybe going to run and he's been given the opportunity to speak first.

Fair play to him, can't have been an easy thing to do. Married for 27 years
    I don't think that's the case. I am in the TM production office today, sounds like this was in the pipeline for a while. Everyone here is giving him applause when he walks past which is nice. 
  • Chizz said:
    Good luck to him. Brilliant at what he does and only ever made one, stupid error of judgment in nearly forty years of presenting live TV. 
    What was that?
  • It's his wife I feel sorry for.
    After 27 years of marriage for your husband to then say he is gay can't have been easy. 
    I’m sure she knew many years ago 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Good luck to him. Brilliant at what he does and only ever made one, stupid error of judgment in nearly forty years of presenting live TV. 
    What was that?
    Caught at it with Gordon the Gopher. 
  • It's his wife I feel sorry for.
    After 27 years of marriage for your husband to then say he is gay can't have been easy. 
    I’m sure she knew many years ago 
    why are you sure?
  • Addickted said:
    It's 2020.

I mean really, who the feck cares what you get up to or how you want to be labelled?
    I would imagine his wife would 
  • Addickted said:
    It's 2020.

I mean really, who the feck cares what you get up to or how you want to be labelled?
    For some one of his generation and married for so long, it’s still really tough. Especially as he clearly thinks the world of his wife, even if he isn’t sexually attracted to her. 
  • I imagine that for most of his years of marriage he felt he was 100% (or largely) straight, maybe it took him a long time to realise

It's not as if he needed to keep it a secret for his career, as thankfully it's not an issue now.
  • Addickted said:
    It's 2020.

For your average person I agree but sadly a lot of people still do. Was watching 999 what's your emergency last night which was all about hate crimes. Lots of homophobic abuse going on. 
  • I'm sure he must have known for a long time - the issue I imagine was coming to terms with it. I wish him and his wife all the best.
  • Addickted said:
    It's 2020.

Sadly a lot of people!
  • Children's TV presenter and West End musical star turns out to be gay ?

who'd a thought it ?

Good luck to him and hope his wife and family have known for some time and that he has not been 'forced' to come out.