Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is German football the fairest of them all?

Comments

• We should go down more....
  • If they didn't dive at every opportunity they might not have been so embarrassed!
  • Pedro45 said:
    If they didn't dive at every opportunity they might not have been so embarrassed!
    Is it a dive if when the penalty is awarded they immediately advise the ref against it? Surely the point of a dive is to win a penalty... Why then tell the ref he's wrong?

@PeterGage
    See players advising the refs they're wrong despite their many years experience. 
  • Pundits over here would be condemning such behaviour as unprofessional, although it would be nice to see,
  • ……..Mirror, mirror, on the wall.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    If they didn't dive at every opportunity they might not have been so embarrassed!
    Is it a dive if when the penalty is awarded they immediately advise the ref against it? Surely the point of a dive is to win a penalty... Why then tell the ref he's wrong?

@PeterGage
    See players advising the refs they're wrong despite their many years experience. 
    Yes of course it's a dive! In most cases, it's only embarrassment and knowing that they will be seen as dives when analysed that sees them 'fess up. I don't know if Germany has post-game "simulation" penalties, as we do here; maybe that's why they all admitted it?
  • edited February 2020
    Pedro45 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Pedro45 said:

@PeterGage
    Yes of course it's a dive! In most cases, it's only embarrassment and knowing that they will be seen as dives when analysed that sees them 'fess up. I don't know if Germany has post-game "simulation" penalties, as we do here; maybe that's why they all admitted it?
    It's not always black and white, penalty or dive tho and that annoys me watching games here as well, if a player goes down and no penalty is awarded people are saying why isn't he being booked for diving, when it's not straight forward and that, sometimes momentum takes a player down and it's not a penalty nor a dive
  • edited February 2020
    Pedro45 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Pedro45 said:

@PeterGage
    It's not always black and white penalty or dive tho and that annoys me watching games here as well, if a player goes down and no penalty is awarded people are saying why isn't he being booked for diving, when it's not straight forward and that, sometimes momentum takes a player down and it's not a penalty nor a dive
    Exactly Paulie, 3/4 of the ones in here seem to be exactly that. Only one bloke looked guilty as he told the ref so I'm left to assume for many it was momentum and avoiding challenge... But I am an optimist. 
  • Paulo Di canio at Everton anyone.. 
  • Annoys me when pundits say he definitely got a touch on his leg so a it is a penalty. 

Contact doesn’t equal foul

lack of contact doesn’t mean no foul 
  • Sponsored links:

• Look at the Sterling/Lloris one last week against Spurs, not a penalty, not a dive either
  • Robbie Fowler at Arsenal told the ref he had dived once, didn't he? 
  • Robbie Fowler at Arsenal told the ref he had dived once, didn't he? 
    Did he say he dived or did he say it wasn't a foul?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Annoys me when pundits say he definitely got a touch on his leg so a it is a penalty. 

Contact doesn’t equal foul

lack of contact doesn’t mean no foul 
    Didn't they change the rules so bringing someone down in the area equals a penalty whether it was intentional or not?