Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Terrorist Attack in Streatham 02.02.20

News just coming in a Man stabbed people and was shot by police. 

Comments

• Sounds like multiple stabbings
  • Fucking hell this world is going to shit  
  • My house is in the police cordon. On lockdown still
    Christ, is there much going on or did you hear of what was going on?
    Blimey, good luck with that mate.
  • So we are right at one end of the cordon. Near Leigham court road. The actual incident judging by the pictures we are seeing was further along the high road. About 5 mins walk away. 

Didnt actually realise anything had happened other than hearing helicopters overhead and lots of police sirens which isnt that unusual for here. It's when they carried on for like 15 mins that we were like what's going on. 

Weren't allowed out for a few hours. Police are now letting people out but you are only allowed to walk away from the incident. High road is still locked down. Cars side roads instead and traffic is absolute chaos.

No idea why anyone would target Streatham.
  • So we are right at one end of the cordon. Near Leigham court road. The actual incident judging by the pictures we are seeing was further along the high road. About 5 mins walk away. 

Didnt actually realise anything had happened other than hearing helicopters overhead and lots of police sirens which isnt that unusual for here. It's when they carried on for like 15 mins that we were like what's going on. 

Weren't allowed out for a few hours. Police are now letting people out but you are only allowed to walk away from the incident. High road is still locked down. Cars side roads instead and traffic is absolute chaos.

I have no idea either, but I do know it happened right by a synagogue.
  • Stay safe Canters
  • Sponsored links:

Not far from us in Tooting. Will be interesting to see if the attacker was a local to the area. Easy access is the only reason I can think you'd target Streatham high street on a Sunday arvo. 
  • Don’t look for logic.

Thoughts with all those affected.
  • Wankers. 
  • edited February 2020
    So we are right at one end of the cordon. Near Leigham court road. The actual incident judging by the pictures we are seeing was further along the high road. About 5 mins walk away. 

Why would anyone target anywhere canters? :'(
  • I partly love the fact the woman said it, I partly want the officer to taser her.

It's why I love and hate London, all in one clip. 

Why would anyone target anywhere canters?
    I have to agree with @cantersaddick, Streatham is not exactly the place that a terrorist who wants to make their mark would attack... 

London bridge, Westminster etc. The heart of London, that's the "logical" (as crazy as that sounds) place to strike.
  • Huskaris said:
    So we are right at one end of the cordon. Near Leigham court road. The actual incident judging by the pictures we are seeing was further along the high road. About 5 mins walk away. 

I have to agree with @cantersaddick, Streatham is not exactly the place that a terrorist who wants to make their mark would attack... 

London bridge, Westminster etc. The heart of London, that's the "logical" (as crazy as that sounds) place to strike.

Do we know exactly who this terrorist was yet and what his allegiances were?

Could have been anything
  • Huskaris said:
    I partly love the fact the woman said it, I partly want the officer to taser her.

It's why I love and hate London, all in one clip. 
    I’m more surprised that someone happens to be filming at exactly the right time?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Huskaris said:

Could have been anything
    Police are saying Islamist 
  • Huskaris said:

Could have been anything
    BBC link in the 2nd post says Islamic terror related and wearing a hoax device
  • edited February 2020
    Huskaris said:

Could have been anything
    I can take an educated guess... 

Regardless, the ambition of any terrorist would be to cause maximum... Terror... Streatham seems a bit of a strange target for that. 
  • I was in that boots yesterday morning....
  • I was in that boots yesterday morning....
    Christ... They had a live witness on the radio, and when he was asked after giving an account of everything he said "how are you" he said "I'm ok.... But what is starting to hit me is that if I was on the other side of the street that would have been me... There was absolutely no motive to who was picked" so yeah... Pretty shocking. 

Hope you're doing well mate. 
  • suprise Suprise was on the police watch lists. 
  • What i dont get is that the person started filming the door before the copper entered.
  • edited February 2020
    Yea found that a little strange too.
  • edited February 2020
    What i dont get is that the person started filming the door before the copper entered.
    Whoever was filming was clearly filming the waitress and the two people ordering.
    It may even have been a low level security camera hidden on someone’s clothing for the restaurant.